SPECTRE UK RELEASE DATE

in SPECTRE Posts: 150
Hi there. I am a Bond fan from Greece and new in the MI6 Community. Used to study in London, graduated in 2000 and have been returning ever since, every year there's a Bond film, to watch it opening weekend at Odeon Leicester Sq. I ve started organising this year's trip, but I m a bit confused with the SP UK release date. Some sources still mention October 23 (e.g. IMDB, ODEON Cinemas) while the official 007 site gives only November 6. Could anyone clarify, please?

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I'm in the same situation. Today I read in the Land Rover release that the movie is set for release in late 2015.

BUT, according to the official and most recent Press Release, the movie will be released in the UK on November 6th. I'm based on that for now.
    With this whole hacking scandal I would go with the November 6th release date?
    I see. Thanks guys! Good to know I wasn't the only one :)
  • I brought this subject up in the SPECTRE Production Timeline thread. Read page 466. As of now no one seems to know for sure. :(
    thnx jerome007, missed it amdist all the continuously updated comments
    It does need clearing up for sure, but going on the press conference info at the time? It appears to now be November 6th?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Curious; what effect would the leaks have on the release date? Why would they push it back in the UK due to the leaks?
    Not sure? Maybe it is to do with the big reveal in the movie whatever that may be? Have stayed away from spoiler threads as I do not want the film for me ruined personally.
    Being a film critic, on the occasion of today's material being released, I received notice from SPECTRE's Greek distrib. that the film will be released here on Nov. 12. (films in Greece come out Thursdays). So maybe there's still a slight chance that the US and UK dates don't coincide.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    A UK release date is always first and foremost when it comes to Bond movies.
    and by that, you'd suggest that it 'll stick to Oct 23rd???
    By that I mean irrespective of the film's release date, Bond will come out first in the UK.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    By that I mean irrespective of the film's release date, Bond will come out first in the UK.

And I'm afraid things have changed then a bit. It'll be a worldwide release, November 6th, in both the USA and the UK.
    Time will tell.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Time will tell.
    indeed!

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited February 2015 Posts: 630

And I'm afraid things have changed then a bit. It'll be a worldwide release, November 6th, in both the USA and the UK.
    I really don't think it will be a worldwide release. For no reason Movie comes out on Friday in Italy. It is more probable it will be 5th or 12th or maybe even 29th of October, that should be, as far as I know, the date in which a premiere will take place in Rome.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2015 Posts: 7,518

I really don't think it will be a worldwide release. For no reason Movie comes out on Friday in Italy. It is more probable it will be 5th or 12th or maybe even 29th of October, that should be, as far as I know, the date in which a premiere will take place in Rome.

It's possible that, as @Gustav_Graves said, it'll be the 6th in the US(NA) and UK, and various other dates in other parts of the world. You're likely right that there won't be a single "worldwide" release date.
    EDIT: Also welcome to the forum :)
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Thank you! :)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2015 Posts: 4,416
    In The Netherlands i think it wil be 4th/5th or 12th November 2015. In the last 2 weaks before the release Skyfall get Wednesday 31 October 2012 insteed of Thursday 01 November 2012. With 4th or 5th then it have 13-14 days before The Hunger Games 4 and The Good Dinosaur and 1 month 4/5 days before that other Ben Whishaw movie direted by Ron Howard ''In the Heart of the Sea''.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited February 2015 Posts: 2,044
    I've got it confirmed from reliable sources that the release in Sweden will be on Wednesday the 4th of November with a release in the UK earlier than so!
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    MrBond wrote: »
    I've got it confirmed from reliable sources that the release in Sweden will be on Wednesday the 4th of November with a release in the UK earlier than so!

Ah. I was hoping we in Sweden were getting it the same day as in the UK. That's how it was with SF.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

It depends on the city. Where I live, movies come out on tuesday, although Skyfall came out on Wednesday.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    MrBond wrote: »

Ah. I was hoping we in Sweden were getting it the same day as in the UK. That's how it was with SF.

At least we will be getting it before most of the world. It is odd though having the premiere set on a Wednesday, that is not usual.
  • In Germany the release day is the 5th of November...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    6th of November in Spain...
    Maybe the UK is October then?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 158
    Going by those dates if confirmed for Germany and Spain it seems like the 23rd Oct as originally stated for general release in the UK. Could well be a "World Premiere" a couple of days earlier for Royalty,press celebs etc. This has been done before if memory serves. I do hope so.
    Look I know many members here in the UK do want the film early, but as an American, I am hoping for a same day release. Some parts of Skyfall and Quantum of Solace were ruined for me because of the two week window. This was me staying away from the internet as well. So I hope we can all enjoy the film together with no surprises spoiled. That being said, if the UK date is still in October, I will do my best to keep the film a surprise for me and not complain.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    IMDB (not exactly a reliable source I know) says UK release October 23rd. That seems like it'd be pretty poor planning. A film out for two weeks in the UK before the US is going to be very widely pirated indeed. And as @Bondbat007 said, I'll have to avoid the forums as much as possible for those two weeks as spoilers will likely be everywhere. Hopefully that's inaccurate and the UK release will be no more than a few days before the global release.

I'm going to be in China at the time, but I haven't seen any info on a Chinese release.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited February 2015 Posts: 14,811
    Sark wrote: »
    IMDB (not exactly a reliable source I know) says UK release October 23rd. That seems like it'd be pretty poor planning. A film out for two weeks in the UK before the US is going to be very widely pirated indeed. And as @Bondbat007 said, I'll have to avoid the forums as much as possible for those two weeks as spoilers will likely be everywhere. Hopefully that's inaccurate and the UK release will be no more than a few days before the global release.

I'm going to be in China at the time, but I haven't seen any info on a Chinese release.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1074638/releaseinfo

This was the release schedule for Skyfall.
    Imagine if you will, how hard it was for those of us living in Australia.
    A full three weeks after the UK release.

For Spectre I'm hoping to be in the UK this year. First time I will have seen a Bond film in Blighty since TND.

This is the SPECTRE release schedule according to IMDB (take with a pinch of salt)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt#releases