Best moments in your least favorite Bond film

edited October 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,341
I detested Moonraker and DAF makes me cringe as does most of Pierce Brosnan's. That being said can you name a scene or line or something to recommend the Bond films you dislike?
MR The opening pre credits sequence and the villian Chang
DAF The elevator fight between Bond and Franks
TMWTGG Scaramanga (most scenes with Christopher Lee in them)
DAD Halle Berry's bikini scenes (sorry--I know Jinx is annoying and Halle can't act but she is good eye candy :))
TWINE Elektra King
TND Hotel scene between Bond and Kaufman
Thats all from me....

Comments

QoS - the Hotel scene between M & 007, including his escape.
    LTK - The scene in which Bond found Felix with the note He must have disagreed with something that ate him. Pure Fleming.
    TLD - The escape with the girl from that communist country where they rhashed an Aston Martin.
    DAF - Visiting Amsterdam (spoiled by 007 faking a kiss by himself, really this Connery) and then the fight in the elevator and the scene in the mortuarium where 007 was almost cremated (the only time there was any sense of danger in the movie)
    DAD - the first 2/3 part of the movie. After the Ice-hotel in Iceland all went rapidly downhill.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    FYEO The part when Bond and what's her name are being pulled in the water by the villian and the moutian climbing scene at the end.
    AVTAK- For some reason even though Stacy is annoying, I really like the City Hall fire scene and part of the chase after (when Moore is not shouting on the ladder)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    QOS - Opera sequence
    CR - PTS
    TWINE - Some tracks from Arnold - 'Bilbao' was good.
    A few least favorites:

Die Another Day- used to like it, but it fell off quickly; anyway, the car chase with Zao is always a spectacle, as is the hovercraft chase in the beginning. Also, the fight with Mr. Kil actually hits a right note with me, even though most people hate it.

Goldfinger- the entire Fort Knox battle, the pre-title sequence, car chase around Auric Enterprises

Moonraker- everything up to Bond's arrival in Venice; the fight with Chang, the boat chase

Quantum of Solace- fight with Slate, the airplane dogfight, battle at the Perla de las Dunas hotel, Mathis' death
  • DAD, pre title sequence (bond undercover at base, hovercraft chase) halley berry in a bikini

QOS, aeroplane battle, bond chasing/fighting mitchell, bond leaving green with motor oil in the desert

TND, motorbike chase, i also found the car chase fun because it didn't take itself too seriously, final battle scene was pretty cool
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 12,837
    Favorite things from my least favorite films:

Diamonds Are Forever - The elevator fight, some of the Connery zingers were good too ('Named after your father, perhaps?')

Moonraker - The first half of the film is great (barring the 'Bondola'). The sky diving pre titles, the centrifuge, pheasant hunting, Corinne getting mauled by dogs, Bond's fight with Chang...but my oh my, does the film lose it from the cable car fight onwards. As someone on these forums best put it: somewhere in Moonraker is one of the best Bond films ever. Maybe the biggest missed opportunity in the series and it really is too bad.

A View to a Kill - Christopher Walken makes a great bad guy, Roger Moore's matured performance, always have had a soft spot for the Golden Gate Bridge fight as ridiculous as it was

Die Another Day - The film is actually fairly good up to Halle Berry's introduction in Cuba, liked the sword fight and pre-titles a lot and the Aston vs. The Jag battling inside the ice palace is the second half's only good point.

The Man with the Golden Gun - The fun house was a neat idea, Chris Lee's Scaramanga was a fine villain
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    DAF: The boob shot of Plenty.
    TSWLM: PTS
    AVTAK: May Day's demise
    TND: The remote control car chase
    DAD: The sword fight
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Good things in DAD:
    *Tons of great breast/body shots in the theme
    *The PTS was alright
    *Lots of cleavage from Rosamund
    *Jinx almost dies
    *We almost saw some of Cuba(thanks @Kerim)
    *The film ended
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    The Cuban scenes were filmed in Spain.
    At the risk of getting busted across the chops:
    Will somebody tell me what "PTS" is?
    Haha took me a while to get all the lingo, too.

PTS = Pre-titles sequence
    I have to add another one liner I liked in DAF
    When tiffany at the gas station tells the annoyed professor (name escapes me)
    "Lay off that honker or you're gonna get a shot in the mouth". Too cute.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Cuban scenes were filmed in Spain.
    I fixed it. Thanks for the correction. ;-)
    Haha took me a while to get all the lingo, too.

PTS = Pre-titles sequence
    Thanks a bunch. :) :)

• Diamonds, well, I kind of 'enjoyed' if that is the word the Bambi/Thumper tussle with Connery, the Kidd/Wint characters were interesting and well, St John was a fine looking lady

Die Another Day, I quite liked the Icelandic setting, the Ice Palace was a fun structure, Toby Stephens made for an interesting bad guy, a good and energetic sword fight half way through, Bond going into cardiac arrest and jumping ship, that was some good scenes

QOS, struggling with this, I know i've berated any sort of Vin Diesel/Statham type action in a Bond picture, but with Craig throwing his weight around and elaborate killing of bad guys, while It's not what I grew up with for 007, it does generate some excitement, I was watching some bits on here a week or so ago I hadn't seen in three years and was actually thinking 'I'm kind of keen to see this again, it has some worthwhile action etc'
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    QOS-The scene where Bond goes to meet Mathis at his home with his ladyfriend(reminds of the scene in OHMSS where Bond meets Draco & Olympe).

TWINE-The speedboat chase with Cigar Girl.

AVTAK-The John Barry music score makes the whole film much more watchable than it would have been without it.
  • I thought the car chase in QOS was excellent.
    FYEO The part when Bond and what's her name are being pulled in the water by the villian and the moutian climbing scene at the end.
    Mellina Havelock
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The chase on the Thames in The World is Not Enough. Especially when he straightens his tie underwater.
    Thunderball : When Bond and Domino were saved by the Airplane from the sea
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service: When Bond Ambush Piz Gloria at the end of the film
    Live and Let Die: When Bond Escape from crocodile farm and jump over the street to the Bayou
    Die Another Day: Final confrontation with Gustav Graves in Antonov Plane
    edited October 2011 Posts: 28,694
    YOLT:
    *The cat freakout was hilarious!
    *Cool fight with Connery and the large man at Osato Chemicals
    *I love the flight of Little Nellie
    *The PTS was a good set up to the rest of the film and was something new

DAF
    *Lana Wood's ahhh...acting
    *Awesome deaths for Wint and Kidd.
    *Tiffany sexy I'll give her that at least

That's pretty much it. It hurts to commend DAF.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    The whole PTS (just learned this - thanks!) for YOLT and the song
    The entire Thames chase in TWINE
    Boat chase in Moonraker
    YOLT:
    *The cat freakout was hilarious!
    *Cool fight with Connery and the large man at Osato Chemicals
    *I love the flight of Little Nellie
    *The PTS was a good set up to the rest of the film and was something new

That's pretty much it.
    Ra-really? You don't like YOLT?
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,817
    DAD: sword fight, Cuba location, and Bond and Falco smoking.
    DAF: elevator fight, Plenty (because is hot), and the music, specially 'On the Road' theme.
    AVTAK: the final confrontation, Stacy (ditto) and the music (both theme and soundtrack).
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    for me...

DAD - the PTS hovercraft chase, the fencing/sword fighting, Jaguar vs Aston Martin on frozen lake.

MR - the PTS sky dive, the cable car fight with Jaws.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    YOLT: the wedding, because of Barry's score
    TMWTGG: the funhouse PTS
    AVTAK: Barry's fine tunes when Stacey drives home from work
    TWINE: the PTS
    DAD: most of the London scenes, halfway through the film
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,310

Oh, man, you like that fight??? I'm embarrassed every time I watch it; that fight scene is so bizarre to me (not in a good way) :-))
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,399

Oh, man, you like that fight??? I'm embarrassed every time I watch it; that fight scene is so bizarre to me (not in a good way) :-))
    come on - it has the best line ever "His name is Jaws, and he kills people." lol.

honestly I don't mind it - In a film full of outlandish moments i find the least annoying, because it could be worse, like the Venice gondola chase sequence.