The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »
    @SaintMark, Cary Fukunaga is directing the first or two parts (may direct the second, no confirmation yet) of the retelling of 'IT' next year! Should be two R-rated films, and it'll follow even more closely to the book.

ANd yet I fear that Tim Curry's Pennywise is just to brilliant to be topped.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @SaintMark, I've actually been wondering whether or not I'd prefer Tim to return. I'm sure he won't, as it looks like they'll want a separate fresh stab at it, apart from the 90's miniseries, but he truly is going to be near impossible to top. This raises the tantalizing question of who they think would be best to fill Pennywise's shoes.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @SaintMark, I've actually been wondering whether or not I'd prefer Tim to return. I'm sure he won't, as it looks like they'll want a separate fresh stab at it, apart from the 90's miniseries, but he truly is going to be near impossible to top. This raises the tantalizing question of who they think would be best to fill Pennywise's shoes.

My fear is that without a decent Pennywise the whole reboot of IT might just be a waste of money and talent. The miniseries as they are I find pretty good enough to warrant my lack of interest for a remake.

Recent remakes of scary material all failed to be better than the originals.
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes The Apes steel the show, there are some genuinely jaw dropping moments in this film.
    All in Blu-Ray

-LOTR trilogy (non-extended)
    -The Prestige
    -Leon the proffesional
    -The Shawshank Redemption
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    All in Blu-Ray

-LOTR trilogy (non-extended)
    -The Prestige
    -Leon the proffesional
    -The Shawshank Redemption

Six terrific films there.
  • Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Casablanca on Blu Ray.

I also got the Goldfinger Blu Ray steelbook as one of the Christmas presents from my parents.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Macao
    The Death Wish Collection
    Alfie (1966)
    The Eagle Has Landed
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    CutThroat Island & Edge Of Tomorrow, both on BR.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Young and Innocent, 1937 Hitchcock on blu-ray
    Metropolis: Ultimate Collector's Edition, 1926 Fritz Lang on blu-ray
    Today, on a 3x2 promotion, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Taxi Driver and Bram Stoker's Dracula, the three of them on BR

on Thursday, I bought Iron Man 2 an 3, Thor 1 and 2 and Captain America : First Avenger. Bargain : 30 € for all five.

And I decided to complete my classic Doctor Who collection : the first five Pertwee adventures on Amazon, as well as Lord of the Dance : Dangerous Games, Magic of the Musicals, Jesus Christ Superstar (the first stage version) and "The Heat is On : the Making of Miss Saigon". Now to take the time to watch all that.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 6,432
    All on Bluray...

Robocop (1987)
    The Lego Movie
    Mission Impossible 4
    Dark of the Moon (Worth it for the last hour)
    First Blood
    Citizen Kane
    Independence Day
    E.T.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    HARRY BROWN
    MACHETE
    THE SPIRIT

All on bluray. The only one I have seen, is The Spirit and it was bloody terrific.
    On Bluray...

Superman Unbound.
    The Devil Inside.

DVD...

24 Day 1, plan to revisit all the seasons.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    DAD, Blu Ray. :D
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,009
    Last Monday I bought Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Gods for my bro (I love Dragon Ball, but not its movies), and decided to buy "Castle of Cagliostro" and a personal guilty pleasure: Disney's 1973 Robin Hood. All on BD.

It was quite an "animated" day.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    DAD, Blu Ray. :D

As a comedy that film works reasonably well ;)) On Bluray the car sequence looks pretty good, though the Bond avoiding the heat of the sun, alas looks even worse though I do enjoy this film more than I did.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    51TrtY4gjpL.jpg

10858545-large.jpg

blu-ray-sucker-punch-mundo-surreal-extended-cut-4170-MLA2721703874_052012-O.jpg
    Rebus with John Hannah
  • Once Upon a Time in the West on Bluray. I ^:)^ to its magnificence.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    TOTAL RECALL (1990 BLU RAY).
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2015 Posts: 4,416
    First two from 2015:

DVD: Sword of Honour (2001) 2 part Tv movie with Daniel Craig, now the longest movie from my collection: 200 minutes pall time (3hr,20minutes,08 seconds)
    BD: The Art of Getting By (2011) (BD + DVD)

2kk7wh.jpgtheartofgettingby_blu-ray_large-20111219013316-122485-ab4e12aa1ce8d04a31c248b03e38b301.png
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Night Train To Lisbon
    Maps To The Stars
    10 To Midnight
    The Mechanic
    Assassination
    Once Upon a Time in the West on Bluray. I ^:)^ to its magnificence.

It has always been a brilliant movie not only on bluray.

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Zombie Flesh Eaters on blu-ray. One from the days of video nasties, that is really quite a good horror film. Not just a Romero rip-off a film with it's own plot and pretty good effects for the day. The 'eye' scene is actually more realistic than I remember from the days of VHS.
  • Gone Girl - loved the book, hope the film doesn't disappoint .
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    24 complete seasons 1-8 + Redemption + Live Another Day.

Will be a pleasure to rewatch this brilliant TV show. :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Brooklyn Nine Nine season one, I really love this show. :))