007 references in popular culture

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Here's one from The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror XII. The Simpsons upgrade their home to the Ultrahouse 3000. When selecting a voice to add some personality to the home's AI system, Bart asked if they could use 007. Marge excitedly asked them if he meant George Lazenby. Lisa explained he meant Pierce Brosnan. Marge only accepted him because he played Remington Steele.

Jump to the 8:15 mark:

seekcartoon.com/watch/26788-the-simpsons-season-13-episode-1-treehouse-of-horror-xii.html#.VMbFmCzmOSo
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 14,799
    There are some references in Queen & Country and The Sandbaggers (interestingly enough it is the literary Bond mentioned):

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2015 Posts: 7,518
    Here's one from The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror XII. The Simpsons upgrade their home to the Ultrahouse 3000. When selecting a voice to add some personality to the home's AI system, Bart asked if they could use 007. Marge excitedly asked them if he meant George Lazenby. Lisa explained he meant Pierce Brosnan. Marge only accepted him because he played Remington Steele.

Jump to the 8:15 mark:

seekcartoon.com/watch/26788-the-simpsons-season-13-episode-1-treehouse-of-horror-xii.html#.VMbFmCzmOSo

Not to mention this!

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Or this...

• TigerTanakaTigerTanaka Welcome to Japan, Mr. Bond
    I'm loving this thread :)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    This is fanart, but I thought it was awesome:

tumblr_mxiuow6bOY1s5e581o1_500.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    1. On Moden Family, Jay takes his infant son to see Skyfall. He pays for his ticket by handing his credit card to the cashier and says,
    "Bond...James Bond."
    2. USA's new show (yet canceled) featured the line "Daniel Craig eat your heart out" when main character Tom a Rush steps out in a tux
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    What about the Cannonball Run? Roger Moore playing Seymour Goldfarb who thinks he's Roger Moore playing James Bond. Trademark eyebrow lift at 4:14. Even has a version of the Bond theme (Thomas Newman take note!)

I sure miss Roger Moore as Bond!

That Cannonball Run clip is hilarious. I feel like.watching the whole movie suddenly.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Brand new one in Marvel's Agent Carter: A character uses an attache case tricked out with gas for distraction.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,009
    I will get broken by this, but... Kiddies' comics... Note the bottom left part of the panel.

580406__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+dash_pinkie+pie_fluttershy_rarity_applejack_princess+celestia_princess+twilight_mane+six.jpg

The artist or the writer must be from this fanbase...

413062__safe_rainbow+dash_rarity_applejack_princess+celestia_lyra_big+macintosh_parody_lyra+heartstrings_kissing.jpeg

My last wish is to be buried on a FC Barcelona shirt. Thanks. Proceed with the execution, gentlemen.
  • At www.picmonkey.com you can create collages. When you save it this appears:
    How-to-Make-Cupcake-Topper-Printables-with-PicMonkey-5.jpg
    Quality by Bond actors! :D
    Apperantly he loves Sean Connery! ;)
    Sean or Connery, is a universal quality standard, I do believe.
    When ordering anything of excellent standard, I simply ask for the Connery. Discriminating individuals nod knowingly.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    timmer wrote: »
    Sean or Connery, is a universal quality standard, I do believe.
    When ordering anything of excellent standard, I simply ask for the Connery. Discriminating individuals nod knowingly.

Brilliant! :))
    At www.picmonkey.com you can create collages. When you save it this appears:
    How-to-Make-Cupcake-Topper-Printables-with-PicMonkey-5.jpg
    Quality by Bond actors! :D
    Apperantly he loves Sean Connery! ;)

Damnit, this is freakin' hilarious! XD
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    American Dad is guilty of several funny Bond references as well. They all escape me at the moment but..
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Top gear uses snippets of all the various bond soundtracks in almost ALL of there episodes especially the last few series.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    You are correct, sir. ~O)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    The Grand Budapest Hotel has a long scene towards the end spoofing all James Bond Ski chases (well at least Ohmss and Fyeo). Can't find any stills or videos at the moment, but don't miss it when it is shown again after having won a few Osacrs.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Dan Brown's novel Inferno (2013) page 313

"As Langdon continued on toward the elbow of the square, he could see, directly ahead in the distance, the shimmering blue glass dial of the St. Mark's Clock Tower -- the same astronomical clock through which James Bond had thrown a villain in the film Moonraker.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    timmer wrote: »
    Dan Brown's novel Inferno (2013) page 313 hardcover

"As Langdon continued on toward the elbow of the square, he could see, directly ahead in the distance, the shimmering blue glass dial of the St. Mark's Clock Tower -- the same astronomical clock through which James Bond had thrown a villain in the film Moonraker.

That is called defenestration. It was what started the 30 year war. Some dude got thrown out a window.
    And in 1979 Roger Moore tossed the villaineou Chang out that very clock and onto a piano. Re-enter Jaws.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    It's not necessarily a "reference," but Sneaker Pimps' "Six Underground" samples Barry's score in GF when Bond finds Jill painted gold. I always found it to be a clever use of the music. A great song.

Yes, the GF sampling is quite apparent at about 1:00 minute mark and in the last 30s or so!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A popular YouTube channel, Ownage Pranks, have uploaded a prank video, pretending to be James Bond to some guy who happens to be selling his Aston Martin convertible.
    Not sure if I would consider it pop culture percé, however I would have a look if you enjoy pranks.

• edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    To tell you how popular it was, this sequel did in 2001 1 million viewers more than Skyfall did in France later. It is a comedy, and has absolutely nothing to do with Bond or even spy. It's about some Sephardic Jews in the garment business fighting some big company. But here are the titles, Bondian to the max. It shows what "iconic" mean...

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Warning: Thi is probably only funny for Bond fans being from or speaking German. And maybe not even all those people will get this. The basic thing is, they dubbed scenes from Bond films in Swabian accent (You know, Stuttgart. The place from wich Doctor Kaufmann claimed he could have killed Bond and making it look like a suicide). 007's taks is to sell oil stoves, radiator heatings and the like to, well, Dr. No.)

Looks hilarious! but I can't undersrand a word of it. :) But it does look and sound funny.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    It is actually really funny. These guys did the same with DIE HARD 4.0, where Willis gets after a eBay-cheat...