Best Series Finale

edited October 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,341
We talked about the bad and the ugly (worst series finales, how about the "GOOD")

1. Babylon 5 rocked a great end to a supreb series
2. BattleStar Galectica great ending I had saw where it was headed and I must say I approved.
3. Friday Night Lights

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Boy Meets World(one of the most touching sendoffs ever in TV)
    Fresh Prince of Bel-Air(a great goodbye to a masterpiece of a series)
    Monk
    Scrubs
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited October 2011 Posts: 3,262
    "Newhart" where he wakes up and realizes he's Dr. Bob Hartley married to Suzanne Pleshette. That was one I honestly didn't see coming.
    The finale of "Angel" really encapsulated the series premise of going out fighting.

And the film SERENITY was a good ending to "Firefly", even if the show deserved to go longer.
    "Newhart" where he wakes up and realizes he's Dr. Bob Hartley married to Suzanne Pleshette. That was one I honestly didn't see coming.
    I think this was the best of the best. Loved it. such creativity, why can't Hollywood be as good these days??
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Best series finale ever: Friday Night Lights.
  • I think I'm one of the only people in the world who liked the West Wing's finale...
  • LudsLuds MIA
    I think I'm one of the only people in the world who liked the West Wing's finale...
    I'll watch them all (never did but own all DVDs) and will let you know.
    (In a few months ;) )
  • I agree on the finale of Angel beind really good,
    I also really like "Freefall" the final two-parter to Miami Vice (especially Part 2 is great).
    The Shield
    Star Trek TNG

awesome performance by Patrick and the revamped Enterprise.....BOOM!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I think this was the best of the best. Loved it. such creativity, why can't Hollywood be as good these days??
    My favorite also. Came out of nowhere and was quite brilliant for it's time.

• Rescue Me. Show was amazing seasons 1-3, took a hit in quality, but the finale was one of the best episodes of the series - funny, emotional and simply awesome.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 44
    Fresh Prince was a great ending.

Star Trek TNG was good as well, but not as final as we knew they were going to make films.

Star Trek Voyager was the biggest anti-climax ever, all you see is the ship going towards earth! Big let down, I really wanted to see that ship touch down in San Fransisco and the crew step out to applause at Starfleeet headquarters. X( :-((

Upstairs Downstairs was a great ending to a marvelous series, good to see it back on our screens over Christmas and there will be 6 new episodes next year too! So I guess it wasn't really an ending and just a 35 year intermission. :)
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited October 2011 Posts: 1,380
    Spooks just had a pretty good one. Pretty good if you agree that it should have been befitting the series and not a happy ending! Best cameo in a long running series... ever?
    I would nominate X-Files, Buffy, Angel, Alias, Prison Break and Lost as all ending quite satisfactorily.
    Best of the bunch though was the Battlestar Galactica wind-up. Awe inspiring.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Newhart
    Life on Mars
    M*A*S*H