The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

Comments

• edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Lightening also showed that they added extra shadow over his face in post.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 372
    JCRendle wrote: »

Do you think they are trying to hide the scar? Because with the jacket and everything (which does feel like an updated nehru suit) it seems more and more likely that Waltz is Blofeld, for those who were still doubting.

Do you think they are trying to hide the scar? Because with the jacket and everything (which does feel like an updated nehru suit) it seems more and more likely that Waltz is Blofeld, for those who were still doubting.
    I doubt it, only one portrayal of Blofeld had the scar, Donald Pleasence, and he was bald in that version - Waltz clearly has his hair. neither Telly Savalas' nor Charles Gray's Blofelds had a scar.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 163
    Moving away from Craig/Bond, for a moment, what you you think of what little we've seen of Waltz?

tumblr_nlzonfWbeX1rv0z1no1_400.jpg

It seems like he's wearing a Janker (a traditional Austrian jacket), with a shirt and tie.
    3er-bild-janker.jpg

A nod to the mao suit?

I instantly thought of a Janker as well when I saw the trailer. I don't really like that with a tie though.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 163
    Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but I now noticed that Daniel's suit from the Mexico scenes has a pattern.

7a235a0a612bb55c2900295496206ea9.jpg
    I think it's a light blue windowpane?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is he levitating? Way to go, Q!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Anti-gravity boots! Talk about wearing lifts ;)
    It is not the boots, he has some antigravity device in his hands.
  • RC7RC7
    Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but I now noticed that Daniel's suit from the Mexico scenes has a pattern.

Not identical, but I had this suit made for my wedding at the end of last year.

fCFXBkw.jpg
    @RC7, are you holding a speech there or singing?

I imagine a Dean Martin song.
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7, are you holding a speech there or singing?

I imagine a Dean Martin song.

Ha ha. It had never occurred to me that I might appear to be singing. Unfortunately not, singing is certainly not one of my skills. I'm dazzling the audience with a display of unrelenting wit. Half of it, anyway.
    I hope you stayed clear of your usual insults.

Anyway, looking good and congratulations on the wedding!
  • RC7RC7

A few may have slipped through the net.
    How many forum members did you mention?
    RC7 wrote: »

A few may have slipped through the net.

I think you get a pass on that day.

• RC7RC7
    How many forum members did you mention?

5 or 6. I feigned a nervous breakdown, explaining the MI6 Community was littered with agents whose sole purpose was to piss me off.
    I can only speak for myself, but it is not my sole purpose. I have many others to piss off, you know. The community is sadly growing.
  • RC7RC7
    I can only speak for myself, but it is not my sole purpose. I have many others to piss off, you know. The community is sadly growing.

Godspeed. I will enjoy, as I always do, any sardonically motivated missions you choose to embark on. I may even provide back-up.
    One of the few more offensive than yours truly. Cannot think of many more fitting.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Villiers53 wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »
    Yes, Sean's pink tie will live on in infamy. ;)
    Another guy that wears suits real well, I think is George Clooney. He can look quite dapper.
    Check out his recent airport film, Up in the Air
    gc-ak.jpg
    Yes, relative does keep me supplied in suits. Very handy. But they mostly hang in the closet, as I don't need them for work, but they are there when needed.
    Unfortunately, wife sold the old golf clubs at last upgrade. I was hoping.
    Haven't quite figured out how to wangle the hand-me-down cars yet.
    I do reciprocate. When he goes on his cruises, he gives me a list of Bond films he wants
    He likes his Bond films.
    I provide the dvds. Doesn't want the blu-rays, as cruise liners apparently don't equip the cabins with blu-ray players. Who knew.

No doubt, the Cloonster is a sartorial ace.
    Throughout 'The American' , apart from a pair of dodgy Persols at the beginning, that quickly gave way to Zegna's own shades, he gave an absolute master class as to how an assassin should dress. His casual and formal attire were all great choices and perfect for the environment.
    Zegna did the whole lot and personally, I loved the look.
    He also looked absolutely fabulous in Michael Clayton. The cord jacket in that film was a killer - I searched the globe for it, all to no avail and finally got A&S to make me one.
    On a more general note, Clooney wears a lot of Italian clothes often by - often by Armarni. Personally, I'm not a huge Armarni fan because he doesn't offer bespoke only the famous 'made to measure' service with all its pit falls and I think he has a special studio to dress the great and the good so what we see from Clooney is not 'stock' Armani.
    That said George always looks the dog's bollocks and you'd never catch him bouncing around in one of those tight bum freezer suits - perhaps we should ask him to give DC some advice?

That suits lappels look sooooo cheap! thats a nasty suit.

fCFXBkw.jpg

Dude looks like James Macavoy.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

fCFXBkw.jpg

Unlike Bond's suit, yours fits perfectly. B-)
    The jacket, yes. He could be wearing shorts. Or speedos for all we know.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    That's completely acceptable.

enhanced-buzz-wide-569-1406883700-16.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

She seems impressed. I, however, am not
    bondjames wrote: »

She seems impressed.
    I wouldn't say impressed, looking at her face...

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    You're right. I thought I noticed a smirk at first, but on 2nd look it's more like she's understandably petrified.
    bondjames wrote: »
    You're right. I thought I noticed a smirk at first, but on 2nd look it's more like she's understandably petrified.

Smart girl
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Ouch