The Eurovision Song Contest Thread

Comments

it's back and it's crazy. can't wait.

^
    He/she will win the whole competition. Why?
    Because he/she can sing and he/she is a gender neutral transexual. Lordi only won because they were different. Not because the song was any good. I also remember that some shemale won the competition some years ago.

Sooo predictable. And no... I don't have any problem against transexuals.
    she won't win it - there are some good tunes this year - can't wait.

enjoy the madness.
    Not sure if I can sit through Eurovision this year, but my wife wants to watch it.
    SharkBait wrote:
    ^
    He/she will win the whole competition. Why?
    Because he/she can sing and he/she is a gender neutral transexual. Lordi only won because they were different. Not because the song was any good. I also remember that some shemale won the competition some years ago.

Sooo predictable. And no... I don't have any problem against transexuals.

lol what shemale ?

I personally like Austria's song and I wouldn't be surprised if Austria won.
    This year doesn't have too much good songs tbh :/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Every year there are one or two songs that are not too bad, while the rest are laughable. The Austriansvestite is among the latter category.

I always watch this with my son. Will vote for The Netherlands and Armenia this year.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I confess we are hosting a Eurovision viewing party for 6 friends plus my wife and stepdaughter. It's absolute crap, but it's such fun!
    I really fancy the Romanian effort - nice song and even nicer assets. Gives the Polish entry a run for their money.

But the winners will be the trampoline boys - the youff vote will go with them.

Come on Romania.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 2,782
    wow - what a good year for songs.

the dutch, the brits, the Romanians, the greeks, the danish...

i'd give it to the dutch - what a song.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2014 Posts: 4,416
    What a shame there going something wrong with love flag of Denmark, what made we don't get the camera from above as begin of Dutch act like Thuesday. Also influecence the reast of the act. Whyle i must say there be again some audio problems since the 9th song or so. Some acts who previous thuesay or thursday are worse are better now and the other way around. Personaly i like Iceland a lot and Norway sound better then last Thursday. I whas a bit suprised Portugal don't stay in the final. Insteed we get Sanmarino with ''mabey''. The unpexted surprise will be Italy i think.
    voting ending soon.

sound probs didn't help the brits - that song was quite good.

come on the dutch.
    It is absolute dross really though. Fair play to everyone who does love it? But alas i am not one of them.
    not dross - very good this year. give it a chance fella - quality viewing.

the brits are getting a bashing - good song but no one likes us.
    It says something about the UK when even Russia scores way more points than us!!
    It says something about the UK when even Russia scores way more points than us!!

ha ha ha.

the bearded one is winning so far because of the beard....the dutch should win if there is any justice in the Europe tonight.

238!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Points. 2th place!!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A good winner this year. Strange act, though.
    Absolutely disgraceful the way the morons in the audience booed at Russia at every opportunity. Shame on them.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,727
    wow - what a good year for songs.

the dutch, the brits, the Romanians, the greeks, the danish...

i'd give it to the dutch - what a song.

Agreed. And what a gorgeous blonde the Dutch sent this year =D>
    (Ridiculous amount of beautiful women in the lowlands by the way, I lived there for 4 years and lordi do they make 'mooie meiden' in Nederland...)

By the way: Conchita Wurst for the next Bond theme anybody...? :D :D :D
    edited May 2014 Posts: 4,416
    Spanish girl i should consider as Bondgirl. Feels a bit she rush her act a bit and look a litle bit mad. Close to be the Spanish Vesper :bz

Absolutely disgraceful the way the morons in the audience booed at Russia at every opportunity. Shame on them.

Blame it on Putin and his politics, not a popular time to be Russian. And no way in hell were all the countries going to give Putin and his cronies walk away with a another feather in his cap.
    I am sure Putin can take it, not so sure about those teenage girls.

Be the same at the World Cup pal too! X_X
    I am sure Putin can take it, not so sure about those teenage girls.

Participating in the Eurovison should set you up for some misery, and after some days in COpenhagen these teenage girls must have noticed how the world is currently looking at Russia. They will have learned something namely that not everybody or everything is Putins Playthingie. Heck even his closer "allies" did not really vote for him as they usually tend to do.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,500
    By far the best tune played in the Eurovision 2014, was this one:

So technically France and composer Marc-Andre Charpentier should have won...
  • We can have lengthy discussions about the campness of the Eurovision Song Contest. And I know many people generalize the songs of Eurovision as "typical Eurovision music", without actually listening and watching them. But in all honesty some of the entries could do perfectly in the charts if there wasn't a Eurovison tag attached to it. And they could perhaps do well within the indie music scene as well.

I think that especially the last 5 to 6 years Eurovision has improved a lot. Perhaps because of the re-introduction of juries, but also because songs on the whole have improved quite a bit. Andddd, this year Eurovision is expanding, because Australia will participate for the very first time :-).

So first, a few examples from recent years. And I kindly ask you to judge below entries and rank them. What is your TOP 5 from below list of 14 entries (2009 - present):

01 - Iceland 2009: silver medal (from 42 participating countries):

02 - Estonia 2009, 6th place (from 42 participating countries):

03 - Germany 2010, gold medal (from 39 participating countries):

04 - Belgium 2010, 6th place (from 39 participating countries):

05 - Italy 2011, silver medal (from 43 participating countries):

06 - Germany 2011, 10th place (from 43 participating countries):

07 - Sweden 2012, gold medal (from 42 participating countries):

08 - Italy 2012, 9th place (from 42 participating countries): *a nice bit of Bond vibe ;-)*

09 - The Netherlands 2013, 9th place (from 39 participating countries):

10 - Hungary 2013, 10th place (from 39 participating countries):

11 - Austria 2014, gold medal (from 37 participating countries): *and another bit of Bond vibe ;-)*

12 - The Netherlands 2014, silver medal (from 37 participating countries):

13 - Latvia 2015, *placing to be decided in May* (39 participating countries):

14 - Estonia 2015, *placing to be decided in May* (39 participating countries):
    There is already a Eurovision thread around somewhere.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 4,416
    Quistion is or The Netherlands can better have send Anouk & Douwe Bob, then Trijntje Oosterhuis (Total Touch).

Of course biggest problem always be Live connection, some songs sound very disapointed when there are Live. When Anouk sings Birds on Saturday there are also problems with the camera, in my opnion on that Thuesday sound and looks much better. Last year the camera whas amazing.
  • There is already a Eurovision thread around somewhere.

Guys, I searched a long time for this "old" topic, before I decided to make this one. How on Earth should I find this, if it's hidden somewhere on page 87 of this forum?? And please, before looking for another topic, also have a look at the differences. This topic has a poll attached. It took me like 20 mins to create this topic, so please take that into account as well.

Let's keep this topic open OK? I am curious for some nice comments.