"The Spy I Loved", Fanfilm based on "The Spy Who Loved Me"

So yeah, me and my good friend @fromarvidwithlove have decided to do something we've been talking about for a long time! This summer we will release our version of Fleming's novel "The Spy Who Loved Me". The title is "The Spy I Loved" (don't hold it against us) and it's a non-profit project. We will keep you guys posted and I'll make sure to come back with some details of the plot!

[img][/img]1_zpszhgyemwt.jpg

Comments

• loullersloullers Eskilstuna, Sweden
    Always nice to meet a fellow swede!
    Keep us posted on the film.

Check out the thread about our film "Risico" too :)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Brilliant, cannot wait to see it! :D
    Best of luck with the production!
  • Thank you @clarkdevlin :)
    Risico sounds very interesting! Where can I find the thread??
  • I would like to point out that "The Spy I Loved" won't be based on the movie "The Spy Who Loved Me" nor any other of the James Bond-movies! We will be doing our own version of Bond and we will change as little as possible from the novel. This is a project we are doing in the memory of Ian Fleming and a tribute to the 007-franchise!
  • mibmib
    wow...
  • mib wrote: »
    wow...

Is that good?
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    So will this be a period piece?
    Finally we get an adaptation of the original novel! :-bd
  • Sark wrote: »
    So will this be a period piece?

Do you mean if it will be made during a long period of time? In that case, no. It will be take around two weeks to shoot, since we have other film-projects to take care of aside. This is simply a hobby-project that we want to make because we love the Bond-films :)
    But ofcourse we will put our hearts and souls in the project, giving it all our attention and force during the making :)
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Period piece means a film that is set in a period of time other than the present. So if your film is set in the 1960's it would be a period piece.
  • Oh, I see! In fact, I knew that was the correct meaning all along, I just wanted to see if you knew it...

The answer is yes. The film will be set in the 1960´s, the time the book takes place.
  • And so we begin with the final draft
    The thread is on here. In the fan creations section.
  • loullers wrote: »
    The thread is on here. In the fan creations section.
    Look's pretty good =D> When will you release it?
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    Very excited about this - as much as I love how Bond keeps with the times it's sad that we never get a vintage piece (and there has only been a handful of Bond films that stick close to the material at all!)
  • @OnlyManWhoCan We're going to stay as close to the novel as possible, that's the whole point of the project. I've already received questions if we are to make more of them, like Moonraker or You Only Live Twice.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    @fromswedenwithlove That's good to hear - it's a good story to start with too as it's very low key and unconventional. MR and YOLT require a great many more locations etc. Plus the official series would never tackle the short story so it will be good to see this :)
  • @OnlyManWhoCan Exactly! Here's a little something to keep you all interested! Stay tuned for more!

We plan on releasing it during the first half of 2015.
  • Awesome
    What did you think of the title song? :)
  • timdalton007timdalton007 North Alabama
    First time I've been on the forum in ages and saw this thread. Looks like an interesting project and, speaking as someone who spent years on the old forum trying to do a Moonraker adaptation with no success, I'm glad to see that there's still interest in adapting some of the "unused" Fleming stuff. Hope the project is still in the works as I'd love to see it!

timdalton007
  • First time I've been on the forum in ages and saw this thread. Looks like an interesting project and, speaking as someone who spent years on the old forum trying to do a Moonraker adaptation with no success, I'm glad to see that there's still interest in adapting some of the "unused" Fleming stuff. Hope the project is still in the works as I'd love to see it!

timdalton007

We are in pre-production right now! If everything goes according to our plans, we will release photos of the main cast within two months!