Tom Hardy as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007

jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
edited December 2014 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 10,586
I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for this (unless there is, and I missed it), but it was reported in May, 2012, that Tom Hardy was being lined up to play our beloved spy after Craig retires. I believe that this information is highly likely even if it was pure gossip from the tabloids, because Christopher Nolan was being seriously considered to helm SPECTRE before Mendes decided to return. And as most of you know, Nolan, who will most likely be chosen to direct a future Bond film, is a long time collaborator with Tom Hardy.

So what do you think of the possibility of Hardy taking over the role of Bond, James Bond?

Comments

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Ian Flemming?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 267
    jake24 wrote:
    I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for this (unless there is, and I missed it), but it was reported in May, 2012, that Tom Hardy was being lined up to play our beloved spy after Craig retires. I believe that this information is highly likely even if it was pure gossip from the tabloids, because Christopher Nolan was being seriously considered to helm SPECTRE before Mendes decided to return. And as most of you know, Nolan, who will most likely be chosen to direct a future Bond film, is a long time collaborator with Tom Hardy.

So what do you think of the possibility of Hardy taking over the role of Bond, James Bond?

I think he'd be great but he's taken on way too much to take on the role of Bond.

He's Mad Max, supposedly the main character in the Splinter Cell film adaptation and he's gonna be in Suicide Squad. I'm afraid Hardy's possibility as Bond is over, plus several other films in the next few years.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    royale65 wrote: »
    Ian Flemming?
    Whoops, Fleming. You know what I meant.
    That's better.

Tom Hardy would not be a bad choice, but like @Ada said he's got to much on his plate. Plus isn't Hardy on rather the short side? (I saw him in "This Means War" the other day, and Chris Pine towers over him.)
    I don't think Bond is Hardy's style.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Thank you @royale65. Please continue in the above thread.

This discussion has been closed.