Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 26th May 2017 - NEW DETAILS

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Jack Sparrows adventures are fun.
    Am I the only one here who loved "On Stranger Tides"?
  • I personally would love to see Alicia Vikander in the new POTC film.

Royal-Affair-07-1024x512.jpg
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Nope, it is my favourite of the whole saga.

YOU are NOT alone.

Hard to say, since I haven´t seen it :P .
    Just to give people a perspective on production, filming is expected to start in February.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 267
    Brenton Thwaites confirmed

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/pirates-caribbean-5-brenton-thwaites-4985554

'Australian actor Brenton Thwaites has confirmed he will star in the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie, Dead Men Tell No Tales.

The Giver star, 25, says he isn't sure about the exact plot details, but it was previously confirmed that Johnny Depp will reprise his role as charismatic swashbuckler Captain Jack Sparrow. Original Pirates star Orlando Bloom is also rumoured to return.

"I think that is going to be happening. I don’t know much about the story, they’re quite tight about that stuff," Thwaites exclusively told Mirror TV. "I’m heading back to Australia to begin [pre-production] in a month."

The fifth Pirates film, which follows on from 2011's On Stranger Tides, will be directed by Kon-Tiki filmmakers Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg.'
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Brenton Thwaites confirmed

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/pirates-caribbean-5-brenton-thwaites-4985554

'Australian actor Brenton Thwaites has confirmed he will star in the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie, Dead Men Tell No Tales.

The Giver star, 25, says he isn't sure about the exact plot details, but it was previously confirmed that Johnny Depp will reprise his role as charismatic swashbuckler Captain Jack Sparrow. Original Pirates star Orlando Bloom is also rumoured to return.

"I think that is going to be happening. I don’t know much about the story, they’re quite tight about that stuff," Thwaites exclusively told Mirror TV. "I’m heading back to Australia to begin [pre-production] in a month."

The fifth Pirates film, which follows on from 2011's On Stranger Tides, will be directed by Kon-Tiki filmmakers Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg.'

Glad it is not a reboot! Great Johnny is back and possibly Orlando now?
    Anyone remember Cutthroat Island? That was a crazy fun movie with a brilliant score...
    Better than at least half of the POTC movies so far! :)>-
    It's interesting to hear how he doesn't really know much about the story, considering he is now a main set member of the cast.
    Anyone remember Cutthroat Island? That was a crazy fun movie with a brilliant score...
    Better than at least half of the POTC movies so far! :)>-

I love that movie, great adventure and epic pirate movie.

I love that movie, great adventure and epic pirate movie.
    "Bad Dog!"

=))
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Captain Jack is going to have to lay off of the rum. Some recent pictures od Depp show him to be a bit pudgy.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Captain Jack is going to have to lay off of the rum. Some recent pictures od Depp show him to be a bit pudgy.
    And YOU aren't??
    Well, ummm... okay- you really aren't....
    :))
  • M_Balje wrote: »
    NEJU3DUSyEZhNS_2_a.jpg
    My vote go to Gabriella Wilde (First)
    Gabriella-Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe-Gabriella-Wilde-Style-File-RDuJour-014.jpg

She also already been seen in Three Musketiers with Bloom, but that's also a bit of the problem mabey. Jenna Thiam looks intresting, but only with Jack Sparrow. Mabey same for Kaya Scodelario, but my feeling says no.

Saw Gabriella in the Endless Love remake and I don´t think she´s a good actress. She has a very pretty face and great connections but I hope they won´t choose her. Scodelario, on the other hand, has both the acting chops and the looks, but I don´t know if she´s into comedy. Never heard of the redhead before but I have to admit I´m insanely jealous of her appearance and judging from her expression it looks as if she could devour old Jackie boy. :D
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »
    And YOU aren't??
    Well, ummm... okay- you really aren't....
    :))

Lol!

• Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    It looks like Kaya Scodelario might be getting the part.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/401987-kaya-scodelario-pirates-of-the-caribbean
  • Pajan005 wrote: »
    It looks like Kaya Scodelario might be getting the part.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/401987-kaya-scodelario-pirates-of-the-caribbean

I really hope so. I loved her in Skins.
    edited January 2015 Posts: 432
    I just want to say that I'm really happy this thread exists. The Pirate films are some of my favorite cinema experiences. I have a lot memories about going to see them. A great adventure where you can have fun on the ride. The music is amazing, it always gets you in a good mood. These films always leave me feeling happy. There are films for different occasions, and Pirates is one of those that reminds you of the great adventure of cinema that only exists in fantasy.

Besides from Spectre, Pirates 5 is one of my most anticipated upcoming films. I have been waiting since the last one. Following up on every news. I'm really looking forward to seeing it being filmed. When they delayed it the first two times I got sad. But, I knew they wanted to take time to get it right. I hope the did. Because if the delay it again I'll literary go the studio and tell them to give me the script right now so, I'll make it.

Let's hope for some fresh news on the cast soon.
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    I just want to say that I'm really happy this thread exists. The Pirate films are some of my favorite cinema experiences. I have a lot memories about going to see them. A great adventure where you can have fun on the ride. The music is amazing, it always gets you in a good mood. These films always leave me feeling happy. There are films for different occasions, and Pirates is one of those that reminds you of the great adventure of cinema that only exists in fantasy.

Besides from Spectre, Pirates 5 is one of my most anticipated upcoming films. I have been waiting since the last one. Following up on every news. I'm really looking forward to seeing it being filmed. When they delayed it the first two times I got sad. But, I knew they wanted to take time to get it right. I hope the did. Because if the delay it again I'll literary go the studio and tell them to give me the script right now so, I'll make it.

Let's hope for some fresh news on the cast soon.

It's good to have you involved @Pajan005, I was surprised no-one had already made one so I jumped at the chance and onsidering now we're gettting more casting news and set photos with filming to begin next month, we should definitely start talking about :)
    Interesting quote from Brenton Thwaites. Read at your own risk, since it may include spoilers for his character.

http://screenrant.com/pirates-caribbean-5-casting-brenton-thwaites-kaya-scodelario/

I'm happy with what he said. Bringing things back to its roots.
    Interesting quote from Brenton Thwaites. Read at your own risk, since it may include spoilers for his character.

http://screenrant.com/pirates-caribbean-5-casting-brenton-thwaites-kaya-scodelario/

I'm happy with what he said. Bringing things back to its roots.

I'm very wary of this quote as in an early article I read when Thwaites announced the confirmation it didn't use this as a quote but as a statement made by the article writer. I'm not sure what to believe.

Part of me thinks I'm putting this quote to the back of my mind cause I really don't want them to return to the story from the Dead Man's Chest/ At World's End unless it's more of a backstory than a plot device.

Also, I really don't want Orlando Bloom in this film. Like one of the guys in this video says: "The cursed dad scenario has been done!"

I'm all for connections and subplots from previous films. I just hope they don't contradict what has happened or become the major story. I want to see Jack Sparrow on a new adventure. Explore places with different mythologies. OST made me think that it was the right direction with introducing the fountain, mermaids and so forth. Keep exploring the worlds.

For me it's fine to have Orlando back in a supporting role. Let's not have the whole "Elizabeth!" thingy with the romance again, since that part should be over. They are both established now, so if anyone of them is back, take them to the next level.
    As a question to all, looking at all the rumours that have come out about Pirates of the Caribbean 5, what ones do we think are actually true since production could have changed so much over the amount of time they've on it:

- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Is it definitely going to be called that? No-one's really announced anything about the title.)
    - Javier Bardem/ Christoph Waltz - We all know Waltz won't be appearing but I thought I'd stick him in here anyway cause he was rumoured, but we all now know he'll be in Spectre. But is Bardem really going to be in the film?
    - Kaya Scodelario - This seems like the most true rumour cause it seems like more of an actual "we are definitely considering her" than just word of mouth and what people think they've heard.
    - No monsters, just pirates. - In an interview with Collider, producer Jerry Bruckheimer was asked if there will be "demonic monsters" in the fifth film. Here was his response: "No, no. I think we're back to more of a straight pirates movie this time." Has that stuck since we learnt this. Also if they're talking about no monsters then the whole witches idea must have been scrapped.
    - Captain Brand - Is the villain gonna be Captain Brand, Captain Brand, a ghost that wants the Trident so he can get his revenge on Jack. Brand believes Jack turned his brother Eric into a pirate, which led to his death.

What do you think is true? Do you think some things are maybe similar but changed? Would like to see changes made to these rumours if they are true or not?
    - Dead Men Tell No Tales - I think it's a great title. Fits the series very well. Also I'm all for a longer title, like The Curse of the Black Pearl. The directors said it was called that. I've seen many people refer to it by that title. Although most recently it's mostly just been Pirates 5. If the title is changed (which I'm hoping not) I wouldn't want it to be something too short or generic.

- Javier Bardem - I've read a few articles about the film, and most of them say Bardem is set to play the villain. There's been no other rumors since he was in talks, so he might very well be cast. Also he has no other films in pre-production or in filming.

- Kaya Scodelario - Bruckheimer confirmed her to be cast on his twitter: It's official.

- No monsters, just pirates. - Interesting idea. But, I have a feeling there's gonna be something mythological/supernatural in it. Filming will be during spring 2015. If there's no big effects and just a straight pirate action film, why is it going to take two years to edit? There's gotta be something there.

- Captain Brand - He might still be the villain. I remember when those plot details emerged, it said that there were two new romantic leads. They have now been cast. Bardem might be Brand. The only thing left to confirm is the witch story. Kaya Scodelario's character's name wasn't said. Maybe she is a witch.
    - Kaya Scodelario - Bruckheimer confirmed her to be cast on his twitter: It's official.

I read about it this morning. So happy!

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,416
    Dead Men Tell No Tales, very good title with refer to the 2th movie.

Composer and editor are not confirmd yet. iI think Harry Gregson-Williams or Steve Jablonsky made change to be new composer and Chris Lebenzon wil be editor. I get idea there whant give cinematography style of movies like Man On Fire, Pearl Harbor and Transformers. Cinematopgrapher from Man On Fire/ Dejavu already be hired and the production designer of Michael Bay movies too.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    iI think Harry Gregson-Williams or Steve Jablonsky made change to be new composer and Chris Lebenzon wil be editor.

Where did you hear this? You don't think Hans Zimmer will be back? I would think it would be great if he was back.

Just looked on the IMDb page and an actor 'Rodney Afif' has been added to list with a character name and no '(rumoured)' next to it.

wje5ig.jpg
  • Here's a piece of fan art I made back in August 2014, before any announcements were made.

pirates_of_the_caribbean__dead_men_tell_no_tales_by_galasilva-d7u8mlh.jpg