Rumour: Great Wall of China motorcycle chase to feature in Bond 23

124»

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Well it seems the MTV crowd as taken over the forums, and the only thing that's on people's mind are : action scenes, chase scenes... Seriously, whenever someone comes up with a new location, it's for a chase scene... I am sick and tired that location scouting is now limited to 'what chase scene can we put here'. Seriously, are we wanting Bond films, or simple wall-to-wall action films ? Why bother going to China, a first-timer location in the franchise, if its only there for more action scenes ? China is a huge country, big history, so why can't the discussion be 'What plot can we use' instead of 'What action scene can we put here' ? The discussions would be much more interesting if were saying 'Ok, B23 is going to China, what plot can they use ?'... Yes shadowonthesun, why don't you restart your very interesting plots you used to write, and come up with an interesting and original way to incorporate China into the plot, instead of wondering what action scene can we put there, as if you won't be able to keep your attention focus if there's no action scene every 5 minutes.
    Damn. I was hoping you were about to go on a "What the hell is in the Azores!?" rant. I had the perfect answer.

I do, however, have a plot idea that would indeed involve China. I write it up shortly.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Looking forward to reading it. ;-)

This would enlighten the discussions of the level of 13 years old kids we are having, focusing on ACTION SCENES instead of PLOT. I don't want another QOS, so please focus on PLOT first instead of action scenes left and right... The discussions surounding potential locations, China, S. Africa, India, we are having on these forums would be more interesting if members had ideas for plots instead of chase scenes.
    Alright, noted shadowonthesun !!
    Okay, it's up.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DRINKING GAME!!! Take a shot every time DC compares Bond and Bourne and predicts Bond 23's failure. Wow, I'm canned already!
    Your canned Brady i just died from alcohol poisoning ;)
    DRINKING GAME!!! Take a shot every time DC compares Bond and Bourne and predicts Bond 23's failure. Wow, I'm canned already!
    LOL. Theres a DC on every internet forum. He cant quite get his head around that the films arent being made just for him - but for everybody.
    He cant quite get his head around that the films arent being made just for him - but for everybody.
    Erm, the films aren't made for you at all... Honestly, keep your juvenile mocking and judgment to yourself. They just don't interest me, sorry. I will waste no more time with your 'insults'. I don't come here for that.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    LOL. Theres a DC on every internet forum. He cant quite get his head around that the films arent being made just for him - but for everybody.
    Gentlemen I should warn you. Such provocations serve no purpose in this or any other thread and only create unwanted turmoil. When disagreeing with another member's opinion, please collect reasonable arguments and resort to proper debate. Personal attacks are at all times out of the question. Furthermore, in case you develop issues with another member that you feel cannot be resolved by means of polite and adult discussion, please contact the mod team and state your complaints. We shall then consider the gravitas of the conflict(s) and work out the required steps to settle the matter. Under no circumstances, however, do we allow sour bickering in public. No matter who tricked who into the fight, the one(s) who drew first blood are most likely to be held responsible. Thank you.
    i am curious what plot would include China South Africa and India
    We don't even know if South Africa and India are in the film. We know there is shooting taking place in India because the studios have been booked. We suspect shooting will take place in South Africa because Mendes or Wilson (or both) let slip. But there is no evidence that shooting will take place in China aside from this rumour. It's notoriously difficult to get shooting permits for China - the original plan for TOMORROW NEVER DIES had all the Saigon scenes taking place in Shanghai, but the Chinese government refused because the film made China look bad. The scenes were then relocated to Saigon, but the Vietnamese officals revoked permission at the last minute because they were dependent upon China as a trading partner and didn't want to upset Beijing.
    well in a few months we'll know much more Shadow
    Bond visiting Shanghai?

When Time Out spoke to Craig in late September, he told us too that the production would also definitely be visiting Shanghai in China.

Source: http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/1738/10-things-we-know-about-bond-23#.TrGALIRYerc.twitter
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    There we go then! I look forward to seeing what China brings. Not sure about this motorcycle chase though.

Thanks @PanchitoPistoles!
    So confirmed thus far

London Scotland China and Istanbul that is pretty cool.
    So confirmed thus far

London Scotland China and Istanbul that is pretty cool.
    and South Africa.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Locations sound great! Hope there is a good plot interconnecting them. Not just something like they are all Properties of a Lady carrying a Hildebrand Rarity and Bond chases her from country to country while trying not to become Dazed and Confused by a double agent named Risico. #-O
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Locations sound great! Hope there is a good plot interconnecting them. Not just something like they are all Properties of a Lady carrying a Hildebrand Rarity and Bond chases her from country to country while trying not to become Dazed and Confused by a double agent named Risico. #-O
    Well, that actually sounds interesting :-? We've seen worst storylines before.
    looking forward to seeing how it all connects
  • shanghai definitely will be so epic. MI3, transformers 2 all show off shanghai's night scenery