SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

I'm just eager to see what Hoyte's photography will look like. I'm very surprised they are releasing this so early. I imagine it has something to do with the huge amount of competition this year and SP needs to plant it's flag in the ground and piss out it's territory.

Apparently the trailer is being attached to 'Furious 7' which is a contender to tip over the million dollar mark. The only puzzling thing is that filming is only around 50% done. So there will be a lot of stuff left out. Obviously Mexico won't feature as they haven't even started there yet and I highly doubt Mendes will even let them have anything from the third act so to my estimation I'd imagine the trailer will focus exclusively on Austrian plane sequence and the Rome car chase. With obligatory money shots of Craig in action and Seydoux and Bellucci smouldering. No Waltz - I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't feature in any marketing material.

Some of Hoyte's recent work from 'Interstellar' to wet your appetites

11553_2_large.jpg
    11553_6_large.jpg
    11553_10_large.jpg
    11553_16_large.jpg
    11553_17_large.jpg
    11553_20_large.jpg
    11553_30_large.jpg
    11553_33_large.jpg
    11553_34_large.jpg
    11553_37_large.jpg
    interstellar14956.jpg
    interstellar24216.jpg
    interstellar10912.jpg

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    They could not have chosen a better cinematographer to take over the helm. Beautiful shots.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Germanlady wrote: »
    So it has to do with the leaks, but still - I am like ??? now What have the leaks to do with the teaser? But if you wanna be silent, I accept that, of course.

It will be good whatever happens, it's Mendes
    =D>
    I would not be surprised at all if most of the trailer were made up of footage from CR, QOS and SF... especially since this will be a very early teaser.

?? How would they be able to call that a trailer? I think, this is a weird idea. They got enough footage to fill the thing. Old stuff would have a negative effect plus I have never heard anybody do that. This would be a fanmade trailer.

Can't imagine a dumber idea than showing old footage. Like the fan base is so primed for a teaser of old QOS material, just panting for it. Or old CR or SF scenes everyone has seen 10 times already. It would be a total turn off, an anti-teaser. The competition that Spectre will be facing is a killer, and they better have a sharply made teaser with new material, or they will be blasted. Spectre has already had enough bad press for 3 films. Huge budget, studio suits snipping about everything in the leaks, injuries, Mexican "scandal," and on and on. Can't believe they'd be that stupid to tease with old footage.

• So now theres a date stating the trailer will be live on the 27th instead. To me, Im still on the fence as to whether its going to happen. But Friday seems a better day to release a trailer for some reason, rather than weekend. Still, it just seems far too early since they begun filming for a teaser. And when they do teasers, they usually have quite a bit of footage from the film. Where only in end of march and they begun in December I think. ?
    Its only 1 min something. They have London, Austria, Rome. And that is not enough? Come on ;)
  • RC7RC7
    Plenty of material for a teaser. There will be extensive soundstage footage from Pinewood, as well as the location stuff we've been privy to.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I would have been more than enough footage for a trailer, granted it's early but big films have much more trailers these days, we might even get another 2 after this.

Possibly another IMAX trailer?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,586
    I don't think I'm opposed to having some old footage in the trailer, just as long as most of the trailer is from SPECTRE footage. I would hate to see Bond having flashbacks in the film itself, but perhaps for the trailer's sake, maybe they include flashbacks from all three previous DC entries to give the viewers some background knowledge of what's about to come in the rest of the trailer that is made up of spectre footage.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164
    I can bet you guys anything music won't be Newman.

It will be Pfeifer Frankfort who did all the cues for the Craig-era trailers so far including Skyfall. They seem to have a MASSIVE Bond trailer music library built up since CR.

And someone at ajb who's seen the trailer said it's all new footage, and they've been right on the money on it being around 1 min 30.

And like I've said before, with the early start a 3 (4 if they do IMAX again) trailer campaign is a lock :D first now, second at SDCC, final sometime late Sept/early Oct.
    Someone has seen it? How so? Did he say, what is his position?

See link in first post
    smitty wrote: »
    I would not be surprised at all if most of the trailer were made up of footage from CR, QOS and SF... especially since this will be a very early teaser.

?? How would they be able to call that a trailer? I think, this is a weird idea. They got enough footage to fill the thing. Old stuff would have a negative effect plus I have never heard anybody do that. This would be a fanmade trailer.

Can't imagine a dumber idea than showing old footage. Like the fan base is so primed for a teaser of old QOS material, just panting for it. Or old CR or SF scenes everyone has seen 10 times already. It would be a total turn off, an anti-teaser. The competition that Spectre will be facing is a killer, and they better have a sharply made teaser with new material, or they will be blasted. Spectre has already had enough bad press for 3 films. Huge budget, studio suits snipping about everything in the leaks, injuries, Mexican "scandal," and on and on. Can't believe they'd be that stupid to tease with old footage.

Not a fan of the idea either but funny this is posted just after the last Hunger Games releases a teaser that's exactly that. Hell, no footage, just the animated logos from all 4 films ending with a sound bite from the new one.

Then again they're purposefully limiting it (showing with Insurgent, not calling it a teaser necessarily) because it's clearly aimed at the fan base who will flail over anything :D real teaser trailer for that film will come with Avengers.

Also, TDK first teaser anyone? And funnily enough I may be working on a SPECTRE version ;)

TL;DR something like that would have worked in December ;)
    antovolk wrote: »

See link in first post
    Which first post? Yours? How many pages back? Can't you just post it again?

See link in first post
    Very first post on this thread ;) it's only 3 pages back...I put it there for a reason lol
    The trailer is being released on London time I presume?
    jake24 wrote: »

Correct. Aaron says 10am GMT
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.

See link in first post
    Very first post on this thread ;) it's only 3 pages back...I put it there for a reason lol
    I don't believe that guy has seen the trailer. He says nothing that proves he has seen it.

There's nothing better than waking up in the middle of the night to watch a Bond trailer. In all seriousness. ;)
    JWPepper wrote: »

See link in first post
    I don't believe that guy has seen the trailer. He says nothing that proves he has seen it.

Well, he wouldn't be allowed to. We will see for ourselves soon enough.

I have come to the conclusion that next weekend will not come soon enough! :))

There's nothing better than waking up in the middle of the night to watch a Bond trailer. In all seriousness. ;)

Amen! 6am here!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Even ten in the morning seems a bit early for me . ;)
    11 am for Germany is pretty decent :D
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Even ten in the morning seems a bit early for me . ;)

11 in the morning, and I have the day off... Couldn't be better.
    I'll be working, but it allows me to watch anyway :))
  • The more I think about it, there's a great chance of this trailer happening next week. I was expecting a trailer by May, like with skyfall, but where nearly in April, so I suppose it's not too early to have a teaser trailer. Just hope all this excitement pays off and with something satisfying, without spoiling things.
    And someone at ajb who's seen the trailer said it's all new footage,

I'm very pleased to hear that. As I wrote earlier, I was afraid most of the trailer would be just old footage.
  • who as seen the trailer and whats ajb please
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,586
    who as seen the trailer and whats ajb please

Ajb is Absolutely James Bond, a James Bond fansite. Someone on their forum stated that he has seen the trailer.
    I will be working too, could watch it on the phone? Not going too though, will wait until I get home from work, It will help calm me before I go into the dentist for a check up. Hopefully he won't slip me a cyanide pill and turn me into Silva!!! ;))