If you could choose a villain's lair from the James Bond movies to live in, which one would it be?

edited February 2015 in Trivia & Games Posts: 372
I'd choose Scaramanga's pad. Great view/surrounding, nice and quiet, cool interior, etc.

Comments

Piz Gloria, obviously
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Nothing competes with a space station full of physically perfect women.
    In yellow jumpsuits.
    In space.
    Space!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Always liked Mr Big's underground lair, with a monorail and Shark pool, very nice. :D
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Stromberg's Atlantis. I think it would be rather fun to live underwater. Or Piz Gloria too. I can't pick just one.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2015 Posts: 7,518
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Piz Gloria, obviously

Word for word (for word), what I was thinking when I came into this thread. :P
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 136
    Piz Gloria is an excellent choice, others I might add would be
    Dr. No's lair
    Largo's house
    Sanchez's house
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited February 2015 Posts: 17,687
    Put me down for Bambi & Thumper's pad. Oh wait, they aren't actually bad guys...
    Scaramanga's island then. Without tourists.
    Where owning Piz Gloria you would need to be well minted so it stands to reason you'll have a Bell Jet Ranger helicopter. I'd fly up to the summit listening to 'Journey to Blofeld's Hideaway' and ski down the slopes listening to that Barry masterpiece 'Ski Chase'. Every day!! I would never tire of this honestly - I get goosebumps every time I listen to OHMSS soundtrack. Nothing else really excites as much) apart from all those perfect yellow jump suited Drax girls.
    Blofeld's private quartets in YOLT is also very nice, and heating wouldn't
    Be a problem. :D
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 372
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Put me down for Bambi & Thumper's pad. Oh wait, they aren't actually bad guys...

I wouldn't mind living in any house designed by John Lautner. Mid-century modern at it's finest.
  • Dr. No's lair looks pretty cool, and Blofeld's volcano in YOLT is fantastic. But one to live in? Gotta be Piz Gloria.
  • ivegotarocketivegotarocket Bristol
    Yeah I like Dr. No's place too, but Piz Gloria or Stromberg's Atlantis
    On reflection, Scaramanga's pad was a nice spot to hang out with the solar array and lazer for added amusement
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Piz Gloria as seen in 007 Legends. It's huge but amazing to look at.
    007-Legends-OHMSS-Building-Concept-Art.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    So I have to be practical, here. Piz Gloria and Scaramanga's Island: too isolated and a pain to get to. Same with Stromberg's Atlantis lair. Those would be places to stay for two weeks; not live in. Sanchez's place is nice, but I don't want to live in South America.

Zorin, Khan, and and Drax: huge estates, too big and impersonal.

So I'll be honest: just give me Goldfinger's more modest, yet livable home, in Kentucky. Heck, there's a KFC not too far away (if you know what I mean). And mint julips are served by the staff in the middle of the afternoon.
  • Yeah I like Dr. No's place too, but Piz Gloria or Stromberg's Atlantis

How could I forget Atlantis? Loved that!

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Piz Gloria is truly wondrous. However, on a day like today, I want a place where you don't get a foot of snow and below zero in the winter. Dr. No's Lair and Scaramanga's Island sound pretty great right about now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I've thought about it and I'm really an ostentatious sort. I like the good life, who am I kidding. Therefore there can only be one choice really.

Hugo Drax's pad in MR. "Magnificent" indeed.

CHATEAU-1.jpg
    CHATEAU-2.jpg
    CHATEAU-10.jpg
    [img]http://www.parisrivedroiterivegauche.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Vaux-le-Vicomte-do-céu.jpg[/img]
    It would do as a weekend place . :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    That's a lot of property tax right there.
    I'd hate to have to cut the grass of a Sunday. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ...or clean the windows.

Anyway, Doctor No s place for me. I like his style. Pure class.
    And his window is self cleaning. :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hehe, that is the main reason.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,622
    TripAces wrote: »
    So I have to be practical, here. Piz Gloria and Scaramanga's Island: too isolated and a pain to get to. Same with Stromberg's Atlantis lair. Those would be places to stay for two weeks; not live in. Sanchez's place is nice, but I don't want to live in South America.

Zorin, Khan, and and Drax: huge estates, too big and impersonal.

So I'll be honest: just give me Goldfinger's more modest, yet livable home, in Kentucky. Heck, there's a KFC not too far away (if you know what I mean). And mint julips are served by the staff in the middle of the afternoon.

Good call. GF's joint looks about right. Big games room, with bar. Spacious, well-staffed grounds.
    KFC nearby is big bonus. Burger joint nearby too, I think.
    Probably some golf courses in the neighborhood too.
    Mint juleps and cigars after on the patio.
    Dr No and Scaramanga's island for short getaways.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    ...or clean the windows.

Anyway, Doctor No s place for me. I like his style. Pure class.

And didn't he say it cost him $1,000,000? That'll get you 800 sqft in Vancouver :P I'll take Dr. No's place too!! Lol
    Use Largo's boat to get to and from the Island. :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Even though it's from one of my least favorite Bond films, I think I'd like to live in the residence owned by Max Zorin in AVTAK:

ChateauChantilly2_Bond.jpg

For launching plans of world domination I'd pick Blofeld's volcanic lair/rocket base from YOLT:

yolt10g.jpg
    Blofeld's chez-volcano lounge and living space is also very nice. Comfortable and we'll appointed.
    Personally my preference would be Scaramanga's luxurious beach front property.