SPECTRE--last Craig-era film?

It was my understanding that Daniel would be back for Bond 25 but some people here seem to think that SPECTRE will be his swan-song. Personally, I hope he makes six total.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I don't think SPECTRE will be his last one. Based on the photos released today, I can easily see him making two or three more.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    He still looks good. While he has clearly aged since his 2006 debut as Bond, I think he actually looks better right now than he did in SF. Most of that is attributed to the better haircut in my view.

Craig's Bond just made a top 10 all time worldwide box office. With SPECTRE, they have a good chance at matching or surpassing that. Craig hasn't shown any wear or inclination that he is getting bored of the role. Have to imagine EON will ride him out as long as possible. He is signed on for 25, but I could see him doing 26 and possibly even 27 to match Sir Roger.
  • O6GO6G
    Im gonna predict that Daniel will do another one for an insaaane amount of money, and then he will move on and pick sub-par projects like cowboys and aliens.
  • I'd like to see him do 5. That's a nice total. And then have him quit after Bond 25. Because I think after that (or maybe even before) he'd really start to show his age.

With the HD quality of Skyfall he looked every bit his 44 (and then some). But he is an excellent James Bond so I think letting him finish out his tenure would be about right.
    With the success and admiration the producers have for him, especially BB? Their is no way this will be DC's final Bond film! He signed for a 5th so that's good enough for me!
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I think he will go after 25. Do the The girl that played wire fire and the Steve McQueen biopic before winning an Oscar and retiring to the quiet life.
  • It was my understanding that Daniel would be back for Bond 25 but some people here seem to think that SPECTRE will be his swan-song. Personally, I hope he makes six total.

Still want Craig in Bond 25.
    he is officially returning for Bond 25 and so is Waltz possibly.
  • Nice to know :)
    also I believe bond 25's title will be one of the chapter titles from On her majesties Secret service just a guess mind you but if i was a gambling man I would guess "Happiness without a Shadow" directed by Chris Nolan staring James Bond as Ian Fleming's 007...

but this is just a guess
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    this depends on wether or not we have to keep waiting ten years in between each movie lol :))
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    It takes time for mediocre writers to churn out crap
  • It takes time for mediocre writers to churn out crap
    Yawn.
    It was my understanding that Daniel would be back for Bond 25 but some people here seem to think that SPECTRE will be his swan-song. Personally, I hope he makes six total.
    This a stupid post. Pal you should just wait he coming back for one more alright. Someone close this thread.
  • Agent7F wrote: »
    This a stupid post. Pal you should just wait he coming back for one more alright. Someone close this thread.
    Thanks for that insightful contribution.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 11,119

Dear @LegateDaar (I love "Star Trek: DS9" too ;-)), this is a rumour that has been strengthened entirely by a partícular SonyLeak where Sony CEO Amy Pascal said, way WAY too prematurely, that black British actor Idris Elba could be the perfect replacement for actor Daniel Craig. Once this leak was picked up by gossip news websites and various entertainment programs it started to live it's own life. Furthermore, gossip 'journalists' started to quote solely one article from Rolling Stone magazine from October 2012, where a rather tipsy Craig said that he "always wanted to leave", and used it to strengthen the "Idris Elba Leak".

This is what I call a perfect overblown concoction of untrue gossip news, which has become rather negative in nature. It reminds me of the anti-Craig campaign after Craig was announced as agent 007 in 2005.

Because first of all Barbara Brocolli & Michael Wilson have the final and decisive say in such huge casting decisions. So this leak is, again, more damaging for Amy Pascal. I reckon she one again apologized to movie cast/crew......this time to Barbara & Michael.

Secondly, Daniel Craig does not have a contract which mentions that he has an option to do a fifth Bond film. He HAS an active contract that says he WILL do a fifth Bond film. Those are the facts right now. Again, Amy Pascal showed her true unprofessional nature here by seeing active contracts as mere toilet paper to wipe off one's arse.

Also, regarding the insanely succesful "Skyfall", not comparable to any Brosnan-Bond film, it would be crazy to let Craig go after "SPECTRE". Because "SPECTRE" will also most likely be such a top grossing 1 Billion Dollar Bond.

So to conclude this post: Daniel Craig = Agent James Bond 007. And based on the current facts he will stay Bond well into 2018, when Bond 25 premieres. And after that there's even a possibility EON want him back to do a final 6th film.
    Secondly, Daniel Craig does not have a contract which mentions that he has an option to do a fifth Bond film. He HAS an active contract that says he WILL do a fifth Bond film. Those are the facts right now. Again, Amy Pascal showed her true unprofessional nature here by seeing active contracts as mere toilet paper to wipe off one's arse.
    How are you so sure about the exact details of his contract?

• JCRendle wrote: »
    How are you so sure about the exact details of his contract?

It's been 100% confirmed that Craig's contract is for 5 Bond films. Back in 2005 his contract was for 3 films with an option for a 4th but they later renegotiated. Craig is James Bond until 2017/2018 at the very least. I wish these tired Idris Elba rumors would just die off already. He's not going to be Bond.
    There's every possibility that Craig and the producers could have renegotiated the contract again, especially after the success of Skyfall, Craig had more bargaining chips to play with. I'm not saying it has changed, but we don't know the specifics.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If anything has changed to his contract it would be to increase the number of films but from a legal, creative and financial perspective it's absurd that SPECTRE is his last.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    If anything has changed to his contract it would be to increase the number of films but from a legal, creative and financial perspective it's absurd that SPECTRE is his last.

200% agreed here @doubleoego

• doubleoego wrote: »

200% agreed here @doubleoego

Same here. After the massive success of Skyfall the studio heads would be absolute morons to renegotiate Craig's contract so he has one less movie. And even after his contract is up I could easily see them throwing him an obscene amount of money to come back for Bond 26 provided SP and Bond 25 are hits. Craig is Bond for the foreseeable future. Those who don't like it need to learn to live with it.
    Those who don't tlike it need to learn to live with it.
    I hope that that wrasn't, partially, aimed at me. I'd love for him to do more films, I was just asking where the certainty came from. You have to remember, Bond 24/5 were originally worked as a two-parter, which Mendes worked down to one - this could have perceivably changed things in relation to Craig.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Could not have put it better myself! =D>
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,399
    he is still under contract for Bond 25...

how and why is this still an issue???
    HASEROT wrote: »

Exactly! Common knowledge that he has a contract until Bond 25.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    RogueAgent wrote: »

a Spectre FAQ thread really needs to happen... it seems many people, including myself, keep having to repeat the same answers to questions over and over and over again.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

a Spectre FAQ thread really needs to happen... it seems many people, including myself, keep having to repeat the same answers to questions over and over and over again.

Very good idea! Perhaps one should be put together!
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,964
    He is under contract for Bond 25. Unless the producers deiced to drop him as Bond or the contract time frame runs out he is stuck doing it weather he wants to or not.
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    Those who don't tlike it need to learn to live with it.
    I hope that that wrasn't, partially, aimed at me. I'd love for him to do more films, I was just asking where the certainty came from. You have to remember, Bond 24/5 were originally worked as a two-parter, which Mendes worked down to one - this could have perceivably changed things in relation to Craig.

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. But rather all the people who keep saying EON should sign Idris Elba. Why would they do that when they have the highest grossing Bond since Connery under contract? I understand it's fun to speculate but in a way it's disrespectful to Craig. There will come a time when a new Bond is necessary. But until then lets not get ahead of ourselves and enjoy Craig while we have him.