Films You Want A Sequel To

Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
edited October 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 40,372
Been a while since I've thought of something good enough for an interesting discussion - sorry, everyone, classes and work have kept me busy - but this sparked an idea after watching one of my favorite films the other day:

If you could have a sequel to any five films, what would they be?

And by this, pick anything. Even if you know the sequel would be outlandish (perhaps with the way the first one ended), just something you would love to see more of. My friends and I talk about Office Space 2, but that's one of the cult classics that shouldn't be touched, because there is no way it would come close to the first. Having said that, if it did touch anywhere near the first, I would go for it.

So, off the top of my head:

Munich, Anchorman, Man On Fire, Collateral, Tailor of Panama

Comments

Well I'll start off by listing On Her Majesty's Secret Service as the one movie i wish got a true sequel but that is for another thread.

Superman Returns- They are rebooting it now and I know i'm in the minority, but I loved Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh's take on Superman and would of loved to see a sequel.

Back to the Future- I know many people don't want to see a BTTF IV, especially since the third one ended perfectly, but I have always wondered about what the "future"(get it?) held for those characters

Daredevil- Very underrated movie. Would of loved a sequel with a bit more polish

Spiderman- It's a damn shame they are not making Spiderman 4. The first 3 (well mostly the first 2) were fantastic

The Rock- Not sure how a sequel would work but I love that movie to death

• SexpionageSexpionage Suspended
    tailor of Panama would be awesome as well.
    My one and only choice is SERENITY. The film answered a lot of the unanswered questions from "Firefly", but there are still a lot out there.
    Spiderman- It's a damn shame they are not making Spiderman 4. The first 3 (well mostly the first 2) were fantastic
    I'm pretty sure they are making a fourth film - but it will be a reboot.
    Reboot of Thunderbirds, DONE PROPERLY!!!!!!
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 161
    I'll come up with more later.. but of the top of my head: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood.
  • SexpionageSexpionage Suspended
    I want a sequel to a knights tale starring a CGI imitation of Heath Ledger.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 4,813
    * Unbreakable- they practically screamed 'sequel' at us at the end!
    * Batman Forever (alternate)- Would have loved Keaton and Burton to return; and Robin Williams as The Riddler; no Two-Face
    * Once upon a time I would have loved Star Wars SEQUELS (with Luke, Han, etc.) but now that I've seen what Lucas has done with the prequels I changed my mind, lol

Prob think of more later

but of the top of my head: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood.
    Agreed. But on the other hand, I might rather have a sequel with a younger actor- Crowe was a bit old to be just starting out
    Superman Returns- They are rebooting it now and I know i'm in the minority, but I loved Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh's take on Superman and would of loved to see a sequel.
    I'm in the minority with you- I genuinely liked Superman Returns. I was under the impression that Singer intended to have a sequel with much more action- and even remember seeing pics of Routh around 2007-8 and he looked noticeably bulkier. Too bad. But Superman Returns had the stupid kid and there was no way to continue with that story because the whole world pretty much unanimously hated him, lol
    At least Man of Steel will deliver! (I hope)
    My only gripes with SR was the kid, and Superman's creepy spying on Lois ;)
  • Once Upon A Time In America, although a sequel would probably be crap, since Leone's dead.
    Blade Runner too, as well as Saving Private Ryan (not sure how it would have worked though) and Munich.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @anotherbondgeek, nice choices. Munich would actually work as a sequel, if they just focused on the other Operation within the Arab countries to capture/kill the other targets.

I, too, would love a sequel to 'Unbreakable'. Great ending.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 23,449
    A Nightmare On Elm Street

Because I can't get enough of Freddy!

Star Wars

Yes, I'm one of those. I want more Star Wars! MORE, I tell you!

Because Clarke's third and fourth Odyssey novel might work fine in film too. (And where's that Rama film?)

Ghost In The Shell: Innocence

Because any cinematic experience like I had with Innocence gets me drooling just thinking about it.

Ju-On 2

Because the Japanese sure know how to make an effective horror film when they put their back into it.
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    edited October 2011 Posts: 257
    Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World (2003)
    - The film ends with Russell Crowe in pursuit of the French ship again.... Come on!

9 (2009)
    - I think that there is a lot of potential to expand on the world inside the film.

The Birds (1963)
    - I always thought that if Hitchcock ever made a sequel, this would be the film to build upon.... The love story, a possibile human counterattack? Think about it.

The Good The Bad And The Ugly (1966)
    - I don't have a good reason why; I just want to watch Eastwood's "man with no name" in one more adventure.

Licence To Kill (1989)
    - I'd like to have seen what assignment M had for Bond in the Sanchez aftermath....
  • Master and Commander for sure.

The Italian Job - original.

The Driver - original.

The Hot Rock.

The Way of the Gun.

• edited October 2011 Posts: 303
    Inception.
    - I hope they don't make a sequel (Unless for great reason), but i wouldn't mind another 'Inception' film (Inception is currently my 2nd favourite all-time movie, just behind 'Super 8')

Stormbreaker.
    - (Whatever the next one is), i didn't mind the first film, i quite enjoyed it.

Robin Hood (Ridley Scott/Russell Crowe).
    - I'd like to see what Scott would do.

Unbreakable.
    - Although i'm not completely sure i want it, i liked how they ended the first, and that portrayed a more 'realistic' version of a 'superhero', whereas i think a sequel would just go into a typical 'good guy' vs 'bad guy' super hero film...

Caligula.
    - to follow Nero....

12 monkeys.
    - to explore other bunker people or survivors...

Logan's Run.
    - not sure how i want it done but...

Soylent Green.
    - because its made from....beans :P

Total Recall.
    - after the ending of the original.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 23,449
    Inception.
    - I hope they don't make a sequel (Unless for great reason), but i wouldn't mind another 'Inception' film (Inception is currently my 2nd favourite all-time movie, just behind 'Super 8')

Not a direct sequel to Inception but a different case of inception, possibly with other characters... yes.

Caligula.
    - to follow Nero....
    According to history books, Nero's life is at least as juicy as Caligula's, so I'm all for it! :P

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Mission Impossible 5
    Die Hard 5
    Termintor 5 with Arnold
    Fun With Dick and Jane 2
    Batman 5 not directed by Christopher Nolan.. Batman 4 and 5 Don't going to happen with another reboot in 2015.

In the past i always hoped on:

Spider-Man 4. As sequel and return of Dr Octavius as Sam Raimi promosed.
    Bond 21 (and mabey also Bond 22) with Pierce Brosnan

The Thomas Crown Afair 2. The movie is stil in mind to be made, but or it realy going to be made.

Johnny English 2 in 2006 or 2007 and written by P&W, stil happy with 2011 but then we already should have Johnny English 3 (Johnny English III aka Johnny English The Third)

The Incredibles 2. Disapointed me a bit, but don't mind a sequel.
    Cars 2. Finaly it happen.
    Jason Bourne 4 with Matt Damon.
    Batman 5 (old series) with Val Kilmer.
    Unbreakable 2
    The Saint 2. With Val Kilmer
    Tomb Raider 3. (Again directed by Jan De Bont)
    Entrapment 2
    Independence Day 2. Look like going to happen, but it take very long.
    I Spy 2. Mabey something for Brat Ratner.
    The Tuxedo 2
    Mr. & Mrs. Smith 2
    The Avengers 2
    Catwoman 2
    After The Sunset 2
    Sahara 2 (Dirk Pitt 2)
    Enemy of the state 2
    Bad Company 2
    Rules of Engagement 2
    Finding Nemo 2
    Starsky & Hutch 2
    Day After Tomorrow 2
    Twister 2
    Elektra 2
    Shaft 2
    The Italian Job III (with in mind The Brazilian Job already be released.)
    Speed 3
    The Mask 3 (The Mask 2) with Jim Carrey
    Daredevil 2. Not a reboot.
    Hulk 2 directed by Martin Campbell.
    Triple X 3 directed by Rob Cohen and with Vin Diesel. Look like it happen, but Vin Diesel is to bissy.
    I would love a sequel to The Thomas Crown Affair, as well. Last I heard (which was a year or so ago), Angelina Jolie was in talks. But, of course, just a random rumor created.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I would love a sequel to The Thomas Crown Affair, as well. Last I heard (which was a year or so ago), Angelina Jolie was in talks. But, of course, just a random rumor created.
    The director who was on baord, I forget who, left the film last year so that's never good. I still hold out hope it can one day be made.
    Was it Paul Verhoeven, @Samuel001? If so, he dropped out in April of 2010, because he didn't like where the story was headed. But, this is coming from the director of films like Total Recall, Starship Troopers, Robocop, Hollow Man - mostly sci-fi films. I wouldn't have really wanted him to do it. Still, I pray that it gets made one day before Brosnan gets too old.
    I would love to see another Alien-movie like the previous four and not like the 2 Predator vs. Alien movies.

Indiana Jones 5 and Die Hard 5 would be welcome.

Another go at The league of the Extraordinary Gentleman (still have a soft spot for the Sean Connert vehicle).

Would have loved a Lazenby seqel to his great OHMSS.

Would enjoy another movie about Simon Templar aka The Saint
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Licence To Kill - Bond #17
    Not a sequel as such, but a 3rd Dalton film in 1991.

The Shadow - The Shadow Strikes
    With Baldin, Miller and Boyle reprising their roles from the 1994 film. Made in 1996 or 1997

Jason Goes To Hell - Freddy vs Jason
    Hodder as Jason, Englund as Freddy and picking up from where JGTH left off.

The Tuxedo 2, Balje? Well... if it has JLH in it... 8->
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    The Thing

I can't think of any more at the moment. I'm sure I will though.
  • LA Confidential
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    A 2nd Lazenby Bond film
    A 3rd Dalton Bond film
    6th season for The Wire
    The A-team 2 for starters Am I the only person on the planet that loved this film?

The Shadow - The Shadow Strikes
    With Baldin, Miller and Boyle reprising their roles from the 1994 film. Made in 1996 or 1997

How could I have not mentioned this one, good call Major.

The A-team 2 for starters Am I the only person on the planet that loved this film?
    Don't worry. I loved The A-Team, as well, and would kill for a sequel. Was just a very entertaining movie, and I can't count how many times I have sat down and watched it.
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    I didn't think it was a brilliant movie but it was quite enjoyable and I was dissapointed to learn that a sequel was not planned.
  • The Italian Job - original.
    Ah, forgot that one. Weren't they originally going to make a sequel which involved the Mafia lifting the bus off the cliff with a helicopter and stealing the gold?

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited October 2011 Posts: 1,699
    The Matador Rides Again

"My God, Julian - it's you again!"
    "You were expecting someone else...?"
    @St_George, absolutely! Watching this movie as we speak, at the scene where Julian and Danny first meet in the bar. Would be cool to see Danny somewhat get into the hitman game with Julian.