"Can you play any other tune?": Who should perform the next Bond theme...?

Comments

Kasabian

Antiquiet - pretty much the only publication worth listening to - rated this song in particular as being rather Bond-like:
    Where the first three Kasabian albums were kicked off with songs specifically designed to shake stadiums, Let’s Roll feels more like a theme from a James Bond film as opposed to something you would hear before a football match at Wembley Stadium
    If EON wanted to go down the path of a duet agin - a proper one, this time - I could see Adele with Kasabian's frontman Tom Meighan.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm all for Buble to sing it. He has that Matt Munro FRWL kind of croon. But being the 50th anniversary, I feel it should be a female, ala Bassey style. I've only heard a bit of Adele's material, but that's enough to convince me she can pull it off.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If it's not just PR fluff, and Bond#23 is indeed going to be lighter (than R/QOS):

Caro Emerald
    That Man

The Other Woman
  • Adele of course but an alternative is:

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    RUSH of course:

There is no other band that is still cranking out high quality music than RUSH. B-)
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 2,107
    Even though I'm no fan, Lady PooPoo can sing ;

... and, uh, I don't mean she should do it. Adele has my full blessing.

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I would actually like to see two singers come together... Adele and Michael Buble.
    Just saw her on a graham norton....

katie melua
    That Gaga / Tony Bennet song is brilliant.

I don't want any rockbands with their ballady approach. So far the last Bond theme songs have been really poor.

What Bond needs is a good performer with a big Band behind him/her and let the titlesong be a flashback to the 60's origin of the movie franchise.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 2,782
    I would actually like to see two singers come together... Adele and Michael Buble.
    right this Buble thing. Is it based on this single song?

Has to be Adele, just has to be.

or do we go back?

if not Adele, then give to the grand and overdone and over the top muse:

• edited October 2011 Posts: 9,730
    yes

listen to this song tel me it's not a bond theme!

also something from their new album that sounds bondian

• found this....awesome

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    How about Justin Bieber?

Honestly: Just KIDDING!!!!!! :-D

I do want the classic Bond guitar theme and a good main song sung by someone who can really sing. Not picky.
    Why don't try Alicia Keys again. She's got her best when singing for OST of Quantum of Solace. She can composed powerful music that fits Bond Film. Another choice can be Katy Perry, I like some of her songs, and I believe she's not too bad to sing the OST of Bond 23. Phil Collins might be even a good choice, he's from Genesis, and I believe the rock feel he has can suit Bond film.
    I found this by Voltaire

I quite like his voice.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 5,745

That was awesome.

And that was awesome. If they ever did a true adaptation of You Only Live Twice, with the Japanese suicide gardens, I think the anime art - styled opening, if done like this (a.k.a P R O P E R L Y) would be magnificent.

I hate there was so much potential and all was lost :/
    MW and BB are looking into Adele, they're definitely on the right path for what I think most of us want.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    edited October 2011 Posts: 204
    Kasabian

Antiquiet - pretty much the only publication worth listening to - rated this song in particular as being rather Bond-like:
    Where the first three Kasabian albums were kicked off with songs specifically designed to shake stadiums, Let’s Roll feels more like a theme from a James Bond film as opposed to something you would hear before a football match at Wembley Stadium
    If EON wanted to go down the path of a duet agin - a proper one, this time - I could see Adele with Kasabian's frontman Tom Meighan.
    This song is amazing and would be a great Bond Theme. We need something fresh like this.
    That's why I reckon Kasabian with Adele would be an interesting choice. Not so much a duet, but Adele singing in the place of regular frontman Tom Meighan.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    A duet? Than how about those two guys?

Or those two artists:

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Or how about Apocalyptica?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Why don't try Alicia Keys again. She's got her best when singing for OST of Quantum of Solace.
    Dear god. @-)
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 5,745
    Or how about Apocalyptica?
    Reminds me of Garbage. TWINE has one of my favorite songs-that-just-happens-to-be-a-bond-song, not so much my favorite Bond song.

But I could see it. Would fit the new rock sound Eon's got, and has potential to beat out both CR and (definitely) QoS.

Oh and ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! :

Why was this not used?

Hell, even this!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    doubt at all this has any connection to Skyfall...

but... i would be happy should Noel get the gig... i can't remember if it was he (or Liam) who said they've wanted to do a Bond theme.. and you definitely here the Bond theme in this song.
    Hear the potential new Bond theme here :
    You say "potential" as if it could be used. What evidence is there that this song would or could be uesed? Or are you just describing it that way because you think it would make for a good theme?

Hey guys, hear the potential new Bond theme here!

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2011 Posts: 4,399
    wow... someone has some aggression issues.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'd like to see what Hans Zimmer would do with composing Bond music. I haven't ever disliked a thing he's done and I think this time would be no exception.
  • Welcome little billy - but you are noel 'mad for it' gallagher....trumpeting your own cause. my heart is set for adele; bothof them writing a song together nah...his ego would not let it happen. He's is a talented so and so though.

i always liked Hans - Batman scores have been top. but members here don't think he can handle a proper orchestra though.
    Mad fer it our kid! This one defo feels supersonic to me! Give him the gig messieurs Broccoli and Wilson! Give it to a real singer-song writer for a change. Although I do love Chris Cornell's number for CR.
    how about Rush

or yes

This discussion has been closed.