And On That Bombshell The Grand Tour is with us what do you think ?.

MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
edited November 2016 in General Movies & TV Posts: 3,144
So now that Top Gear is off the air what are people going to watch instead
I'm going to be working my way through the 50th Blue Ray box set but only the extra content thats on each disc
As I'm saving the main films to rewatch in the run up to SP later this year
What About You ?.

Comments

Didn't even bother with the TV! The sooner they get JC back the better! If they sack him? I bet RH and JM will also leave too completely killing off TopGear for good.

Another brilliant decision from the idiotic BBC, as I discover they have already axed yet another fledgling drama in Atlantis which I quite liked, especially with its darker take during the second series. Just liked they did with Ripper Street.

Axe the licence fee I say as they clearly do not know how to spend it? Highlighted by the guff they call shows and entertainment on BBC3 and BBC4. :-q
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    B bring
    B back
    C clarkson
    Do you think the beeb will run the risk of sacking him ?.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Top Gear is one of my favourite shows, if the team is changed or Clarkson
    Goes. I'll have to just get along with the repeats on Dave. :)) in fact what's
    Dave going to do for programmes if they stop making Top Gear ? :D it must
    Fill up 75% of their schedule.
    I'm also one of those who signed the petition to get Clarkson back. On BBC
    Radio 4 " any questions" Phil Redmond said as a producer he had to pull actors
    Apart ( fighting over the littlest things ) but they used to be never mentioned, it
    Was all part of short tempers after a long day. Happened on many shows he worked on and always over car parking or catering ! ;)

• They'd have to be very brave or VERY VERY stupid to sack Clarkson. mind you JC has had a rough few years His mum died,his wife apparently left him and he's had health issues. also BBC controller Danny Cohen is actively trying to get him sacked.The BBC cant be a pleasant working environment for him, i wouldn't blame him if he invited the beeb to kiss both his arse cheeks and go to channel 4 or wherever and if he does i bet Hammond and May will go with him which will make the BBC look even more stupid.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Mrcoggins wrote: »

I hope so.

Something that isn't Top Gear. Same as if this recent incident had not happened. I have been watching Top Gear since just before the 2002 revamp, and continued watching it until about 2-3 years ago. Eventually the attempts at being funny just grew tiresome. How many times do we need to see Clarkson and/or Hammond, while driving, "accidentally" crash into May?

Bottom line, get rid of Clarkson, and re-revamp the show. If the show is given a shake up, and you know... gets back to being about cars, and not light entertainment, I might start watching again.
    I think SKY have been trying to get both Him and the others to
    Host a motoring programme for years. I'm sure SKY want a piece
    Of the huge sales Top Gear brings in.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Top Gear is one of my favourite shows, if the team is changed or Clarkson
    Goes. I'll have to just get along with the repeats on Dave. :)) in fact what's
    Dave going to do for programmes if they stop making Top Gear ? :D it must
    Fill up 75% of their schedule.
    I'm also one of those who signed the petition to get Clarkson back. On BBC
    Radio 4 " any questions" Phil Redmond said as a producer he had to pull actors
    Apart ( fighting over the littlest things ) but they used to be never mentioned, it
    Was all part of short tempers after a long day. Happened on many shows he worked on and always over car parking or catering ! ;)

Can I ask how you feel about signing a petition where not all the facts are known? I mean, if he really did punch a man then I feel the BBC has every right to suspend him. If I punched a work colleague I would expect to get fired, tbh!

I don't feel that the fact this these are telly people makes any difference. It is WRONG to hit your co-workers and looking at the comments of those who signed the petition it seems the vast majority them are forgetting this important aspect.

Now, this is not me saying that he definitely hit that producer. Like I said we do not know the facts right now. But I am uncomfortable that so many people have signed a petition that effectively states that BBC presenters should go unpunished for their behind the scenes behaviour.

Which doesn’t exactly have the best history.
    Different social class I guess, I'm working class scum. So have seen many
    Work mates ( we don't have colleagues ) punch each other, and afterwards
    Shake hands and move on. I guess I thought that's what men do ? Maybe I'm
    Wrong.
  • Mrcoggins wrote: »

I hope so.

Something that isn't Top Gear. Same as if this recent incident had not happened. I have been watching Top Gear since just before the 2002 revamp, and continued watching it until about 2-3 years ago. Eventually the attempts at being funny just grew tiresome. How many times do we need to see Clarkson and/or Hammond, while driving, "accidentally" crash into May?

Bottom line, get rid of Clarkson, and re-revamp the show. If the show is given a shake up, and you know... gets back to being about cars, and not light entertainment, I might start watching again.

Want a TG style show without Jezza? you might want to have a look at Fifth Gear which is ALOT better than it used to be but i think there is room and an audience for both shows.
    On the subject of the" Punch" as they were probably two public school boys
    A slap, may be more accurate, like the fight between Hugh Grant and Colin
    Firth in Bridget Jones diary. :)) Rather than the fight to the death between
    Jason Statham and liam Neeson, some seem to think it was. :))
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    939,479 people have signed the online petition so far - That's one of the most popular petitions on Change.org, and it's only been a week.
  • apparently Jeremy described it as 'handbags and pushing' so id imagine it was a bit like this.
    Well, if I used physical violence on a colleague, I would get suspended without pay. I've seen it happening to a few colleagues of mine. As I'm far from getting the paycheck Jeremy Clarkson has, that's not something I would do.

And speaking of Top Gear :

Some say he can run faster than a Camembert and is as smooth as a Beaujolais Nouveau. All we know is it's the French Stig, and he starts this Wednesday on RMC Découverte. Yes, the french version of Top Gear is (almost) there :

And guess what they'll be using as a reasonably priced car ?

A Dacia Sandero. And one of the first to try it will be former Prime Minister François Fillon. Was there a Prime Minister on the original Top Gear ?
  • Gerard wrote: »
    Well, if I used physical violence on a colleague, I would get suspended without pay. I've seen it happening to a few colleagues of mine. As I'm far from getting the paycheck Jeremy Clarkson has, that's not something I would do.

Some say he can run faster than a Camembert and is as smooth as a Beaujolais Nouveau. All we know is it's the French Stig, and he starts this Wednesday on RMC Découverte. Yes, the french version of Top Gear is (almost) there :

A Dacia Sandero. And one of the first to try it will be former Prime Minister François Fillon. Was there a Prime Minister on the original Top Gear ?
    No.but a few politicians have been on it .
    Gerard wrote: »

No the closest we got to a Prime Minister was John Prescott =))
    Having watched the trailer it would seem that French Top Gear are going to treat the Matra Rancho in much the same way as the boys this side of the Chanel treat Morris Marinas.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Having watched the trailer it would seem that French Top Gear are going to treat the Matra Rancho in much the same way as the boys this side of the Chanel treat Morris Marinas.

Nope. It was part of a challenge : which of the three cars they had would start after a fall. None did.

Oh, and BTW, guess how they named the roundest curve on their track ? The Clarkson. Not sure Jeremy will like the tribute.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Clarkson got what he really wanted. Makes for a better story than just announcing his intent to quit.

At a charity event, he semed to be certain that the BBC would be sacking him.
    If they sack him? I bet Hammond and May say that's enough of Top Gear for them too! And I for one would not blame them!
    Yes, apparently they were asked to do the last few shows without Clarkson and
    Refused.
    All three presenters have their contracts due for the end of this month
    So it's time to play wait and see what this week will bring.
    True, but I'd say SKY will have a new motoring show for the summer. ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    More trivia than anything but on BBC America we get Top Gear on Monday... well actually we get repeats every freakin' night ..but the new series/season is on Mondays.

Anyway we somehow missed out on all the drama..

:-/
    Well that's it Clarkson's out !
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 13,882
    I want to nominate Alan Partridge (not Steve, Alan), as the new host. There would be more Rover plugs than you could shake a torque wrench at.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    roundest curve on their track ? The Clarkson.

=))

I've watched a handful of Top Gear episodes. Some were pretty amusing, others pretty boring. All seemed pretty similar.
    Clarkson out! This equals me never bothering with Top Gear again then! I hope May and Hammond say no more now too.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Concur :-q