Care to discuss via Facebook or Skype?

edited November 2014 in General Discussion Posts: 11,119
I was wondering this, because I sometimes feel a bit misunderstood on the forum. And I think I'm not the only one. Perhaps we sometimes get lost in our passion too much, hence that I sometimes loose empathy or understanding for other forummembers, amidst the heat of the discussion. Moreover, we don't see or hear each other, so that can create even more misunderstanding.

I'm always trying to re-assess my posting behaviour, especially after forummembers think I have been a "bad boy" towards others. And I can understand people think I'm "narcistic" when they read my messages and its style. But, I don't want to be. I don't do it on purpose. I really feel bad if I have offended people, without actually knowing it. And in order to understand each other better, it could be a great idea if some people really like to get in touch via Facebook or perhaps even Skype.

I really welcome real-life conversations about the Bond franchise. And also, sometimes the typing is quite tiresome also :-P. Using Facebook and Skype could create some more understanding and can even create friendships. It can also indirectly assist the moderators in having a nice and friendly atmosphere in here.

So please hit me up on Skype: gert.waterink, Yahoo: [email protected] or Whatsapp: +34672398887. You'll find I'm not a bad boy. Just a passionate, critical, but positive admirer of the Bond films :-). Hugs, Gert (Gustav_Graves)

Comments

I think skype would be a great idea, especially if you can have a group chat like you have conference calls!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    In certain ways our community here is like Facebook already (in a positive way). For one thing, it's certainly the most modern looking of the four main James Bond forums out there and I'm glad that the 2011 Committee won out in the end. All of that said, if any member here wants to contact me or another member via Facebook or Twitter I'll happily PM them my link. :)
    I am guys. You can always hit me up on my Skype ID: gert.waterink :-). Feel free to add me. I'm always up for a fierce discussion about Her Majesty's Secret Agent :-). Especially now the 24th (unofficially already the 26th film with the character Bond) is coming up rapidly.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    In certain ways our community here is like Facebook already (in a positive way). For one thing, it's certainly the most modern looking of the four main James Bond forums out there and I'm glad that the 2011 Committee won out in the end. All of that said, if any member here wants to contact me or another member via Facebook or Twitter I'll happily PM them my link. :)

Maybe, but I'm also talking about doing a real conf.call....with face and sound. I sometimes feel that......it is hard to express certain things only in written form. You don't see each other, and you might get a slightly distorted impression about certain people.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Maybe, but I'm also talking about doing a real conf.call....with face and sound. I sometimes feel that......it is hard to express certain things only in written form. You don't see each other, and you might get a slightly distorted impression about certain people.

Yes, sorry. I was not meaning to put down the idea, just that this site is very advanced with notifications and things and that is why I love it so much. I've been really meaning to contribute to more of your very interesting threads but I've been so busy of late that I've not had much of a chance. Time to put that right...

P.S. I'm afraid I'm not on Skype but I wish you all the very best with this idea.

D.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I cannot Skype from where I live, but I think that is a great idea for those who can!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm also up for a Skype group chat.
  • I'll do it
    ok, well guys? My skype ID is gert.waterink . Please add my. Moreover, love to discuss in real now about Bond. I really have the feeling that I can't express myself that well at times on here :-).
    This would be fun sometime. How many people could join in the conversation at once?
  • I'd also join a Skype conversation :)
    Just to be clear....I like to meet new friends from this forum. So I also welcome a conference call of any sort. But please note that for such an option in Skype you need to pay. At least, with cam on.
    I fail to understand the point of this thread if you do not accept my contact request on Skype nor you answer to my messages...

• Walecs wrote: »
    I fail to understand the point of this thread if you do not accept my contact request on Skype nor you answer to my messages...

Hey Walecs. I honestly did not get any invite :-S. Or it must have skipped my attention. Please add me again: gert.waterink . Sorry for the inconvenience @Walecs.

@Gustav_Graves No problem, sorry if I sounded a bit rude, I had no intention to do so.
    Anyway, I've been searching for your contact, and found 5 different ones with that name. I sent the contact request to all of them (which I had already done some time ago), not sure which one is you.
    How are you doing anyway @Walecs :-)? We haven't spoken for a while on Skype ;-). Looking forward to "SPECTRE"?
    Yeah, of course! You're right, it's been too long, we should have a chat one of these days. Make a call next time you see me online.
    Okay, let's do that ;-).
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @Gustav_Graves

One of the reasons I like this site so much is here I can say what I'm thinking of things without getting bashed for it (unlike IMDB where I practically stopped posting).
    Even if I give the most irritating of opinions the reactions have civility.
    To skype or whatsapp or FaceTime with some of the people here would be quite fascinating.

But I can understand if there is not much interest around. People like anonymity in general, except maybe the younger generations who are accustomed to being on social media all the time.
    I mean, go and watch a couple of episodes of the new TV Show Scream and you'll feel old....even if you're only 30ish or a bit below.

There is a thread where we can post our pictures of ourselves. That's fabulous really.
    My avatar is the real me as I don't mind putting my face out there. But again, that's not for everyone and it certainly is ok not to show oneself in avatars.

If anyone is brave enough to talk to me face to face I'll do it :))
    And we seriously need to get in contact more....and escape the social media by actually trying to get to know each other better face-to-face...or via Skype :-).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think this is a great idea, but sadly being an old git. I don't Facebook or
    Would even know how to Skype. Also my appearance has been know to
    Frighten the Elephant man.
    For the more technical members, I think it would be advantageous in
    Discussing more complicated ideas. :)
    Anonymity is very important to a lot of people.

Not for me :))

http://facebook.com/Jason.Stephen.Bond

but don't ask me for nude pics...I only show them to people from Ohio and Minneapolis (looking at you @Murdock and @PropertyOfALady )

:))

nah, seriously, GG is right, people who have no shame like me are invited to FB chat, Skype or whatever it is to show their tits...bits...Bond memorabilia!

@Thunderfinger of course will never. He is a myth. A living myth. :))
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited August 2016 Posts: 4,382
    facebook.com/imakethosegoodgirlsgobad

Here's mine. Feel free to talk if you desire. I just request that you include your user name here just so I can match it up.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @BondJasonBond006, I've heard tell that @Thunderfinger is just highly advanced computer code. It's an account with no man behind it, only binary chaos with a mind of its own. Legend tells that he makes Ultron hide under his motherboard.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thunder4inger? ;)
  • I have added you guys :-D!
    GG you are as sweet as a sugar cube :)

The enormous respond to this thread is staggering. All those people wanting to chat with us on Facebook or Skype. Incredible...where will I get the time to do it all...
    I'm already on Facebook and chat with you chaps.
    Nope,not for me,sorry chaps.