SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

dragonsky wrote: »
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I don't know if this happens in the film but it would be cool if Blofeld has Bond for dinner and Blofeld acticates a tv display and on the screen we see images of

Le Chiffre

Dominic Greene

Raoul Silva

and
    Blofeld says

"Three of my former associates. No longer in active service."

Bond replies:

"I persuaded them to retire."

Bond gives the hint of a smile.

Something like that would be a nice way to link SPECTRE (the film) with the previous Craig Bond films. The idea is Craig era Bond has been fighting SPECTRE all along. He just didn't know that.
    Yes I kinda thought of this too, images or something like that of the past villains can be a nice little touch, and it seems like this movie will go for some sort of continuity..so it works
    I don't know if this happens in the film but it would be cool if Blofeld has Bond for dinner and Blofeld acticates a tv display and on the screen we see images of

Le Chiffre

Dominic Greene

Raoul Silva

and
    Blofeld says

Bond replies:

Something like that would be a nice way to link SPECTRE (the film) with the previous Craig Bond films. The idea is Craig era Bond has been fighting SPECTRE all along. He just didn't know that.
    Yes I kinda thought of this too, images or something like that of the past villains can be a nice little touch, and it seems like this movie will go for some sort of continuity..so it works

Le Chiffre

Dominic Greene

Raoul Silva

and
    Blofeld says

Bond replies:

I'm pretty sure they'll show some continuity-bonds within the title-sequence...
    aaron819 wrote: »

Thanks!!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 158
    Just another little gem from John Barry. The man was pure gold. Thanks @bondjames and you're right. Maybe Newman & co ARE listening to the Bond sound after all.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2015 Posts: 7,969
    I've had another thought. What if the reason Blofeld uses the Oberhauser name is because he has been made aware of Bond through his past missions. CR, QoS, SF SPECTRE has watched bond and Blofeld decided he wanted to meet him. But instead of capturing Bond and risking suspicion from MI:6, instead Blofeld decides, using his immense power to find out about bond's past, adopting Oberhauser as a ploy so that Bond will trace him down.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    @TripAces If your post is directed at what I said, I just meant that just like the Moore era went too far in one direction, it's possible to go too far in this direction of Bond's personal life. I have no problem with the 3 Craig films so far or what I've seen in the SP trailer. They've done a great job so far.

No, it wasn't. :)
    HD download uploading right now... how's 361MB sounding for you as opposed to YouTube's measly 50? ;)
    roko wrote: »
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Its the context "You are a "... you are not expecting him to call him a kite. So the brain looks for another word and the pause lets you think he has said something else for a fraction of a second before "dancing in a hurricane comes" and enables you to work out that the word is kite.

I guess people's brains work differently then. And their ears...
    Or minds.
    My brain wasn't guessing words in advance, I just accepted what I heard the guy say.... But then, I'm not a native speaker, what do I know.

I think that's actually the point. I think native speakers will feel more of the brain-guessing-words effect than non-native speakers. I guess it's like with typos - a native speaker can always read a text even if literally every word is spelled incorrectly, because his or her brain corrects the mistakes automatically. But if you are not a native speaker, i.e. if you are missing much of the vocab, you can never be sure that the spelling is incorrect (it could be another word you don't know), so you don't replace words automatically with the correct ones, but take things at face value. Much like "kite" here - it's what's there and so it's what non-native speakers hear, whereas native speakers may (or may not) automatically replace the unexpected word with an expected one that sounds slightly similar.

Not really. You are thinking of non-native speakers whose English is pretty bad - "missing much of the vocab" and all that. That would not be the case at all for people who use English all the time. I read stuff in English and write in English more than in my own language and hear English all the time - tho it's tv or internet or my stereo... movies, news, various kinds of interviews, sports commentary, vocal music - for me - is mostly in English. I'm not surrounded by English-speaking people so I don't get to speak it very often, but other than that... So I wouldn't count myself as a person missing much of the vocab as you put it or being regularly confused by typos etc., nor do I encounter unfamiliar words all the time.

I'm surprised that you consider what some people heard in that sentence would be "an expected" word. Really? That's... interesting, I suppose.

Anyway, my criticism was not so much of people hearing what was not said, whatever their reasons for that might have been, it happens... but that people actually argued that there was something wrong in how the word was delivered, as if it doesn't correct. That I thought was just bs.
    bondjames wrote: »
    The only part of the trailer which I find quite disappointing is Naomi Harris. She is not of the same caliber as the other actors in that teaser and that's quite apparent to me.

She was the only part in it I didn't like, either.
    Naomie does not need to be a great actress, she is sexy and that will do.

Do you feel similarly about men - doesn't matter if they can act, as long as they're sexy? It is actually possible to be both a great actor and be sexy, but people will never unanimously agree on anybody about either thing anyway, of course. It's all opinion.

I think Naomie is merely ok as an actress and I don't find her sexy. The latter part I don't mind, but I'll always rather look at great than merely ok actors - and that goes for both women and men, both leads and supporting. However, I didn't dislike her in SF at all, and she may be fine in SP, I just didn't like her in the teaser.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sorry for the confusion @TripAces :)
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    antovolk wrote: »
    HD download uploading right now... how's 361MB sounding for you as opposed to YouTube's measly 50? ;)

@antovolk Can't wait!!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Where's this gonna be? I wanna get it!

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

Where's this gonna be? I wanna get it!

Same here!
    aaron819 wrote: »

@antovolk Can't wait!!

thank you guys!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    In terms of the direction of Craig's films, I absolutely love how it's very dark, and how as others mentioned a "tortured soul". Film after film of the same thing is pointless. I don't know what people are complaining about this trailer, this trailer is everything a true fan of the character of Bond could ask for.

Anyone else here like the idea of interconnected stories with new actors? A new -rilogy each actor.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I can't believe this is getting compared to the MI5 trailer which is theatrical trailer that need to show more of a hand, this is a teaser I repeat and those who were expecting more obviously don't know the meaning of the word.

Wait till the theatrical trailer drops and we'll see if it competes with Cruise's franchise then. Which I personally have no desire to watch one bit because if I don't see another new Tom Cruise film again it will be too soon.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,081
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I can't believe this is getting compared to the MI5 trailer which is theatrical trailer that need to show more of a hand, this is a teaser I repeat and those who were expecting more obviously don't know the meaning of the word.

Wait till the theatrical trailer drops and we'll see if it competes with Cruise's franchise then. Which I personally have no desire to watch one bit because if I don't see another new Tom Cruise film again it will be too soon.

I take it you're not very fond of Mr Cruise? :)
    But I agree, I don't see why anyone would compare a teaser trailer of one franchise to a theatrical trailer of another. Besides, they're different films and franchises, anyway. And I don't get the whole competition aspect of it all.

• edited March 2015 Posts: 188
    You are thinking of non-native speakers whose English is pretty bad - "missing much of the vocab" and all that. That would not be the case at all for people who use English all the time. I read stuff in English and write in English more than in my own language and hear English all the time - tho it's tv or internet or my stereo... movies, news, various kinds of interviews, sports commentary, vocal music - for me - is mostly in English. I'm not surrounded by English-speaking people so I don't get to speak it very often, but other than that... So I wouldn't count myself as a person missing much of the vocab as you put it or being regularly confused by typos etc., nor do I encounter unfamiliar words all the time.

No, I'm actually not. I've studied linguistics enough to know that even if you are at a near-native level, you are still missing tons of vocab. My English is probably just as good as yours - and yet when I lived in the States I had a hard time describing to the hairdresser what I wanted her to do since that particular vocab had never come up in my English language conversations before.

What I mean is: if you don't constantly hear a language in all kinds of different everyday life situations, you can't really know exactly which phrase would be more common ("idiomatic") than which other phrase. A native speaker has that (subconscious) knowledge, so with every sentence that is spoken, a native speaker's brain will come up with suggestions for how to end the sentence in the most idiomatic way. If you've heard the phrase "You are a c**t" often enough, c**t will be one of the suggestions provided by your brain - one of the maybe 5 words you subconsciously expect to hear after "you are a ...".
    If then the word that does come sound a little similar to one of the suggestions/expected follow-up words, your brain may just autocorrect, like Word or your phone (a bit like typoglycemia, as I mentioned).
    However, if autocorrect doesn't have those suggestions, maybe because there is no pattern installed for the phrase in your brain, then there will be no autocorrect process. And non-native speakers are much more likely to not have heard the phrase "you are a c**t" often enough to have saved it as a pattern on their harddrive/brain. I certainly haven't, and I used to live in the States for a year and speak to native speakers almost every day.
    I'm surprised that you consider what some people heard in that sentence would be "an expected" word. Really? That's... interesting, I suppose.

See above; and I don't know why you would be surprised. People do swear a lot at each other, on TV, in real life, in earnest, in good fun.... Why should this word not be part of some people's subconscious autocorrect patterns?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Do you feel similarly about men - doesn't matter if they can act, as long as they're sexy? It is actually possible to be both a great actor and be sexy, but people will never unanimously agree on anybody about either thing anyway, of course. It's all opinion.

I do, that is why Brosnan is my favourite Bond. ;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2015 Posts: 3,157
    Plus he says 'welcome James, it's been a long time' implying they know each other.

My thoughts as well, but perhaps Blofeld is lying and the "it's been a long time" is all part of his trick. Maybe he took Oberhauser's name to trap Bond and then he's still faking his identity.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164
    And finally...here we are.

https://mega.co.nz/#!V4UlVLrK!Jlc0UuElUVCx0lF3OxgP29asworLmDy-KdC_FOMbyqw

Probably the best quality version of the trailer you can get. Enjoy and let me know how this sounds on your big home cinema setups especially, this is Blu-ray quality HD surround audio and video after all as opposed to the measly stereo of YouTube and press kit... :D

FYI there is one small change courtesy of yours truly...
    One thing is for sure now. "SPECTRE" will only be the 2nd Bond film that will directly refer to a previous Bond film title. In this case "Skyfall".

"From Russia With Love" was obviously the first, directly referring to "Dr. No" ;-).
    Walecs wrote: »
    Plus he says 'welcome James, it's been a long time' implying they know each other.

My thoughts as well, but perhaps Blofeld is lying and the "it's been a long time" is all part of his trick. Maybe he took Oberhauser's name to trap Bond and then he's still faking his identity.

Maybe he really wants James to become part of S.P.E.C.T.R.E., helping the crime syndicate with their villain's scheme. By the way, despite everything we saw so far, we STILL don't know what villainous scheme will be executed in "SPECTRE".
    And finally...here we are.

https://mega.co.nz/#!V4UlVLrK!Jlc0UuElUVCx0lF3OxgP29asworLmDy-KdC_FOMbyqw

Probably the best quality version of the trailer you can get. Enjoy and let me know how this sounds on your big home cinema setups especially, this is Blu-ray quality HD surround audio and video after all as opposed to the measly stereo of YouTube and press kit... :D

thank you! downloading now!
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @antovolk Thanks so much!!!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    @Thingerfinger if Daniels injury doesn't mend there will be little alternative I fear.
    bondjames wrote: »

At least I have Lea & Monica to look forward to - Naomi doesn't quite do it for me - just find her a bit annoying.

The whole feel is of weight, gravitas, fear, apprehension, even horror. NH , for me, is not up to it and, if I had to be really critical of the trailer, she does not carry through with those emotions, she is a little light weight, Perhaps they should have gone with a more mature (or just better ) actress. Too late now
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,081
    @roko, I, too, have studied linguistics (also applied) and various languages, which is surely partly why I find language stuff so interesting. I get what you're saying as a general comment, but I still disagree here, and we can leave it at that. :) It wasn't even my main point anyway, which I was trying to clarify, too.

I do, that is why Brosnan is my favourite Bond. ;)

I see. :)

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    @antolvok Thank you very kindly sir! It looks beautiful enough to make me cry. Also, the text that was previously illegible on the court papers from Skyfall can now be read.

What does
    mean?

@antolvok Thank you very kindly sir! It looks beautiful enough to make me cry. Also, the text that was previously illegible on the court papers from Skyfall can now be read.

What does
    mean?

Take another look at the very end (November date etc) and compare it to all the officially released versions.
    Looking at that photo of bond did he go skiing in like, the 1920s
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I feel like it's just a case of 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' where this big plot twist they were planning was immediately known right from the beginning.

If it is the case, the title certainly didn't help. It might be a Jekyll & Hyde twist: everybody knows about it now.