Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (2013 - present)

Comments

RogueAgent wrote: »
    How far ahead with this show are they compared to the UK?

They are at episode 6.
    Not too far behind then, that's cool. Thanks for the info Dalton12! :-bd
    Not too far behind then, that's cool. Thanks for the info Dalton12! :-bd

Don't mention it.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 1,107
    New Extended AGENT CARTER Sneak Peek Released!
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=110559
    Agent Peggy Carter meets Howard Stark's trusted servant and the inspiration for Iron Man's Jarvis

• Emergency Awesome! good show on youtube, does a good breakdown of Agents of Shield episodes.

Emergency Awesome! good show on youtube, does a good breakdown of Agents of Shield episodes.

Yes I now .
    I follow it on youtube .
  • Dalton12 wrote: »

Emergency Awesome! good show on youtube, does a good breakdown of Agents of Shield episodes.

Yes I now .
    I follow it on youtube .

This guy does his research, very informative on film and TV shows. Mainly Comic related

:-bd
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I really enjoyed the first series and will catch up with the new one on 4oD.
  • Enjoyed episoide 3 of season 2, the Simmons arc is a interesting one. Like how the second season has started. Felt season 1 started a bit like Baywatch Nights before they upped there game.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Spoilerific review coming in spoiler section!
    Well, this week took a lot of strides toward solving the mystery of the weird symbols, which, by the way, I'm told is the language of the Skrulls from the comics. It was nice to see a couple of things: 1) That Coulson was totally NOT in control of Project Tahiti, despite what we learned in season 1; 2) That there are other SHIELD agents out there who've had their memories totally replaced. Season 1 hinted at this, but also made it seem like they were disposed of. 3) That city, man, was that cool. IGN has a few theories on what that city may be if it happens to be anything from the comics.

Let's also jump to the other side of the episode. The Ward Hunt. It's nice to see that Ward isn't being treated like he's suddenly a fugitive for the wrong reasons. While I still think there will, at some point, be a Spike-like redemption path for him (Spike from Buffy, by the way), I'm glad they aren't doing it now. It was awesome seeing him outsmart the SHIELD crew, then hand that Hydra guy over to Coulson. That worked out very well.

I was a little surprised to see that SHIELD kept the memory recall device. It was used well here, and I actually thought Fitz was going to strap himself into it when Mac brought up the suggestion that Fitz had a "back up" in his memory as well. It would have been a deus ex machina to his well-played brain damage, so I'm glad they didn't do it. Fitz's brain damage has been (sadly) the best thing to happen to the character since he was introduced, and I don't want to see it go away any time soon.

Everything about this season has been well-executed, and this episode was no exception. It's only left me curious as to where we're going, with SHIELD on the hunt for that city, as well as on the hunt for Ward, who's on the hunt for his brother. Skye on the hunt for answers about her past and her father... There's a lot of hunting going on in this season, which works out extremely well. Here's hoping the upward swing the series has been on doesn't eventually succumb to gravity.
    Spoilerific review coming in spoiler section!
    Well, this week took a lot of strides toward solving the mystery of the weird symbols, which, by the way, I'm told is the language of the Skrulls from the comics. It was nice to see a couple of things: 1) That Coulson was totally NOT in control of Project Tahiti, despite what we learned in season 1; 2) That there are other SHIELD agents out there who've had their memories totally replaced. Season 1 hinted at this, but also made it seem like they were disposed of. 3) That city, man, was that cool. IGN has a few theories on what that city may be if it happens to be anything from the comics.

Let's also jump to the other side of the episode. The Ward Hunt. It's nice to see that Ward isn't being treated like he's suddenly a fugitive for the wrong reasons. While I still think there will, at some point, be a Spike-like redemption path for him (Spike from Buffy, by the way), I'm glad they aren't doing it now. It was awesome seeing him outsmart the SHIELD crew, then hand that Hydra guy over to Coulson. That worked out very well.

I was a little surprised to see that SHIELD kept the memory recall device. It was used well here, and I actually thought Fitz was going to strap himself into it when Mac brought up the suggestion that Fitz had a "back up" in his memory as well. It would have been a deus ex machina to his well-played brain damage, so I'm glad they didn't do it. Fitz's brain damage has been (sadly) the best thing to happen to the character since he was introduced, and I don't want to see it go away any time soon.

Everything about this season has been well-executed, and this episode was no exception. It's only left me curious as to where we're going, with SHIELD on the hunt for that city, as well as on the hunt for Ward, who's on the hunt for his brother. Skye on the hunt for answers about her past and her father... There's a lot of hunting going on in this season, which works out extremely well. Here's hoping the upward swing the series has been on doesn't eventually succumb to gravity.

This is the SHOW that all waited for. Finally, passionate fans and haters marvelites. This is the SHOW.
    That city I'st probably Attilan.Attilian is a city of the Inhumans
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That's one of the theories. Since the GH creature was all but confirmed to be a Kree, I wonder if it's possibly a Kree city somewhere on Earth.
    Not going to look at the spoilers as we are atleast 3 if not 4 weeks behind you guys in the US! X_X
    Smart idea. One of them is a review of an episode you haven't seen yet.
  • I think Marvel is trying something new here and see how is goes. But Agent Coulson did point a big gun a Loki then Loki kill him. So thy brought Coulson back from the dead to put a team to together.
    And...? What's your point?
    And...? What's your point?

He's just a child...probably.
    I figured that out on the Amazing Spider-Man thread when he mentioned that a good thing about the Spider-Man movies was that Spider-Man was the main character!
    I figured that out on the Amazing Spider-Man thread when he mentioned that a good thing about the Spider-Man movies was that Spider-Man was the main character!

giphy.gif
    AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.: Mysterious Alien Race Finally Revealed
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=111290
    Wow! This episode was truly bizarre... and I mean that in a good way. Excellent episode.

We're starting to get to true serialized television, following multiple plot threads, without necessarily wrapping up an episode with a neat little bow. And I really think the show is much stronger for it.

Wonder why Ward had Bakshi gift-wrapped for Coulson, but then promptly turned around and joined Whitehall's group of merry HYDRA fellows. Was it under Whitehall's instruction? Is his plan to replace Bakshi in Whitehall's HYDRA power structure? Is he colluding with Skye-daddy to take down Whitehall? Has he become even more unhinged and will just do whatever the hell he feels like at any given point of time? All interesting options. Previous season, I would've thought something like this was an issue and that the writer's don't have a cohesive plan regarding how and where to take a character going forward. But this season, the storytelling is so much stronger that I 100% trust that all of this is very much mapped out.

At this point, if we aren't going towards Inhumans, it will be something of a disappointment, right? Does the Obelisk/Diviner contain the Terrigen Bomb? Would make sense, right? The only thing that gives me pause is that we're so far in advance of the movie. Despite that, I'm still thinking Inhumans, but it's something of a tightrope they'll have to carefully walk.

Coulson: "What are we talking about? Tesseract-level power?" Skye-daddy/The Doctor: "Sure... *pauses* I don't know what that is." That literally made me laugh out loud. Who's better than Kyle MacLachlan? He's quickly becoming one of my favorite MCU baddies.

Two small nitpicks. Firstly, I don't like the constant Hunter/Morse bickering. To me it's neither funny nor interesting. Yes, they were married. Yes, it did not end amicably. But you don't have to hammer us over the head with it every time these two are on screen. And secondly, I'm a little nervous at Mack attempting to sow discord pointing to Coulson's mental state. Makes him look two steps behind everybody... both the audience and his teammates. We've moved beyond "Coulson is becoming unhinged" and continuing this plot thread is like taking a step back.

Loved the round-table at the end that basically consisted of three completely and utterly (and wonderfully) insane villains. Talk about an uneasy alliance.

Agents Of SHIELD is quite simply one of the best shows out there right now. I never thought I'd ever say that. I can't wait for the next episode.
    Dalton12 wrote: »

Still not going to look although it is killing me!!! :-t

I feel for you mate :)

I feel for you mate :)

You guys in the US will have to let us Brits know when it takes its mid season break if their is one? As would love to discuss the series more with you!
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 1,107
    Season 2, Episode 10 (9.12.2014) mid season finale.

So off the top of my head it should finish here in the UK early January 2015?

Probably yes .And in US It won’t return until Tuesday, March 3
    After Agent Carter airs.

Probably yes .And in US It won’t return until Tuesday, March 3

Cool ok, so hopefully that follows it will return in the UK early to late April? Thanks for the info Dalton12! Much appreciated! :-bd
    I'm pretty excited for the next episode.
    Brainwashed Agent 33, still wearing that mask that makes her look like May, but now with a burned face, is coming back! I don't know why, but I'm extremely happy that thread was not dropped.