The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 - 2014)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I wonder if that's a reference to the rumor that Walt Disney's head was frozen and locked away somewhere in Disney World.
    I wonder if that's a reference to the rumor that Walt Disney's head was frozen and locked away somewhere in Disney World.

What ?!! I Didn't Know That .
    Are Andrew Garfield and Dane Dehaan returning for TASM 3?
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/the_amazing_spider-man_3/news/?a=113084
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I was just about to post that. I really hope it's not true. I like Garfield as Spidey but if getting Spidey into the MARVEL movie universe means dropping Garfield as Spider-Man, then it's worth it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Now I'm hearing that Sony has started casting calls for TASM3, and that makes me more confused than ever.

They seem to be at an absolute loss as to what to do next. First it was TASM 3 in 2016 and #4 in 2018, then #2 came out and #3 was pushed clear to 2018 and Sinister Six filled the spot in 2016, with tons of rumored Spider-Manless spin off films happening around that time. Then after that some of the spin off films were axed, including Venom's, then the Sony hack unleashed Sony's reboot plans and the deal they were trying to get with Marvel along with Garfield's possible axing, and now that all seems scrapped, with the Sinister Six along with it as the TASM #3 is going ahead as originally planned. What a bloody mess.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @QsAssistant and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, are you related?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2015 Posts: 28,694
    Nope, we just have great taste in profile pictures. ;)
    Nope, we just have great taste in profile pictures. ;)

Great picture indeed :D
    Now I'm hearing that Sony has started casting calls for TASM3, and that makes me more confused than ever.

They seem to be at an absolute loss as to what to do next. First it was TASM 3 in 2016 and #4 in 2018, then #2 came out and #3 was pushed clear to 2018 and Sinister Six filled the spot in 2016, with tons of rumored Spider-Manless spin off films happening around that time. Then after that some of the spin off films were axed, including Venom's, then the Sony hack unleashed Sony's reboot plans and the deal they were trying to get with Marvel along with Garfield's possible axing, and now that all seems scrapped, with the Sinister Six along with it as the TASM #3 is going ahead as originally planned. What a bloody mess.

It just gets more and more embarrassing for Sony! :-t
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Why can't they just shove the ASM films into the MCU. It would take so little.
    Why can't they just shove the ASM films into the MCU. It would take so little.

Sadly that sounds like common sense though! Sony does not seem to see it at all!
    I mean, in ASM1, sure, you never see Stark Tower, but there's a ton of cranes up in the city for no reason explained by the film. The Battle of New York in Avengers could account for that. ASM2, everybody loves Spider-Man, despite the fact that he was a f*cking fugitive vigilante in ASM1. Why? Super heroes saved New York after aliens invaded. Simple!
    I mean, in ASM1, sure, you never see Stark Tower, but there's a ton of cranes up in the city for no reason explained by the film. The Battle of New York in Avengers could account for that. ASM2, everybody loves Spider-Man, despite the fact that he was a f*cking fugitive vigilante in ASM1. Why? Super heroes saved New York after aliens invaded. Simple!

Yes it does make sense.
    'Spider-Man' In The MCU? Forgeddaboutit! Sounds Like Sony Are Forging Ahead With SINISTER SIX
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113923
    *sigh*...

I'm not behind this Sinister Six movie at all. Nope. The point of the Sinister Six was that they were six villains who fought and lost to Spider-Man, and they teamed up because they could win as a team where they failed individually. What's their motivation in this film? They got some fancy toys from OsCorp, so they're going to fight Spider-Man because... they got some fancy toys from OsCorp?

And if they go the right route, what, are we gonna have ten minutes at the beginning of the movie of Spider-Man defeating five out of the six of them? That doesn't work well either. This movie is just a bad idea, period.

Then again... DC's making an Aquaman movie...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is it with Jason Momoa? If so, extremely skeptic.
    I don't mind Jason Mamoa as an actor. I enjoyed him in Stargate Atlantis, but I haven't seen him in anything since (I've never seen Game of Thrones or that Conan movie he was in). If he plays Aquaman the way he was portrayed in the DC Animated Universe, I'll be fine with him. If he plays him the way Smallville portrayed him, I'll likely be a little more harsh.
    I think the Sinister Six film is ill-advised as well, at least at this point in time. We know from the end of TASM2 that Harry is leading the charge for a super-villain group to make Spidey pay and all that crap, but I'd rather see Ock, Chameleon, Vulture and more get their own individual run-ins with Spider-Man first so that their characters could be properly introduced into the universe they've created. Otherwise, they're all just being thrown at us right off the bat without the kind of exposition solo films would provide us with. The Sinister Six villains were all solo baddies from jump, so to see them instantly brought together without any experience facing Spidey on their own, it just doesn't feel right.

We also don't know just how much Spidey will be in this film, which is also a factor. Nobody wants to see a Spider-Man film without Spider-Man, or one where he gets only a brief cameo. I fear Sony are going to spend so much time on these villains that web head will be lost in the mix, and may barely show up at all.

The news regarding Sony and Spidey and Marvel these past few weeks has just been all over the place, so I don't know what to think anymore, and what updates to take seriously. At the very least, I hope Andrew is still Spidey in whatever future plans Sony has for the franchise, and if not, he got royally screwed just for speaking up and saying the truth that nobody else would.

All things considered, I'd rather just see TASM3 than a Sinister Six film. The plot line of TASM2 beckons for a continuation as soon as it can be achieved, and if Sony wait too long to head into production it may make matters even worse for them and their "brand." If nothing ever comes of this, at least they succeeded in adapting Gwen and one of the comic world's most tragic stories to the big screen with honor, redeeming the sour job Raimi's third film did to her character. I shutter to even think about their interpretation of her in that movie.
    I don't mind Jason Mamoa as an actor. I enjoyed him in Stargate Atlantis, but I haven't seen him in anything since (I've never seen Game of Thrones or that Conan movie he was in). If he plays Aquaman the way he was portrayed in the DC Animated Universe, I'll be fine with him. If he plays him the way Smallville portrayed him, I'll likely be a little more harsh.

Zack Snyder Called A Radio Show To Defend AQUAMAN!
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=105654

. I can't wait until people see Aquaman is a beast. The reason Aquaman is looked down on is because of the show Stupid I mean Super Friends. He was great before that show. But post that show no one read the comics. Even Batman became a joke because that show. It wasn't until the Dark Knight Returns that he got his respect back. Aquaman has had great comic story's during the eighths and nineties. Then he got reimagined again in the 2000s. Even then still people thought he sucked. He has become more famous from the New 52 but nothing really new was added. Because before that he was awesome. But for whatever reason people decided to pick up his comic series. I personally liked him more before the New 52. But what do I know. If people are starting to like him that's great.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think Sinister six and the fantastic four reboot will bomb badly.
    Dalton12 wrote: »

. I can't wait until people see Aquaman is a beast. The reason Aquaman is looked down on is because of the show Stupid I mean Super Friends. He was great before that show. But post that show no one read the comics. Even Batman became a joke because that show. It wasn't until the Dark Knight Returns that he got his respect back. Aquaman has had great comic story's during the eighths and nineties. Then he got reimagined again in the 2000s. Even then still people thought he sucked. He has become more famous from the New 52 but nothing really new was added. Because before that he was awesome. But for whatever reason people decided to pick up his comic series. I personally liked him more before the New 52. But what do I know. If people are starting to like him that's great.

I'm in Aquaman's corner too, exactly for the reasons you stated. He's never really been given a fair shake, but given the proper creative team, he could have his rebirth.

I have massive hope in Snyder and his team to give him a stunner of an onscreen adventure, and I think Momoa fits the build of the Aquaman I've wanted to see in a film for a long time, i.e., a tough badass with golden locks and beard who takes to task those harming the oceans with a massive trident. I think how the character was adapted in the JLA cartoon was great, and to see Momoa take on the character in a similar vein would be a dream come true:

justiceleagueaquaman.jpg

jason-momoa-aquaman-600x873.jpg

He's characterized as a caring and protective father and loyal king to his subjects, while still able to dish out a whooping should the need arise to save his kingdom.
    Murdock wrote: »

I very much agree. Sinister Six more than the Fantastic Four reboot. The Fantastic Four (because that name is so very original) has at least a little bit of hope behind it, in my opinion. It's been almost 10 years since Rise of the Silver Surfer, and I honestly didn't find that film bad, just not as good as the first.

Granted, The Fantastic Four would fare a little bit better if it had the X-Men film universe behind it, but I understand the reasons behind setting it in its own universe.

Sinister Six, on the other hand, has to introduce at least four new villains (if Rhino and the DeHaan Goblin are both members), and they have to do something. What would they do, if not fight Spider-Man? And if that were the case, why not just make Amazing Spider-Man 3: The Sinister Six? Why give them their own movie? After all, ASM2 was called Rise of Electro in some territories.

Sinister Six has so much against it, especially after all this rumoring and all the negative reactions to ASM2.

I'm in Aquaman's corner too, exactly for the reasons you stated. He's never really been given a fair shake, but given the proper creative team, he could have his rebirth.

I have massive hope in Snyder and his team to give him a stunner of an onscreen adventure, and I think Momoa fits the build of the Aquaman I've wanted to see in a film for a long time, i.e., a tough badass with golden locks and beard who takes to task those harming the oceans with a massive trident. I think how the character was adapted in the JLA cartoon was great, and to see Momoa take on the character in a similar vein would be a dream come true:

justiceleagueaquaman.jpg

He's characterized as a caring and protective father and loyal king to his subjects, while still able to dish out a whooping should the need arise to save his kingdom.

justiceleagueaquaman.jpg

Glad I'm not alone!

I very much agree. Sinister Six more than the Fantastic Four reboot. The Fantastic Four (because that name is so very original) has at least a little bit of hope behind it, in my opinion. It's been almost 10 years since Rise of the Silver Surfer, and I honestly didn't find that film bad, just not as good as the first.

Granted, The Fantastic Four would fare a little bit better if it had the X-Men film universe behind it, but I understand the reasons behind setting it in its own universe.

Sinister Six, on the other hand, has to introduce at least four new villains (if Rhino and the DeHaan Goblin are both members), and they have to do something. What would they do, if not fight Spider-Man? And if that were the case, why not just make Amazing Spider-Man 3: The Sinister Six? Why give them their own movie? After all, ASM2 was called Rise of Electro in some territories.

Sinister Six has so much against it, especially after all this rumoring and all the negative reactions to ASM2.

Which is hilarious when you realize just how much they screwed up Dillon's character in that film and basically gave him no conceivable sense of character whatsoever. And of course, any of the footage they shot that deepened his character was left on the cutting room floor once the editing process began. Funny, that.

Which is hilarious when you realize just how much they screwed up Dillon's character in that film and basically gave him no conceivable sense of character whatsoever. And of course, any of the footage they shot that deepened his character was left on the cutting room floor once the editing process began. Funny, that.

Indeed. They did the same with the Goblin's scenes, too.

Indeed. They did the same with the Goblin's scenes, too.

I read that in the first film they cut out a lot of the stuff with Pete's parents too, and jammed it into #2 as well, like the opening plane crash scene. Apparently that was actually filmed during the first film's production.
    I read that in the first film they cut out a lot of the stuff with Pete's parents too, and jammed it into #2 as well, like the opening plane crash scene. Apparently that was actually filmed during the first film's production.

More and more, this just tells me that Marc Webb and the cast and crew wanted these films to be, as the titles say, Amazing, and Sony just wanted average, but average with Amazing box office numbers.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2015 Posts: 17,687
    Luckily, I have the Romita (& some Ditko) Spideys up to issue 120
    Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_120.jpg
    (I *HATED* Gwen's death with a fiery passion even IF Kane drew it & Romita inked it).
    That Raimi bypassed that whole thing was totally great with me.
    AS2 just dredged it all up again, and BADLY. SONY made sure it was even worse.

Summer 1973. When I stopped being a superhero comic book fan. Four colour PTSS.
    At least I still had Shang Chi...
    \:D/
    Actually, the stuff with Gwen makes up some of the best parts of the film for me, and I love the way they handled her death. I still can't watch it without getting emotional, due in large part to Andrew's amazing performance in that scene. I'd go even farther to say that Gwen, even more than Spidey, is the true hero of the film. Not only because she is instrumental in helping Pete take down Max, but also because of her motivational speech that is solely responsible for Peter returning as Spider-Man, and that was even after she had already passed. In addition, Emma Stone is amazing and was one of the best casting decisions made for a superhero movie, or any movie for that matter. It's going to be hard to move forward without her as she really makes you fall in love with Gwen and her chemistry with Andrew was through the roof. After her, MJ is going to be nothing.
    J. K. Simmons Teases Possible Return As J. Jonah Jameson In Future SPIDER-MAN Movies
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CBMNewsLMB10/news/?a=114599