SPECTRE UK RELEASE DATE

Comments

• Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    Sark wrote: »
    How much more confirmed than an email from the official 007 fb page can you get?
    true, lol! How bout all official sources giving the same date?

How much more confirmed than an email from the official 007 fb page can you get?

apparently, as much as it's needed so something like this doesnt come up http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43529
    (newest issue of Empire mag, where Oct 23 pops up again)
    nikos78 wrote: »

apparently, as much as it's needed so something like this doesnt come up http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43529
    (newest issue of Empire mag, where Oct 23 pops up again)

They've made quite a big thing of the date:-
    So with "October 23, 2015" the all-important release date circled (with a thick black pen) in every 007 fan's calendar
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    http://www.007.com/bond-returns-in-spectre/

Im willing to go banco on what it says on the official websites/facebook pages over what Empire says in a blurb.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 150
    You're most probably right Sark, but I think the discussion now is shifting from what's the right date to how on earth has such a mix up has come to take such unprecedented proportions for the history of the series. Film release dates are huge priority for a blockbuster, they're the first thing to be announced about them exactly because studios want them imprinted on people's minds, and their shift is a piece of news in itself (e.g. the recent M:I change). Empire magazine is not just a publication. It's the biggest selling film magazine in the UK and their piece emphasizes the date with such conviction as to indicate that they haven't heard anything about a change. Wouldn't you think they would have, when they were preparing their first Bond tribute of the year, in collaboration with the SPECTRE PR machine? Personally, I feel an official statement is needed to clear things up.
    It's a strange one, because Empire Magazine is a highly respected film magazine, and has worked closely with Eon for many years, often (like with SPECTRE) getting exclusive details, on set photos and interviews, cover photos and previously unreleased information from official sources, yet they're still showing what is presumably the wrong date in there latest release and on a recently published on-line article.

The date on 007.com isn't location specific - so it could be relating to the US market, have they actually released a statement that specifically states the UK release date has been pushed back?

Also, the Facebook reply - it's pretty strong evidence for the November release and I think that's the best we have to go so far, until the individual locations release dates are announced.

Remember, no film is released universally on the same day. places like China and Australia usually release a few weeks later for example.
    I would think Empire is just going off the original announcement and didn't see if it was changed or not. I mean, why would they, there has been no official announcement to say if the date has been changed. As I've said before, I'm hoping we all get a Nov 6 release. The facebook message certainly seems to point to that, but Empire having the Oct date does concern me
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited February 2015 Posts: 3,277
    So I've found this on Twitter:

SPECTRE - RELEASE DATES

UK 23 October 2015
    Ireland 23 October 2015
    Brazil 29 October 2015
    Sweden 4 November 2015
    Germany 5 November 2015
    Iraq 5 November 2015
    Singapore 5 November 2015
    Belgium 6 November 2015
    Canada 6 November 2015
    Denmark 6 November 2015
    Spain 6 November 2015
    Croatia 6 November 2015
    India 6 November 2015
    Iceland 6 November 2015
    Italy 6 November 2015
    Kazakhstan 6 November 2015
    Malaysia 6 November 2015
    Netherlands 6 November 2015
    Norway 6 November 2015
    Romania 6 November 2015
    Russia 6 November 2015
    Ukraine 6 November 2015
    USA 6 November 2015
    France 11 November 2015
    Estonia 12 November 2015
    Lithuania 12 November 2015

LINK:
    http://www.viva-press.com/release-dates/spectre-release-dates/

About VIVA PRESS: Viva Press Agency supplies movie star interviews and features to hundreds of magazines, newspapers and digital outlets worldwide. We retain professional journalists based in New York, Los Angeles and London who have years of experience and file face-to-face interviews usually within 48 hours of them taking place.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    So I've found this on Twitter:

SPECTRE - RELEASE DATES

UK 23 October 2015
    Ireland 23 October 2015
    Brazil 29 October 2015
    Sweden 4 November 2015
    Germany 5 November 2015
    Iraq 5 November 2015
    Singapore 5 November 2015
    Belgium 6 November 2015
    Canada 6 November 2015
    Denmark 6 November 2015
    Spain 6 November 2015
    Croatia 6 November 2015
    India 6 November 2015
    Iceland 6 November 2015
    Italy 6 November 2015
    Kazakhstan 6 November 2015
    Malaysia 6 November 2015
    Netherlands 6 November 2015
    Norway 6 November 2015
    Romania 6 November 2015
    Russia 6 November 2015
    Ukraine 6 November 2015
    USA 6 November 2015
    France 11 November 2015
    Estonia 12 November 2015
    Lithuania 12 November 2015

LINK:
    http://www.viva-press.com/release-dates/spectre-release-dates/

About VIVA PRESS: Viva Press Agency supplies movie star interviews and features to hundreds of magazines, newspapers and digital outlets worldwide. We retain professional journalists based in New York, Los Angeles and London who have years of experience and file face-to-face interviews usually within 48 hours of them taking place.

Thanks, @marketto007

I think they're the same dates as the IMDb release information:- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt
    Well...goodbye internet for two weeks this year
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,552
    The Empire article has a lot of input from Babs and MGW, including unreleased information - Wouldn't Eon and Empire have ensured the information (ie Release date) were correct?
    thanks marketto007, great find!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    JCRendle wrote: »
    The Empire article has a lot of input from Babs and MGW, including unreleased information - Wouldn't Eon and Empire have ensured the information (ie Release date) were correct?

The April issue should clear up any doubt about the release date- or is that the one you're referring to?

When I'll get mine I'll update the thread :D

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Since when do films get released in Brazil before the US?

The April issue should clear up any doubt about the release date- or is that the one you're referring to?

That's what I'm referring to. I have the copy in my hands, and the date included is October 23rd.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 7,518

That's what I'm referring to. I have the copy in my hands, and the date included is October 23rd.

You have April's already? :(( :(( lol

Do you subscribe or did you find it on a newstand?
    Picked it up from Tescos (British supermarket) this morning whilst doing my weekly shop.
    @marketto007

Over the years, you've proven yourself more than trustworthy, but should we disregard the Facebook message @nikos78 received?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    @bondbat007 Thanks for the kind words. Well, the official Twitter and Facebook accounts of "James Bond 007" are managed by a publicity agency outside EON. I know this because they (the accounts both FB and TT) have been in contact with me a couple of times. So, having said that, I'm not sure if they really know the real date eigther. ;)
    The Twitter and Empire evidence is building an extremely strong case for October 23rd, I think. I'd put my money on that being the date.

Especially given what @marketto007's revealed to us.
    Thank you @marketto007. Boy, what a mystery we have here. Hopefully the teaser trailer you said we will get next month will clear things up
  • Thanks a lot @marketto007
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Hmm, 007.com are pushing the November 6th to the front.
    SPECTRE is set for global release on 6 November, 2015.

There is the globe, and there are the British Isles... :bz

tumblr_nkea62WQ6Z1rv0z1no1_540.jpg

=)) Something like that...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

tumblr_nkea62WQ6Z1rv0z1no1_540.jpg

=)) :))
    I am going to assume it is also November 6th for the UK too, but should it turn out to be October 23? Bonus!!!! \m/
    A member of Archivo007 had queried the release date on the Empire Magazine's forums.
    http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3736698
    I'll keep an eye on the forum, see if any of the staff have any answers...