Spectre wish list

Comments

• RC7RC7
    As a general wish I've always wanted to a hear a Philip Glass Bond score. Not going to happen, obviously.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    As principle photography is about to start relatively soon, there are a few things I really want and am nervous about. This is what I want:

Gun barrel at the start.

Newman NOT composing the musical score.

Joanne Froggat to not be cast as a leading Bond girl.

The music of the theme song to be interwoven as part of the score.

Just a tiny bit more use of musical cues from the Bond theme.

Excluding London no more than 3 geographical locations.

A truly breath taking and memorable stunt.

the leading Bond girl to survive.

Bond to have a badass physical altercation moment. (See Bourne take out those 2 guys during the holding/interrogation scene when he arrives in Naples in Supremacy to see what I mean).

Bond to have vicious, visceral fist fights.

a memorable main villain and henchman.

glamorous locations and interiors.

time for the movie to let audiences absorb the atmosphere of the locations.

a real sense of threat and a plot that makes the movie a compelling action thriller.

a car chase that's as thrilling as the opening to QoS but obviously better filmed and edited.

No shake cam and quick cut edits.

any use of dodgy cgi should have the camera pan far back to avoid any obviousness but ideally no dodgy cgi in the first place.

More thrilling, innovative and engaging action set pieces.

An overall sexy film.

Bond's character to still be aggressively intense but for him to be a bit more cavalier with his life and for him to enjoy the perks of being a secret agent.

EMILY BLUNT.
    Idris Elba as a villain; main villain or henchman.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Idris Elba as a villain; main villain or henchman.

I think he can be ruled out of the ICONIC henchman role now if they want a giant of a man ala Jaws?
    Another wish: Not too many locations please! Ideally a Bond movie should have 3 locations: London + 2 foreign places (at least one of them exotic).
  • If Bond 24 has scenes from Tangier I would love to see perhaps an outside shot of Palais Mendoub. think this would be really nice or maybe have Bond go past and quip "I once dealt with a looney American who thought Hitler was a hero in that place" "no stopping for photographs here please". But really if the Bond team are heading for Morocco and Tangier it would be a shame to not have a small reference to nod from TLD.
    No references like that, ever, please.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    If Bond 24 has scenes from Tangier I would love to see perhaps an outside shot of Palais Mendoub. think this would be really nice or maybe have Bond go past and quip "I once dealt with a looney American who thought Hitler was a hero in that place" "no stopping for photographs here please". But really if the Bond team are heading for Morocco and Tangier it would be a shame to not have a small reference to nod from TLD.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    No references like that, ever, please.
    Perhaps Bond will finally get his magic carpet ride, this time around. Fingers crossed.
    The carpet ride itself was pretty dire, but the accompanying location footage would have added nicely to the film.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    How about this new gadget from Q branch? Well, it's not perfect, but can improve...

lelurift.gif
  • - Mark Strong as the villain
    - Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson as his henchman
    - Asia Argento as the villain's girlfriend
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    GalaSilva wrote: »
    - Mark Strong as the villain
    - Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson as his henchman
    Strongman and Strong. Too strong for you? I could learn to like it.

MGW, I know you're reading this. Give the people what they want!
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Jack Nicholson as baddie in a Javier Bardem mood?

shiningggggggg.gif
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I'm hoping that, if Craig only is doing two more films, they finally do the OHMSS/YOLT arc justice. OHMSS would have to be largely altered/updated except for the ending, but a faithful YOLT could be amazing. Craig is the perfect actor for that story.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    1) GB in the front. C'mon Sam, you're killing me. 2) Big huge brassy 'Surrender' type theme at the beginning of the movie. 3) Blofeld holds the white cat. 4) "KEEL BOND. NOW." 5) Don't trash the AM. That's it.
    [q) Don't trash the AM. That's it.[/quote]
    I agree with you. They should make crash proof. It need couple of gadgets.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Gunbarrel at the beginning.
    Better score from Thomas Newman.
    Blofeld to not be Bald nor have a Persian cat.
    and
    No scene recreations from other Bond movies. (I really hope they don't try to remake OHMSS..)
  • I would like to see a Non-Bond Pre Titles that does not contains Bond. This would last up to 15 minutes or more, and feature perhaps a plane crash in the Alps, with perhaps the death of Mr White. The SPECTRE agents could release blood from Mr White's body, to throw off the scent MI6 who mistake the body's blood type for a villain, perhaps a terrorist that is not Mr White.
  • I would like to see:

Gun barrel at the start
    Moneypenny only as a secretary
    The aston martin with gadgets (but not too sci-fi gadgets).
    Reference to other 00 agents
    Final showdown between 007 and Mr White
    Return of Quantum, and explanation of their absence in Skyfall
    Memorable main villain and henchman AND good fights with villain and henchman
    More James Bond theme.
    My wish is that EON Productions would drop this whole idea of reviving SPECTRE and Blofeld in the first place. There is nothing more unoriginal than artistically trying to relive the past.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I would like to see a Non-Bond Pre Titles that does not contains Bond. This would last up to 15 minutes or more, and feature perhaps a plane crash in the Alps, with perhaps the death of Mr White. The SPECTRE agents could release blood from Mr White's body, to throw off the scent MI6 who mistake the body's blood type for a villain, perhaps a terrorist that is not Mr White.

Nice and original opening.

That should halt any criticisms that Bond is just copying Nolan again.

bane-voice-comparisons-07282012-114327.jpg
    edited December 2014 Posts: 9,117
    double post

edited December 2014 Posts: 9,117
    Triple post. Cheers Iphone
    I think the DB10 should be invisible again.
    what I would like is for Quantum to hire Spectre to kill 007 I would like Quantum to be more powerfull the Spectre and I'd like Denbigh to be a Quantum agent NOT a spectre agent.
  • Here's mine:

1. Traditional gun barrel at the start, as already mentioned by others.
    2. The same realistic feel and complex Bond we have seen in the other three Craig films.
    3. Seaside locations and music which bring about the feel of the old films without any 4. silly gadgets or gags so that it doesn't depart too much from the new feel.
    5. A gritty, interesting Blofeld with the right balance between methodical, humorless mastermind and crazed, deluded maniac.
    6. At least one appearance of the cat.
    7. Felix Leiter, still played by Wright.
    8. An interesting Bond girl who, like others such as Honey and Camille, gives Bond reason to question his sexism.
    9. A guarantee that they won't kill off Felix (I wouldn't put it past them after poor Mathis).
    10. The Garden of Death.
    11. An interesting discussion about morality between Bond and a friend, such as those he used to have with Mathis and with Felix in the books.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Gun barrel at the start
    Better music score than SF
    A great title song
    A great villain
    Excellent actors and actresses
    A memorable henchman like Jaws
    Bring romance back just like in CR
    Isn't it time to start which wish might turn out to be true?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Safe bet to say the gunbarrel will be at the start.