Aston Martin DB10 & Jaguar C-X75 Discussion

jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
edited October 2015 in SPECTRE Posts: 10,586
I've finally got around to creating this thread following the unveiling of the new Aston Martin DB10 on December 4th. I created this thread so we can speculate and discuss the car, exclusively created for the next Bond film, SPECTRE.

Aston-Martin-DB10-Front-Three-Quarter-e1417707100993.jpg

Following the recent comments from Aston Martin's director regarding the special modifications/gadgets in store for the DB10 and how Bond would be using more of his hands, I also thought this would be a great opportunity to start speculating about what kind of "optional extras" the car could have in the movie.
You can read the Top Gear interview here...

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/aston-martin-db10-james-bond-spectre-more-details-2014-12-15

This would also be a great opportunity to discuss the Jaguar C-X75, the concept car that is reported to be one of the villain's choice of vehicle, and what it could have in store for us.

jaguar-c-x75-front-three-quarter-2.jpgAll ideas are welcome but please note that if you have read the leaked script and know any "hidden secrets" about Bond's new luxury automobile, then please stay off this thread.

Comments

K bye.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I think the cars are fantastic
    I am so looking forward to seeing what carnage these motors are going to bring us? :-bd
    Sounds like it's going to be all wired for sound and AI. Isn't there a real danger though that a car with some kind of Qbranch onboard supercomputer that is fluid in it's dynamics and reactions which can independently get on with things (even without the need for Bond to fumble his mobile phone) could out act Craig and steal the limelight a tad?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Is it just me or are there little circular dents in the hood similar to aston-martin-100-years-logo.jpg

459926018.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,586
    New pictures have surfaced showcasing the DB10 and C-X75 being prepared at Pinewood Studios.

jbbr_amdb10_sce_00.jpg
    jbbr_jaguar_CX75.jpg
    jbbr_amdb10_sce_03.jpg
    Ooh! Beautiful. As Jeremy Clarkson would say

I'm having a crisis!
    Footage of the car

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Completely forgot to post that here. Thanks @PropertyOfALady.
    You're welcome, @jake24! As the days tick by, I'm getting more and more excited for November 6.
    My goodness those cars look amazing!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I know. I sure as heck hope Bond doesn't wreck this one. Daniel Craig's Bond has not been very kind at all to his Astons. The DBS in CR and QoS, the DB5 in Skyfall. Let's hope at least one can get by unscathed. Q would be very happy!

You're welcome, @jake24! As the days tick by, I'm getting more and more excited for November 6.
    I'm definitely with you on that one. What kind of “optional extras" do you think the DB10 will have in a modern day context?
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm definitely with you on that one. What kind of “optional extras" do you think the DB10 will have in a modern day context?
    Satnav, MP3 player, cruise control.

I really hope something spectacular. Cram it full of gadgets as far as I'm concerned.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Not DB10 news but I thought still a good place to put this Aston news :)

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/aston-martin-vulcan-teaser-video/
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Vulcan? A new model then? Will it have pointy ears?

• RC7RC7

I reckon it will be 'fully-loaded'. Wouldn't be surprised if it featured some sort of front or rear guns, some new relatively amusing feature, perhaps a take on the slick, maybe something clever with the trims or tyres and here's the kicker, I'm going out on a limb and saying this will have an ejector seat. I basically thought the films were going in a specific direction after CR and QoS, but Mendes and SF started to change that direction dramatically. In fact I didn't think we'd see a gadget heavy vehicle in the entire DC era. My new philosophy is to determine what I absolutely don't think they'll do, because that now seems to be what they will likely do!
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,068
    There's the real possibility it drives itself with AI - they're trying this now with real cars after all and Bros half did this with his phone as a remote control in TND. I forget the exact phrase used in an interview about it but it hinted the car does a whole lot more than just drive.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Double post where i was attempting to edit a typo!

I know. I sure as heck hope Bond doesn't wreck this one. Daniel Craig's Bond has not been very kind at all to his Astons. The DBS in CR and QoS, the DB5 in Skyfall. Let's hope at least one can get by unscathed. Q would be very happy!

:)) Very true, but I get the feeling their maybe some dents or bullet damage may appear? X_X
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Oh he's gonna wreck this one, I'm sure of it :D
  • RC7RC7

:)) Very true, but I get the feeling their maybe some dents or bullet damage may appear? X_X

A report I just read on Superherohype suggests the car will end up...
    In the Tiber.
    RC7 wrote: »

A report I just read on Superherohype suggests the car will end up...
    In the Tiber.

I have not revealed the spoiler as trying to keep what I know to an absolute minimum. X_X
    It should have gadget for the first time. Bond new Aston Martin DB10.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    please bring it back in pristine order. for once.
    After watching the footage the DB10 reminds me of a cross between a Z3 and Z4 in the design of it.
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    That DB10 is a sight for sore eyes, really a hot car. Can't say the Jag does anything for me though, just not my cuppa.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Something more on the design of the DB10. None will go on sale, and some may be destryed. http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/aston-martin-db10-james-bond-spectre-more-details-2014-12-15