GOTHAM (TV Series 2014 – )

Comments

I think Fish is meant to be annoying. Really skeptical about the show: Bruce is a child and his rogue gallery is developing exponentially. By the time Batman shows up they'll be close to retirement age.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 47
    I see you changed the description of the show an added a picture at the front page Dalton12 . You have a good looking thread here but I think it wont last long. =))
    Really enjoyed the last episode. Hope they can keep up this momentum.
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the last episode. Hope they can keep up this momentum.

I hope so too.
    I hope this marks the point where the series begins to find its voice.
    In the next episode Bruce will start to learn how to fight .

tumblr_nehw7xpBh91qems7ao1_500.gif
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Best part of the episode, right there.
  • The last episode was one of the best drama TV episode I ever saw, and I'm 52 years old. James Gordon is awesome, the direction Gotham takes is excellent and the young actor playing Bruce Wayne doesn't get enough credit, he plays a young Wayne just right.

It's been a long long time since I've enjoyed a tv show that much, not since Star Trek The Next Generation.

I hope they'll keep up the good work.
    The last episode was one of the best drama TV episode I ever saw, and I'm 52 years old. James Gordon is awesome, the direction Gotham takes is excellent and the young actor playing Bruce Wayne doesn't get enough credit, he plays a young Wayne just right.

It's been a long long time since I've enjoyed a tv show that much, not since Star Trek The Next Generation.

I hope they'll keep up the good work.

Glad to see another fan of the show.

giphy.gif
    GOTHAM: 'Two-Face' Is Teased In More "Harvey Dent" Promo Pics

Gotham-ep109__scn28_15041_hires2_595_slogo.jpg

4L3S2rO.jpg
    Batman will be fighting geriatric villains
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'll have to check it out, I'm hearing loads of good reviews for it.
    GOTHAM: It Seems 'Gordon' & 'Dr. Thomkins' Will Be More Than Just Friends
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=110699
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 1,107
    I liked the new episode. While it wasn't as compelling as Penguin's umbrella, it kept the high quality and strayed away from most of the silliness which plagued the first few episodes. It seems that they are learning to minimize the weaker elements and maintain a level of seriousness even though the show does have its humorous moments. I thought the majority of the storylines for the episode worked well save Nygma who got more screentime than needed imo. Other than that though, Jim, Bullock, Bruce , Alfred, Black Mask, and even Fish and Barbara all delivered.

With Fish in particular , we got a bit of humanity from her and at least got a hint that she's more than just an over the top mobster. I also liked that the storylines thematically seemed to all be on the same page as opposed to the early episodes in which you had various themes with no unity to link them together. I also liked the character moments with Bruce and Alfred. I almost get the impression that Alfred himself may have grown up in a rough part of town ,and may have even been a hooligan himself in his youth, which is an interesting interpretation of the character.
    Wonder if we'll see both Tommy Elliot and young Roman Sionis?

All in all, a solid episode , and I'm glad to see they didn't back slide after Penguin's umbrella.

vW8CbZ7.jpg
  • Dalton12 wrote: »
    I liked the new episode. While it wasn't as compelling as Penguin's umbrella, it kept the high quality and strayed away from most of the silliness which plagued the first few episodes. It seems that they are learning to minimize the weaker elements and maintain a level of seriousness even though the show does have its humorous moments. I thought the majority of the storylines for the episode worked well save Nygma who got more screentime than needed imo. Other than that though, Jim, Bullock, Bruce , Alfred, Black Mask, and even Fish and Barbara all delivered.

With Fish in particular , we got a bit of humanity from her and at least got a hint that she's more than just an over the top mobster. I also liked that the storylines thematically seemed to all be on the same page as opposed to the early episodes in which you had various themes with no unity to link them together. I also liked the character moments with Bruce and Alfred. I almost get the impression that Alfred himself may have grown up in a rough part of town ,and may have even been a hooligan himself in his youth, which is an interesting interpretation of the character.
    Wonder if we'll see both Tommy Elliot and young Roman Sionis?

All in all, a solid episode , and I'm glad to see they didn't back slide after Penguin's umbrella.

vW8CbZ7.jpg

Boy, I did really enjoy young Bruce hitting the son of a bi...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bruce beating that little shyte with a rolex no less. Brilliant.
    He deserves it .

giphy.gif
    'The Graysons' Might Swing Into GOTHAM At Some Point This Season
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=110833
    New GOTHAM Featurette Focuses On Alfred & Bruce's Relationship

I'll say it again:

1. The best to date portrayal of the pre-Batman Bruce Wayne. Precocious, obsessive, genius, driven, dark, brooding, slight sparkle of humanity, hopeful, with a large shadow. If you don't believe this kid could become the Bat, there's no hope for you.
    2. Three cheers to Mr. Pertwee for being familiar with the source material. A fine actor, indeed.

It is uncanny how much Sean Pertwee looks and sounds like his father.
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    'The Graysons' Might Swing Into GOTHAM At Some Point This Season
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=110833

This is way too early.
    I'd be cool with that. Who says Bruce couldn't have met the Graysons before he went to the circus that day? Maybe they've met before and been in a life-threatening situation or something and formed a bond of some kind. And that's why Bruce was motivated to adopt Dick instead of just out of the blue paying off social services or whatever happened in the comics. The exact details have changed over time so who's to say this can't have happened at some point?
    He's a bit young to adopt. And I hope there is still a respectable age gap between Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne. I love everything about the show, or almost. Everything except the absence of Batman. And the portrayal of the Penguin. Or rather the way he was written.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    He's a bit young to adopt. And I hope there is still a respectable age gap between Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne. I love everything about the show, or almost. Everything except the absence of Batman. And the portrayal of the Penguin. Or rather the way he was written.

Dick Grayson will not be introduced but his future parents.
    Well I hope it wouldn't be Dick! My issue so far with the show is that too many elements of the Batman mytho are introduced too early.
    This is funny :D
    Hilarious GOTHAM Parody
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2014 Posts: 28,694
    "The Mask" was a really strong episode and brought me back after losing some of the momentum I had with the show. Definitely one of the stronger episodes.

I loved seeing Sionis and his mask affinity, as well as Gordon going full on badass and taking all of them goons to school in what was some impressive fisticuffs choreography.

As it has already been said, this show has a great adaptation of a young Bruce, and it's great to see him progressing further and further on his road to becoming the Dark Knight. Seeing his relationship with Alfred grow from a simple boy and his butler to a boy and his surrogate father, partner in crime and trainer is brilliant as well. I can't wait for the next episode to see Bruce's fight training begin, and to see him back at school, which is a great side of him to see.

Gordon and Bullock are finally getting on the same page too, which is great, as was the latter's speech to all the cops at the GCPD to get it in gear.

I loved everything about this episode but two things. One is the character of Tommy Elliot and how he was portrayed. In the comics, Tommy and Bruce have a very warm and touching relationship when they're boys, and have a history, often getting together to play strategy games (which makes sense for both characters). Here, Tommy acts like Bruce is some nobody and worth a clump of dirt. I could understand him acting like an arrogant, insufferable punk if they were shown to have a history and it was visible that Tommy was jealous of Bruce's inheritance and healthy family life, seeking to get revenge, but it's like they're strangers.

Secondly, Barbara. Good god, Barbara. I liked her at the beginning, but now she just strikes me as an overly dramatic chick who wants everyone to throw a pity party for her. She gets on Jim's rear for all her suffering when he has always looked out for her and made sure she was out of Gotham and safe in the last episode. What does she then turn around and do? Come back to Gotham, think she can trust Falcone and his boys, and ends up getting captured like the clichéd damsel in distress she is. Greeeeeeeat. And in this episode she has the nerve to make Jim feel guilty AND storm out on him? What a crock. The sooner Gordon has his affair with Essen and severs his ties with this gal, the better.
  • Only 3 episodes in, early days have a few more recorded to catch up on. Alas not grabbing my attention yet!
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,844
    I almost stopped watching after the first couple episodes, but it definitely picks up. Now I feel like they're getting better and better with each new episode.
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    This is funny :D
    Hilarious GOTHAM Parody

My issue with the show so far.
  • I thought Gotham was a great show to watch and the characters in the show were great too. I also thought the penguin was a great character in the show. I thought that Gotham is the best show. I think that young Bruce will become Batman latter in the season.
  • I almost stopped watching after the first couple episodes, but it definitely picks up. Now I feel like they're getting bettger and better with each new episode.
    Changed the way I view it, watched a few review shows on youtube made me realise I have to forget about Bats and just focus on the origin story of the city. Become more open minded about it, the Arkham episode is where I am up to, pretty good episode.
    I almost stopped watching after the first couple episodes, but it definitely picks up. Now I feel like they're getting bettger and better with each new episode.
    Changed the way I view it, watched a few review shows on youtube made me realise I have to forget about Bats and just focus on the origin story of the city. Become more open minded about it, the Arkham episode is where I am up to, pretty good episode.

Exactly If Gotham City is a character unto itself, then it's suffering from depression, paranoia, PTSD, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and several other miscellaneous disorders. Which is what makes it cool. And its also probably why it's famous for Arkham Ayslum. Madness is definitely the name of the game in Gotham.
    Im glad you like the show.