Z is For sleep: your WORST movie EVER

Comments

Sex and the City 2 made me ashamed to be an American.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    That's a good call @ltwftw, but why do you think it stinks so much?
  • Sex and the City 2 made me ashamed to be an American.
    That's a good call @ltwftw, but why do you think it stinks so much?
    I know you're not asking me, but I despised the product placements that seemed to come along every few seconds. One of them would say "Look! Dior!" and in the next shot they're all wearing Dior with a close-up on the logo.

Oh, and the acting was crap and there was no plotline. And SJP looks even more equine than normal...

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Catwoman followed closely by The Human Centipede.
    THC is a classic, sir. I can't wait for its sequel. ;;)
    I ranked CW ahead of THC, because at least THC had some originality besides Halle Berry butchering a franchise.

I actually considered going to see the sequel because I heard the premise, but not a single theatre in my local area (and there's a lot of them) is brave enough to show it.
    Same problem here, sir. ;;)
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Okay....

Batman And Robin:
    The only movie that I've had to turn off and come back. On the DVD you see what went wrong, WB cut all the good bits, Chris Chris O'Donnell wanted out but couldn't and the lines are sooooooooo bad.... How to ruin a franchise in under two and a half hours....

Spiderman 3:
    OMG!!!! For an action film there isn't much action. Deciding to focus on the character side worked for batman BUT THEY HAD AN EXTRA HOUR!!!! And who knew three villains could be so boring....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2011 Posts: 28,694

Spiderman 3
    SUCH A THING NEVER EXISTED. %-(
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

Spiderman 3
    I'm proud to say I've still never seen it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Spiderman 3
    Count yourself lucky-Uhhhhh...I mean I have no idea what I was just talking about @Samuel....but if I had to make something clear...DON'T SEE IT! Uhh.......I AM BATMAN!

*I rustle out of the thread in a wave of my cowl*
  • surely at least one of the tomb raiders deserves a spot

actually, the first one had jodie in a shower and starred daniel craig, so i guess TR 2 sucked more

Spiderman 3
    Count yourself lucky-Uhhhhh...I mean I have no idea what I was just talking about @Samuel....but if I had to make something clear...DON'T SEE IT! Uhh.......I AM BATMAN!

*I rustle out of the thread in a wave of my cowl*
    I'll watch the first two before the new one comes out (even though it takes us back to square one again) but have no plans to watch the third due to all the bad things I've heard about it.

I've also only ever seen the first Transformers once. Another series of films I hate. And Pirates...God I'm in a bad mood tonight! X(
    surely at least one of the tomb raiders deserves a spot

actually, the first one had jodie in a shower and starred daniel craig, so i guess TR 2 sucked more
    The second was actually the far better film.
    @Samuel you've seen Spiderman 1 and 2 right?
    @Samuel you've seen Spiderman 1 and 2 right?
    Yes but only in 2002 and 2004 respectively. As I said I plan to watch them again next year, I remember really liking them.
    Spiderman 2 is by far the best superhero movie of all time. And before anyone rages, TDK is not a superhero film!
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,856
    @Brady I'm guessing you said that because batman has no superpowers so iron man is discounted as well.

@samuel PIRATES!!!!!!!!!! :O Well I did put your in the title. Better change that to my... ;-)
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 303
    Well; Worst film i've seen at cinemas has definately got to be 'Pirates of the Carrabean 4', i never wanted to go and see it, but it was for my brother's birthday, and by-god was it terrible.

Worst films i've seen:
    - Ice Age 2
    - Transformers 2
    - Pirates 3&4
    - Madagascar

(For some reason, i have managed to steer away from many bad films in my life)
    @Brady I'm guessing you said that because batman has no superpowers so iron man is discounted as well.

@samuel PIRATES!!!!!!!!!! :O Well I did put your in the title. Better change that to my... ;-)

#-O Nail on the head @Virage.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Just Sex and the City 2?

If I had the choice of watching SATC 2 or living the rest of my life in North Korea, I'd closely analyze Kim Il-Jung's health before making this decision.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh, God, I forgot about Spider-Man 3. I pretend like I never saw that film - like it was never created. Another one that is HIGH up on my list: Did You Hear About The Morgans? was just trash. I would rather put a campfire out with my face than see that eye-vomit again.
    Oh, God, I forgot about Spider-Man 3. I pretend like I never saw that film - like it was never created.
    Hey! I don't think what you speak of is real. I only remember Spiderman 1 & 2. ;-)
    @0Brady, same, same...I think they just chose to reboot it after the second one. ;-)
    @0Brady, same, same...I think they just chose to reboot it after the second one. ;-)
    I still have no idea what you are talking about
    ;-) but I have frightening memories of Saturday Night Fever whenever I think of Spiderman. No idea why though ;-) .
    I heard the craziest rumor from friends a year back as well, something about a 4th Indiana Jones! I told them it wasn't possible. I said there was no way George Lucas would compromise such a great franchise as Indiana Jones. I mean he's never done that to a popular franchise before. He never overwrites scripts for the sole act of continuing the franchise, never. ;-) I told them they were insane for believing such a rumor. I told them Spielberg would never agree to a fourth Indy. He set Crusades up with the ending with Indy and company riding into the sunset just to end the TRILOGY. Why would he compromise his word. He never does that. ;-) Heck, my friends even mumbled something about Marion returning and some son Indy had. Phhhhptttt please. And then they put together some story that the film was set in the 50s. Yeah right. An Indy without Nazis? They'd never do that. ;-) I knew they were joking when they mentioned some plot about aliens. ;-) But I'm so glad something like that never ever happened. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Yep, well it appears my sarcasm meter is full for the night.
    @0Brady, whew! And I was saying I think they chose to reboot it (The Amazing Spider-Man, out next year) after the second one, therefore hinting that I totally try to disregard that the third one was ever made. As for Spielberg, he's such an on and off guy. He makes a beauty like Munich, then turns around and makes War Horse, which, to me, just looks way too slow and dull for my tastes.
    Spielberg has definitely deflated in the last few years. He seems not to be giving his hard-hitting best like days of old.
    And now they have him lined up for a $150 million film on Noah's Ark. So many huge movies are been greenlit lately that I just don't think can make a profit. Just read today that the upcoming 'John Carter of Mars' has to make $700 million to even spark talks of a sequel.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    SUPERMAN 4 (I watched this film in perennial WTF mode)
    STARCRASH (not even Barry's score can save this "film")

• Try and 'watch' a Seagal movie called On Deadly Ground if you ever get the chance

This was about the time Steve went from great stuff like Under Siege to straight to video fare, it's about as awful a movie as you'll ever see

Anyone who's seen it, needs no explanation
  • An even bigger headscratcher is how did they manage to get Michael Caine to star in it!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Caine, who never turns down a film? Yeah, that's a headscratcher. ;-)
  • @0Brady, same, same...I think they just chose to reboot it after the second one. ;-)
    I still have no idea what you are talking about
    ;-) but I have frightening memories of Saturday Night Fever whenever I think of Spiderman. No idea why though ;-) .
    I heard the craziest rumor from friends a year back as well, something about a 4th Indiana Jones! I told them it wasn't possible. I said there was no way George Lucas would compromise such a great franchise as Indiana Jones. I mean he's never done that to a popular franchise before. He never overwrites scripts for the sole act of continuing the franchise, never. ;-) I told them they were insane for believing such a rumor. I told them Spielberg would never agree to a fourth Indy. He set Crusades up with the ending with Indy and company riding into the sunset just to end the TRILOGY. Why would he compromise his word. He never does that. ;-) Heck, my friends even mumbled something about Marion returning and some son Indy had. Phhhhptttt please. And then they put together some story that the film was set in the 50s. Yeah right. An Indy without Nazis? They'd never do that. ;-) I knew they were joking when they mentioned some plot about aliens. ;-) But I'm so glad something like that never ever happened. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Yep, well it appears my sarcasm meter is full for the night.
    they had an indy without nazis before, its called temple of doom. But i agree they should never have made another indy. The third one was the perfect way to finish up, but they couldnt leave well enough alone. Marion returning was ok imho. The aleins idea was stupid, because whats unique about the other films is they portray different religions (according to spielberg). Raiders was judeism, TOD was hinduism, and crusade was christianity. So the religion portrayed in KOTCS, was, alienism??? they ruined a perfectly good franchise that should've stayed in the 80s.
  • I haven't seen Indiana Jones 4, but thought straight away when they went ahead with it, 'Ford is too old for this' , he even looked a bit past it as far back as Clear and Present Danger and Air Force One I felt, and getting the old whip and hat out again in 2008 at 66 years of age, well, I guess ol' Harrison was in need of some extra pay or had something to prove :-??

I always thought the best was the first, at least Ford, at 39 at the time actually looked like a feasible action hero