Filmmaker and Long-Standing Member of Mi6 needs your help!

edited October 2011 in Fan Creations Posts: 72
Hey folks,

I will admit that it has been sometime since I have visited. Come February I will be a member of Mi6 for eight years. When I was a teen I started making films and things have been looking up. Because of your help I won the Hobo with a Shotgun Faux Trailer contest with my entry Van Gore and it is now on the Hobo DVD and Blu-Ray across the globe. Also, because of that opportunity I was asked to be the director's assistant on Stephen King's Bag of Bones for director Mick Garris, which means I was very lucky to work with Mr. Pierce Brosnan (who was incredibly kind).

Now I am doing my biggest project yet and I need some help with the budget, so I launched an IndieGoGo campaign. Anything you could donate (even a dollar) would greatly help us for equipment rentals, craft services, and renting locations.

Thanks for your time and support over these past years.

http://www.indiegogo.com/ShiftFilm

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Yes, I remember your Van Gore entry ! It was very good ! Of course I will donate something ;-)
  • Thanks, DaltonCraig007. Your support is greatly appreciated.
  • do i go onto your website to make a donation?
  • Please follow the link here:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/ShiftFilm

On the right column you can decide how much you'd like to donate. Every penny counts! Thanks guys.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I wish I could donate something to you - but all I can donate right now is my best wishes for you and your blossoming career - because right now, I am dirt poor.... kind of in the same boat you're in now as well.... just not on that big of a scale yet
    I saw your trailer back in July I think, had no idea I'd run into you here of all places. Great work, was one of my favorites from the beginning. Your living my dream dude.
  • Haserot, your best wishes were all that I can truly ask for. Thank you and I greatly appreciate it.

JWESTBROOK, thanks man, I don't know what to say! I'm happy you liked our trailer. I was always a Bond fan, which a lot of people don't expect when watching that haha
  • It's nice to know that there is another 'film making wannabe' (Or in your case; film making - gonnabe ;o) on this website. And i wish i could help out with donating, but i can't, so sorry, but i also honestly give you the best of luck!
  • Thanks GHOST, much appreciated!
  • tqbtqb
    edited October 2011 Posts: 1,022
    Hey man,
    I'm currently in film school, any suggestions on getting a cool directors assistant job? :) I've done PA stuff on sets but thats about as exciting as that's been, and won a couple small film contests. And congrats!
    and ps maybe we'll both shoot a bond movie someday :p

Let me know if you'd like to chat sometime!
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    I just posted this to our Facebook feed, so you'll have 5,000+ eyeballs on the cause. Hope you manage to raise the budget!
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    I'll gladly donate to the cause. I've got 35 days to decide how much I can scrounge for you, thankfully. :)
  • Wow guys, this outpouring is very, very touching. Thanks JamesPage and Nick!

And tqb, just keep working on your own films for awhile, focus on your own craft and keep making films that challenge you. If you've never done a fight scene, write a whole short that features a fight scene. If you've never shot with all natural light, give that a go, and on and on. Every film should be a challenge or you'll learn nothing. You'll learn tips from school, but you'll learn the most by going out there and continuing to make films.

Keep an eye out for what films are shooting in your area, try to talk to the production coordinator and express your enthusiasm to them and they'll definitely take you on - don't expect to be paid.

I was very lucky I got to work on Bag of Bones, and it was because the Hobo with a Shotgun producer recommended me. I was definitely lucky and I was more so lucky to get to meet my idol (Pierce) - oh the stories I could tell!

But luck will only come with effort, so get out there and bust your balls or someone else will break them and it'll all have been for nothing. Only you should have control of your balls haha
  • tqbtqb
    Wow guys, this outpouring is very, very touching. Thanks JamesPage and Nick!

And tqb, just keep working on your own films for awhile, focus on your own craft and keep making films that challenge you. If you've never done a fight scene, write a whole short that features a fight scene. If you've never shot with all natural light, give that a go, and on and on. Every film should be a challenge or you'll learn nothing. You'll learn tips from school, but you'll learn the most by going out there and continuing to make films.

Keep an eye out for what films are shooting in your area, try to talk to the production coordinator and express your enthusiasm to them and they'll definitely take you on - don't expect to be paid.

I was very lucky I got to work on Bag of Bones, and it was because the Hobo with a Shotgun producer recommended me. I was definitely lucky and I was more so lucky to get to meet my idol (Pierce) - oh the stories I could tell!

But luck will only come with effort, so get out there and bust your balls or someone else will break them and it'll all have been for nothing. Only you should have control of your balls haha
    how did you get work w/ hobo on a shotgun? and did pierce give you any Bond advice? :)
  • I didn't work on Hobo with a Shotgun, I did a fake trailer that was put on their DVD/Blu-Ray. Pierce had a lot of wise words, a statement that he shared with me was "Nothing comes from nothing".
  • We're halfway there guys! Please keep spreading the word and if you have any pocket change your donations and support are greatly appreciated.
  • Hey guys, we're getting there, but it's starting to get a bit slow! If you were thinking of donating, now is the time! Thanks for all your kind words and support!
    http://igg.me/p/47994?i=shlk