SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

pachazo wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    the meeting reminding me of Eyes Wide Shut
    It did for me as well. I am enjoying this secret society vibe. I hope it plays out as well in the finished product.

Maybe SPECTRE is like Keyser Soze in The Usual Suspects: a myth/urban legend in the spy world, an entity that has been heard about, but may not exist. it seems to have been going on for quite a while. Anyway, I love to see Mendes taking from Kubrick.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Without the masks it is not as secretive, but still.
    So next up, CinemaCon on April 22....rather appropriately, 7 minutes of footage are planned to be shown.
  • A lot of people are saying the trailer fits the storyline of the leaked script... now I haven´t read the leaked script and I don´t know if this is the right place to ask, but is it true? I just need a simple yes or no.

Either way, I thought the trailer looked pretty epic but I hate it when the hero's personal life is entangled with whatever he's fighting against. With every movie Bond gets more personally involved. It's fine when we get a glimpse of his emotional side (like they did in Goldeneye, for example) but this is getting messy.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,168
    A lot of people are saying the trailer fits the storyline of the leaked script... now I haven´t read the leaked script and I don´t know if this is the right place to ask, but is it true? I just need a simple yes or no.
    Regarding the 1st and 2nd act: Yes! But it's too early into production to tell if the same applies to the 3rd act, which is left to be shot (in Morocco and London).
    Here's my trailer reaction video:

Without the masks it is not as secretive, but still.

True but I guess they couldn't be too blatant and well, circumstances are shall we say different.
  • DannyBoy1994DannyBoy1994 Wales
    Is it me or is Waltz also at the Funeral scene, with his back to Bond?
    For those who wanted a little more leg, this is the first teaser. Discreet, but enough to increase the pulse.

Yes, it looks like it!

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2015 Posts: 8,087
    I don't read spoliers but, you know what would be the greatest twist in cinema history?

Imagine if oberhauser wasn't connected to bond at all, and it was all a ruse to get bond some how.

That would be incredible and could explain why they are pushing the familial connection so strongly. Usually in films the big twist is that two characters are related. After so much hinting, no one would exact the opposite. In this case the twist is that they aren't. Then Blofeld revealed and see you in B25? Just a thought.
    Dave1974 wrote: »
    Here's my trailer reaction video:

That was fun, I like the entusiasm. You should do another in the cinema, come November. Good luck. :)>-
    I don't know if this happens in the film but it would be cool if Blofeld has Bond for dinner and Blofeld acticates a tv display and on the screen we see images of

Le Chiffre

Dominic Greene

Raoul Silva

and
    Blofeld says

"Three of my former associates. No longer in active service."

Bond replies:

"I persuaded them to retire."

Bond gives the hint of a smile.

Something like that would be a nice way to link SPECTRE (the film) with the previous Craig Bond films. The idea is Craig era Bond has been fighting SPECTRE all along. He just didn't know that.
  • RC7RC7
    I don't read spoliers but, you know what would be the greatest twist in cinema history?

Imagine if oberhauser wasn't connected to bond at all, and it was all a ruse to get bond some how.

That would be incredible and could explain why they are pushing the familial connection so strongly. Usually in films the big twist is that two characters are related. After so much hinting, no one would exact the opposite. In this case the twist is that they aren't. Then Blofeld revealed and see you in B25? Just a thought.

That's my theory too.
    Muddyw wrote: »

Yes, it looks like it!

Definitely!
    It will be smarter than that. No offense.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

This is a fantastic idea, and quite a possibility, as Christoph Waltz has continually said that it is much more complicated and creative than him being simply revealed as Blofeld in the end.
    It will be smarter than that. No offense.[/qjuote]

Non taken, you just made my day and without using spoilers. Cheers
    ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It will be smarter than that. No offense.

Even better. ;)
    Don t get me wrong, it will not be overly smart. It is not like Homer or Thunderfinger wrote the script.
    The only thing I didn't like about the trailer or I would assume the movie in general, is that it takes place such a short time after Skyfall. This is one of the things I don't like about sequels, assuming this takes place late 2012 early 2013, yet for example you see cars that are 2015 models.
    Just the reassurance that this is going to be a smart plot with some good twists is enough to temper my nerves. Based on the trailer I thought they were going to rely on arty melodrama again. Something like that could have really killed the film, despite the great cast and crews efforts. PHEW!!!
    :)
    How do you know it takes place just after SF? Maybe they did not clean up the rubble right away?
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,588
    How do you know it takes place just after SF? Maybe they did not clean up the rubble right away?
    Well, aside from MI6 still being in rubble, it seems that Bond had just moved into his flat, and why would forensics wait 3 years to recover the childhood photo from Skyfall?
    When I first watched it last night, I must admit I was underwhelmed. Mainly because it was the opposite of what I had expected it to be. If you look at the model of the past Bond trailers, they are all vaguely similar: You have a mean and moody intro with some dialogue before we lead into the Bond theme and quick cuts of some action sequences before the teaser ends.

The Spectre teaser is a large change of pace and the more I see it the more intrigued and excited I am by it. It's a ballsy move to release such a moody and enigmatic trailer; it's a perfect tease. Plus I defy anyone not to get a goosebumps at Waltz's final line.

Some observations to consider:

- Hoyte Van Hotyema's cinematography is beautiful. It's very reminiscent of his work on Tinker Tailor. Complete with very low lit, dusty, smokey and golden interiors. The film looks to be one of the most atmospheric Bond film to date.

- Craig's performance. While SF was slightly more ensemble based, with Dench being given a significant supporting role, SP looks to be Craig's show. I love the shot of him going through the Skyfall file. His eyes look to be on the cusp of tears. This could be a very interesting and internal scene for Bond.

- Mr White is back! I adore that Christensen is back and as soon as I heard his voice I was immediately thrown back to summer 2008 when he narrated the opening of the QOS trailer. I have so many questions over White's return and can't wait to know more. Why is he so dischevelled? What is Quantum's relationship with SPECTRE? Is White blind now?

- Blofeld! There is little doubt in my mind that Waltz is Blofeld. I love how Mendes has been able to incorporate Blofeld's initial mysterious and anonymous appearances in the Connery films in SP. Firstly, his face is (symbolically) burnt off the photo and at the meeting Blofeld looks entirely to be filmed in silhouette. It's a great little nod to the past as well as a surefire way to build suspense and mystery over the leader of the new incarnation of SPECTRE.

- I love the Eyes Wide Shut feel to the meeting. It's one of my favourite films.

- On a downside, the trailers attempt to tie things to SF are a little strained. Plus Moneypenny's dialogue is embarrassing as is Harris's weak delivery.

Any chance of some screencaps anytime soon?
    jake24 wrote: »
    Well, aside from MI6 still being in rubble, it seems that Bond had just moved into his flat, and why would forensics wait 3 years to recover the childhood photo from Skyfall?

Good points. Maybe SF took place in 2014/15?
    jake24 wrote: »

SP is clearly set only a short time, perhaps a few months, after the events of SF.
    Bond's flat was sold off in SF after his "death" and now he's obviously moved into a new flat but still has yet to fully settle in -- so not much time has passed in terms of the story.
    I have no problem with The MI:6 regulars having a larger part in this film, as long as it's not along side Bond in action/on a mission. Let them have their own little crisis back at MI:6 that can aid Bond indirectly. I think their should be a clear divide, not like the avengers with the camera circling the gang, M roaring and ripping open his shirt...
    When I first watched it last night, I must admit I was underwhelmed. Mainly because it was the opposite of what I had expected it to be. If you look at the model of the past Bond trailers, they are all vaguely similar: You have a mean and moody intro with some dialogue before we lead into the Bond theme and quick cuts of some action sequences before the teaser ends.

The Spectre teaser is a large change of pace and the more I see it the more intrigued and excited I am by it. It's a ballsy move to release such a moody and enigmatic trailer; it's a perfect tease. Plus I defy anyone not to get a goosebumps at Waltz's final line.

Some observations to consider:

- Hoyte Van Hotyema's cinematography is beautiful. It's very reminiscent of his work on Tinker Tailor. Complete with very low lit, dusty, smokey and golden interiors. The film looks to be one of the most atmospheric Bond film to date.

- Craig's performance. While SF was slightly more ensemble based, with Dench being given a significant supporting role, SP looks to be Craig's show. I love the shot of him going through the Skyfall file. His eyes look to be on the cusp of tears. This could be a very interesting and internal scene for Bond.

- Mr White is back! I adore that Christensen is back and as soon as I heard his voice I was immediately thrown back to summer 2008 when he narrated the opening of the QOS trailer. I have so many questions over White's return and can't wait to know more. Why is he so dischevelled? What is Quantum's relationship with SPECTRE? Is White blind now?

- Blofeld! There is little doubt in my mind that Waltz is Blofeld. I love how Mendes has been able to incorporate Blofeld's initial mysterious and anonymous appearances in the Connery films in SP. Firstly, his face is (symbolically) burnt off the photo and at the meeting Blofeld looks entirely to be filmed in silhouette. It's a great little nod to the past as well as a surefire way to build suspense and mystery over the leader of the new incarnation of SPECTRE.

- I love the Eyes Wide Shut feel to the meeting. It's one of my favourite films.

- On a downside, the trailers attempt to tie things to SF are a little strained. Plus Moneypenny's dialogue is embarrassing as is Harris's weak delivery.

Any chance of some screencaps anytime soon?

My gut tells me that line will be cut out of the film. It's implied that Bond doesn't trust anyone. It doesn't have to be said explicitly.

I looked closely to the eyes of Mr. White. They seem normal. It's the lightning which suggest on first hand he looks blind.