SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

RC7 wrote: »
    There didn't need to be 'a road towards gadgets' and I never thought there would be, at least not on this level, if I'm being honest. It disappoints me.

Nut its a "fun" factor, many have been missing after the welcome approach of being more gritty and realistic of the last films. IMO, if done properly and not too over the top, it will be indeed that -fun.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 220
    Map is almost completed now (thanks to Zekidk for helping):
    Pic 1 "Palazi" The chase will start here.
    2nd pic: Machine Gun" in the titles. Gadgets it seems.
    3rd: Reads "Phone"...?
    5th pic: "FIAT"
    7th pic: Vatican entrance
    11nd: Ponte Sisto
    [/quote]
    Tough to be sure but some additions:
    3rd: Phone... ...alongside
    4th: Car (jump) down
    9th: Wall ride
    11th: Aston into river

One more:
    6th: "Second phone call" "Vine street"

Really not sure for those but might be:
    1st: ...Fountains
    3rd: First phone call & (villain) alongside
    8th: Steps
    10th: River & (ambush)
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    It's just been confirmed that they will be filming at the Ponte Sisto bridge on the 23rd of February from 16:00 until 04:00 of the 24th of February
    I'm in a cafe by Ponte Sisto with some of the second unit next to me now. The bridge is being cleaned right now and the graffiti is being removed.

I saw the car filming this morning too on the road leading up to the Colesium. This wasn't part of the chase scene, so it was scenes of Bond driving through the city in the day.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    There didn't need to be 'a road towards gadgets' and I never thought there would be, at least not on this level, if I'm being honest. It disappoints me.

Then tell me....what do you expect. So far I think it's too early to be disappointed. You need to see the entire car chase first. The whole bloody 5 to 12 mins...or whatever length/screentime this chase has.

We don't have Bond in a tank destroying the entire city
    We don't have Bond on the backseat of a car "remote-controlling" his car
    We don't have Bond flipping a car with an ejector seat
    We don't have Bond ice-wheeling an Aston Martin

So far, it seems, that this Rome car chase turns out to a good old-fashioned car chase that is dependent on driving skills and that can be compared to other great car chases, like the ones in "Ronin" and "Bullitt".

On top of that, probably Bond's car goes into the Tiber river at the end of the film, but he probably saves himself with an ejector seat/parachute seat. I think that's how you should conclude such a great car chase, and it adds a "Bond touch" to it. But it's by far not a "Brozzie chase".
    Zekidk wrote: »
    There have been reports, that Bond will "parachute from a helicopter" over the Ponte Sisto bridge, which marks the end of the car chase.
    You do the math!

It doesn't mention that the "parachute from a helicopter" marks the end of the car chase. It just says there will be a car chase and a parachute jump.
    "Bond will also parachute from a helicopter onto the historic Ponte Sisto pedestrian bridge."
    We know from reports, and recently the map, that the car chase will end at the Ponte Sisto bride, with the DB10 ending up in the river.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    How can the chase end with Bond parachuting on the Ponte Sisto if it also ends with the DB10 ending up in the Tiber? I'm confused.
    This thread is moving into spoiler territory now. Please use the spoiler tags ladies and gents. Its not that hard is it? Details of where and how the chase will end, and what stunts it will contain, is spoiler information. It should be in a spoiler tag! >:P
    jake24 wrote: »
    How can the chase end with Bond parachuting on the Ponte Sisto if it also ends with the DB10 ending up in the Tiber? I'm confused.
    It's safe to say the helicopter won't appear in the movie.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Thanks for all the latest photos and videos folks.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,021
    edit
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    jake24 wrote: »
    It's safe to say the helicopter won't appear in the movie.
    I think it'll be an ejector seat with a build-in parachute. Like we saw in GoldenEye, when Bond was captured and released himself before the missiles could hit. But the actual parachute sequence....that needs to be done with a helicopter off course.....which won't be shown in the film
    @Gustav_Graves Exactly.
    What's going on here?

B-YRq3gIcAA3KLm.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,512

Then tell me....what do you expect. So far I think it's too early to be disappointed. You need to see the entire car chase first. The whole bloody 5 to 12 mins...or whatever length/screentime this chase has.

So far, it seems, that this Rome car chase turns out to a good old-fashioned car chase that is dependent on driving skills and that can be compared to other great car chases, like the ones in "Ronin" and "Bullitt".

On top of that, probably Bond's car goes into the Tiber river at the end of the film, but he probably saves himself with an ejector seat/parachute seat. I think that's how you should conclude such a great car chase, and it adds a "Bond touch" to it. But it's by far not a "Brozzie chase".

You really do need to read my posts more carefully, I said that 'I don't doubt' the car chase will be great. My gripe is purely with this
    Ejector seat moment and whatever else Mendes chooses to throw in, because there can be no doubt there will be other 'gadgets' on display. This is what disappoints me. I'm guessing the chase will be shit-hot, the choreography, the framing, it'll all be top-notch, which is why I'm at a loss to understand why your big finale is yet another nod to the earlier films, something that the Brosnan films were known for. That's where I draw a comparison.

In fact, I'm being harsh on Brosnan, because a lot of their content was original if a little derivative.
    What's going on here?

B-YRq3gIcAA3KLm.jpg
    Probably, Bond taking on the interior of the car - scene 35

What do you think?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Personally for me, the GE classic DB5 vs newish Ferrari was a great scene because one of the cars was a classic and the other modern. The contrast was half the fun.

I agree with some comments here that these new cars are somewhat reminiscent of DAD, in the sense that they are somewhat over-modern and streamlined. It's always nice to throw a little twist into it with something classic.

Presumably that's not the intention of this scene though.
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,512
    bondjames wrote: »
    Personally for me, the GE classic DB5 vs newish Ferrari was a great scene because one of the cars was a classic and the other modern. The contrast was half the fun.

I agree with some comments here that these new cars are somewhat reminiscent of DAD, in the sense that they are somewhat over-modern and streamlined. It's always nice to throw a little twist into it with something classic.

I do agree with you @bondjames. We're in Italy, home to arguably the greatest designers and manufacturers in history and we're short-changed due to what is essentially product placement. I can take Bond in the DB10, although I still think it's the kind of car Wayne Rooney would drive, but the breadth of choice you'd have if the villain was in an Italian classic is mouth-watering.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883

I do agree with you @bondjames. We're in Italy, home to arguably the greatest designers and manufacturers in history and we're short-changed due to what is essentially product placement. I can take Bond in the DB10, although I still think it's the kind of car Wayne Rooney would drive, but the breadth of choice you'd have if the villain was in an Italian classic is mouth-watering.

Now that would really have been something to savour. Or even Bond nicking a classic Italian Lambo Muira or De Tomaso Panterra (or......wait for it.....a classic white Lotus Espirit!) that could have been parked outside. Pity they did not think this through.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I like a lot of what I'm seeing except the idea of a car with a parachute.

Should be good times ahead though and of course, won't judge until I've seen the film.
  • RC7RC7

Now that would really have been something to savour. Or even Bond knicking a classic Italian Lambo Muira or Detomatso Panterra (or......wait for it.....a classic white Lotus Espirit!) that could have been parked outside. Pity they did not think this through.

Oh, yes. Especially if he'd stolen it. Man, that would've been insane.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 220
    Details from the map: Have you seen that the various cars are drawn (not always with the same distance)? As well, several colors for the occurrences.
    413805carchaseroma.jpg
    1) Red: regular trace - (part3) Blue: C-X75 alongside - (part 5) Green: DB10 is going slow down due to the Fiat
    2) (part 3) C-X75 needs to do a U-turn and DB10 temporarily escapes
    3) (part 7): C-X75 is approaching in the straight line
    4) (part 10): DB10 is sliding (dotted line) and it leads to...

IMO, the car chase will be mainly focused on driver's skills although some tricks (gadgets) will be obviously used.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    What's going on here?

B-YRq3gIcAA3KLm.jpg

It's raining
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119

You really do need to read my posts more carefully, I said that 'I don't doubt' the car chase will be great. My gripe is purely with this
    Ejector seat moment and whatever else Mendes chooses to throw in, because there can be no doubt there will be other 'gadgets' on display. This is what disappoints me. I'm guessing the chase will be shit-hot, the choreography, the framing, it'll all be top-notch, which is why I'm at a loss to understand why your big finale is yet another nod to the earlier films, something that the Brosnan films were known for. That's where I draw a comparison.

In fact, I'm being harsh on Brosnan, because a lot of their content was original if a little derivative.

I read it carefully @RC7. It's just not "my gripe" :-). You make it sound like they are all "nods" and "disappointing copy-paste work". Frankly, I find that a bit a too negative. You can also see it as "re-inventing" some gadgets.
    I mean, the GF ejector seat was for passengers, which in fact is fun, but it doesn't necessarily save Bond's life. So now they expand this idea to the passenger's seat, PLUS with a build-in parachute.

I think it's similar to how Bond got his new Walther PPK-S with palm reader and a radio transmitter in SF. The package looked small, sophisticated, and not so straight-in-your face as many other gadgets. Very much like the attache-case from FRWL. A good start of introducing a small "gadget", before turning an entire Bond film in the next GF or TB.

Moreover, don't forget that many new Bond fans haven't seen a lot of the classic Connery films. After 53 years of Bond it more or less becomes inevitable to re-invent gadgets in an original way......which you are refering to as "disappointed recycling".

The nicest thing of this all I think, is that we really see James Bond evolving after a needed reboot and over a course of four Bond films. He turns, in a slower, nuanced way, into the Bond we all like to see. Not in a GoldenEye-esque way, with straight-in-your-face gadgets, but with more time, more breathing space, to give the gadgets a place in a new universe.

The Craig-era seems to evolve in a very Connery-esque way: Both Connery and Craig kicked off their own original timeline. Both Connery and Craig started their first cinematic mission in that timeline (Moore, Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan more or less were continuations in that same timeline). But there's a slight difference. The Craig-era seems to be more loyal, faitful to continuity.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    As usual, here's an album with over 70 photos from today's shooting in Rome. Photo credits goes to ANSA/AGF and Corrieri.

http://imgur.com/a/JReCj
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 591
    As usual, here's an album with over 70 photos from today's shooting in Rome. Photo credits goes to ANSA/AGF and Corrieri.

Some amazing photos. I'm sure they'll be some great ones of the car chase on Monday :D

Some amazing photos. I'm sure they'll be some great ones of the car chase on Monday :D

@MadeleineSwann What's on Monday?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 591
    aaron819 wrote: »

@MadeleineSwann What's on Monday?

You said that's when filming for part of the chase is didn't you? 23rd February and the early hours of the 24th February?
    aaron819 wrote: »
    It's just been confirmed that they will be filming at the Ponte Sisto bridge on the 23rd of February from 16:00 until 04:00 of the 24th of February