Mr. Hinx - discussion

Bautisa is one huge dude and man is the guy incredibly humble. Just look at his twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/davebautista

He towered over everyone at the press-launch and it was particularly funny that they paired him off with Ben Whishaw. I can't wait to see Batista vs Bond. More importantly though, how do we think or want Mr. Hinx to look? I hope Dave keeps his tattoos and if anything the Spectre team give him a whole bunch more.

8129.jpg

batista-back-tattoo-20131.jpg

I think Mr. Hinx should be known by his tattoos. Maybe they could go in this direction?:

article-2051604-0E76B3F900000578-383_306x510.jpg

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,448
    I'm still in doubts about the name of "Mr. Hinx". That's a name you come up with when you want to parody the recent Bonds. It's something I'd expect from another Austin Powers film to be honest. Seriously, the character of Jinx may very well be the most mocked character in the Bond series since the turn of the century. Why then would they insist on so similar a name? That's as if Lucas had given us a character called Bar-Bar Jinks in Clones. So while I have no problem whatsoever with Bautista as an enforcer, I am still in denial about his character's name. Again I ask, exactly how official is this name "Hinx"? Please tell me it's a joke.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Mendes introduced him as Mr Hinx so that's that.

They are obviously looking for a very formidable henchman. Giving him blue skin (argyria) or something crazy like that, combined with his massive figure, will hopefully make him really memorable.

Better than Elvis, anyway...
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,432
    I like Dave Bautista think he will be good in the role, as far as his character name it is veering into Mr Kill or Jinx territory not as bad admittedly. The character will no doubt make the name.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I'm happy for Bautista, he's landing some great roles and I'm eager to see him in Spectre. Many of us have been hoping for a henchman/villain that would truly challenge Bond physically. It appears we are getting that with the addition of Bautista.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Too close to Jinx for my taste.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 1,778
    Believe me if you followed his career you'd know he's anything but humble. He's keeping quite because this is only his second big film but if you read his book you'd realize the guy has a seriously inflated sense of self-worth. It wouldn't surprise me if in a few years he'll think he should play James Bond.
  • The name "Hinx" must be a cover for the name of the character we all know Bautista will really be playing. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Believe me if you followed his career you'd know he's anything but humble. He's keeping quite because this is only his second big film but if you read his book you'd realize the guy has a seriously inflated sense of self-worth. It wouldn't surprise me if in a few years he'll think he should play James Bond.

You do realize Wrestlers are actors right? :p
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I would like to see his character be a very refined fellow who is a man of few words, dresses in style and is extremely charming, until,he does SPECTRE's bidding; then he moves with swift, brutal, devistating effiecncy.
  • They said they were looking for the next Jaws, but who knows, Bautista could be the next Red Grant.
  • Murdock wrote: »

Yes I know. But I'm talking about his non-wrestling interviews, backstage stories,his book and other people's books. He's got a horrible reputation. He's not even a good dude. He cheated on his wife constantly with trashy strippers while his wife was battling cancer.

Ask any wrestling fan and they'll tell you Bautista (or Batista) is an ego maniac with delusions of grandure. Just trust me on this one.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Murdock wrote: »

Yes I know. But I'm talking about his non-wrestling interviews, backstage stories,his book and other people's books. He's got a horrible reputation. He's not even a good dude. He cheated on his wife constantly with trashy strippers while his wife was battling cancer.

Ask any wrestling fan and they'll tell you Bautista (or Batista) is an ego maniac with delusions of grandure. Just trust me on this one.

Seriously, he pulled a John Edwards? If this is true, then IMHO the guy is trash.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I can't wait for Bond to go up against this guy. He's huge. And I agree, argyria would be very interesting and a throwback to the old classic villains with their defects/deformities. Very excited indeed by how they are going to use him.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Has anyone considered that Mr.Hinx could actually be Blofeld?
    The character as originally written by Fleming was a physically massive man, standing 6 foot 3 and weighing 300 pounds.
    It's not then inconceivable that Dave Bautista could be Blofeld.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't care about Bautista's personal life, I just want him to do a great job in SPCTR.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Benny, It would be quite an interesting twist it it were true. :)
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    I don't care about Bautista's personal life, I just want him to do a great job in SPCTR.

I understand. I'm just letting you know that he's far from humble or gracious. Actions speak much louder than words.
    As a pro wrestling/wwe watcher of 17 years I can't honestly say how excited I am for Batista to be SPECTRE. His presence in the film IMO makes this more 10x better. Im more excited to see big Dave than Waltz
  • fjdinardo wrote: »
    As a pro wrestling/wwe watcher of 17 years I can't honestly say how excited I am for Batista to be SPECTRE. His presence in the film IMO makes this more 10x better. Im more excited to see big Dave than Waltz

I'll take acting ability over muscles any day. Waltz is in a class all to himself.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    He fits the physical type they were trying to cast. My biggest problem is simply the name of the character. I hate it . I was sure it was just a "placeholder name" - I mean, that name is actually one of the worst possible. An inside joke? I don't know. It just strongly reminds me of Jinx, one of the most universally derided and disliked Bond characters. It is a completely stupid name in my opinion. Did I say I hate it? Yes, I do.

Hopefully he will just play an interesting character with some sort of aplomb and get the job done. I am glad he is not a major character, although I expect a good amount of screen time for a henchman. I don't care about his personal life (which sounds atrocious) - I just care about SPECTRE being a great Bond film. I think they will use him well. Just wish the character had a different name. I honestly don't know what they were thinking in giving him this utterly ridiculous name.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I'll take acting ability over muscles any day. Waltz is in a class all to himself.

Im not knocking Waltz at all Im very excited to see him in the movie as swell just not exciting as Batista
    Maybe Hinx is really Blofeld!!
  • My gut feeling is Ralph Fiennes will be Blofeld.
    My gut feeling is Ralph Fiennes will be Blofeld.

IDK I mean he played one of the greatest villains in movie history as Lord Voldemort does he really want to play another villain? But he maybe he does. Being Voldemort and Blofeld he might go down as the greatest actor to play a villain ever.
  • fjdinardo wrote: »
    My gut feeling is Ralph Fiennes will be Blofeld.

IDK I mean he played one of the greatest villains in movie history as Lord Voldemort does he really want to play another villain? But he maybe he does. Being Voldemort and Blofeld he might go down as the greatest actor to play a villain ever.

Just a hunch that if the next film is about a wolf in the fold, Mallory could be that Wolf. If S.P.E.C.T.R.E. takes the Winter Soldier route it is feasable.

The only concern i have over him? Is surely they could have come up with a better name than Mr Hinx?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I think many of us will keep echoing that refrain for months, if not years.

But if that is my only complaint, the only thing that bugs me about this film I will be overjoyed.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The name aside, I'm very happy to have a henchman back. :) he's a big bloke
    Who looks like he could cause plenty of problems for 007. Can't wait to
    See their confrontation on screen. :D
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 14,799
    I don't mind the name. It sounds sharp and nasty. I am glad we will not have another blond clone of Red Grant, or a Grant on steroids. I think we might have the first truly "new" muscleman since Gobinda.