It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
^ Back to Top
The MI6 Community is unofficial and in no way associated or linked with EON Productions, MGM, Sony Pictures, Activision or Ian Fleming Publications. Any views expressed on this website are of the individual members and do not necessarily reflect those of the Community owners. Any video or images displayed in topics on MI6 Community are embedded by users from third party sites and as such MI6 Community and its owners take no responsibility for this material.
James Bond News • James Bond Articles • James Bond Magazine
2. Dalton - Like someone else said, I love how he doesn't make a big deal out of it. When others say it, especially Brosnan, it's like they are expecting a standing ovation for simply announcing that they are James Bond. Dalton just throws it out there in a much more realistic way, especially considering he'd just jumped from a plane, done some rock climbing, ridden on top of a jeep at high speeds, plummeted off the edge of a cliff in said Jeep, and had to ride a burning parachute down on top of a nearby boat. Given all of that, I think the more casual delivery works well.
3. Connery - Excellent, and iconic delivery.
4. Moore - OK delivery, but not at the level of Craig, Dalton and Connery.
5. Brosnan - Puts way too much effort into making it sound cool, and as a result, it comes off as anything but cool.
6. Lazenby - Just not a particularly good delivery of the line at all.
Pretty obvious, no? ;;)
2. The Craig Beast - cold, hard. Bond. If anyone were in any doubt, I think that sealed it.
3. The Bros-Man - can't really justify this, it's [not] cool but it's comedy, and to me in my sick little mind, it's (on one or two occasions) really rather sexy...
4. Dalton - some say flat, I say understated, and as cool as anything could possibly be in the 80's!
2. Connery - It's not as bad as some of the others...
3. Craig - Passable.
4. Lazenby - Ever been to a furniture shop?
5. Moore - Like Paris Hilton, flat.
6. Brosnan - The name's Barnd James Barnd.
it's not bad is not enough it is much better than it's not bad ;) and can you explain me your last 3?why Laz is 4. and who is James Barnd?
Re Brosnan: Listen to it carefully, it's all about his pronounciation. If I wanted an american Bond, i'd watch one of the Jack Ryan films.
I love how smug Moore's introduction is, as it really fits his flippant tone in that scene ("Now promise you'll stay right there; I shan't be long!").
2. Craig (Nice job Dan. There is hope for you.)
The other 4. A big meh.
For anyone that somehow remembers I used to be No Dolls Without Dollars on the old forum.
And after seeing that video, Craig is a close second. The way his tone lowers to say James is a great emphasis. It ooozes cool.
Moore would be next from that clip. Again, he realises the importance of emphasising the James with the pause as if there is a THE before the James Bond.
Lazers looks happy that she lived long enough to introduce himself.
The last two are a bit throwaway for me.
Nice point, GoldenRoyal.
2. Sean Connery
3. Pierce Brosnan
4. The rest can't even say it as good as I can...lol
1. Sir Sean Connery
2. Pierce Brosnan
3. Sir Roger Moore
4. George Lazenby
5. Daniel Craig
6. Timothy Dalton
2.) Brosnan/ Craig/ Moore
4.) Lazenby L-)
2)Moore- It must have sounded like blasphemy that someone other than Connery was gonna say that line, especially after Lazenby was poorly received. But as soon as Moore utters those words the viewer knows that Sir Roger has made it his own. That should never be downplayed.
3)Craig- Yes the delivery's alittle stiff but it's still cool as ice and the absolute perfect way to end Casino Royale.
That's as far as the good first introductions go for me.
4)Dalton- I agree with some of the above posters in that I didn't like how Dalton treated it as a throwaway line. This was the first time in 16 years James Bond was going to be played by someone other than Roger Moore. This introduction was to be crucial. And it doesn't work. Luckily Dalton makes up for it with the rest of the movie.
5)Lazenby- He looks and sounds way too gitty while saying this line. A far cry from Connery's first delivery in Dr.No. It seems like Lazenby's failure was being set-up from the start. Once as a child I watched OHMSS with the parents who had never seen Lazenby. My dad loved Connery and my Mom loved Moore. After the OHMSS build-up of shots and Lazenby utters those words they both literally cringed at the same time haha.
6)Brosnan- This was the exact opposite of Dalton's delivery with a baby faced Brosnan delivering the line like a teenager practicing in front of a mirror. It draws so much attention to itself and feels so unnatural and cheesy it's almost as if the film is saying "Wait for it here it comes. And.......... James Bond is back". Atleast they made Craig earn it before he said the line. But it seemed like they couldn't wait to film Brosnan say it.
Brosnan makes it sound like "Bitch please im Batman" which is suave and cool
Moore makes it sound like we got a badass over here
Craig sounds so mono and woodern but he does do a good pause
Lazenby sounds so chirpy and it just doesnt seem right
Dalton- Just a throwaway line makes up for it by surviving the script of Licence to Kill
I know its cheesey but I've always liked Brosnan's delivery in GE. Of course its staged - they even stop the music just to hear him say it - but frankly I don't mind. That line has been staged since the very beginning. At least Brosnan seemed to know the line mattered - unlike Dalton.
Can you blame him for practicing in front of the mirror? Literally everyone in the world and their brother is going to be waiting for him - Pierce Brosnan - to say the line.
I think his delivery in DAD is his best though.
Craig, meh. The build up was great but his delivery was a bit flat to me.
Can't beat Connery and Moore though.
Lazenby - meh.
2. Moore - I like how calm and easy Moore says it. No big deal, he got all the time in the world it feels like.
3. Craig - As with Connery and Moore, I like the timing. It's not a big pause, just enough to bring out a smile on your face waiting for Craig to say the line for the first time.
4. Brosnan - It's a bit cheesy way of saying the line, but it doesn't matter that much to me, really.
5. Dalton - It doesn't make me cringe, but I've always felt that Dalton says it to quickly - even as a throwaway line.
6. Lazenby - OHMSS is a great movie, one of my favourites, but the way Lazenby says the line has always bothered me. For me, the film doesn't get good before the first scene with Draco.
One of the best and iconic moments in cinema history.
2. Roger Moore.
3. Daniel Craig.
4. Sean Connery.
5. Timothy Dalton
6. George Lazenby.
This isn't my order of fav Bond actors, just their delivery.
4. Moore - really don't get why people like this so much
5. Dalton - just a bit.......meh.
6. Lazenby - I was cringing when I first saw that from OHMSS. Just terrible.