Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

Murdock wrote: »
    I highly doubt Disney will buy up James Bond. It doesn't meet with their family friendly quota.

Didn't watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier, did you? Plenty of people got shot in that movie, exactly like what happens in Bond movies. Actually, realistic gadgets and great directorial work, the Russos would do just fine with a Bond movie.

In all honesty, if Disney were to buy EON, they'd still let EON go about their business doing things they way they've always been doing them, just like they've done with Marvel Studios.

In all honesty this business is streamlined enough. If you get everything from one source chances are high that everything will taste like each other - it's just that easy! Also Iron man 3 shows how faithfully they treat their source material. Disgusting!
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    I highly doubt Disney will buy up James Bond. It doesn't meet with their family friendly quota.

Didn't watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier, did you? Plenty of people got shot in that movie, exactly like what happens in Bond movies. Actually, realistic gadgets and great directorial work, the Russos would do just fine with a Bond movie.

In all honesty, if Disney were to buy EON, they'd still let EON go about their business doing things they way they've always been doing them, just like they've done with Marvel Studios.

In all honesty this business is streamlined enough. If you get everything from one source chances are high that everything will taste like each other - it's just that easy! Also Iron man 3 shows how faithfully they treat their source material. Disgusting!

Yeah I know what you mean Mandarin was a big disappointment. Besides that it was pretty good.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I happened to enjoy the MCU take on the Mandarin. Besides, they made the "All Hail the King" one-shot to retcon and rectify that. I understand their motives, too. Iron Man and Iron Man 2 had been so based in the technological side that had they jumped ship and suddenly introduced magic rings in the third film, it would have seemed silly.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Just an in-between question...

What are you guys foremost:

A) A James Bond-fan, who happens to follow Marvel a bit
    B) A Marvel-fan, who happens to follow James Bond a bit
    C) Both a James Bond-fan and a Marvel-fan

Oooowh, and please mention your age ;-)

Just curious :-). Because certain forummembers in this topic.....I don't always see in other topics, like "general Bond 24 production news".
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm a Bond fan and a Comics fan (I'm not gonna say Marvel, because I like a wide variety of comic books). I specifically stay out of the production news forums, though. I generally like to wait on Bond news until a trailer comes out, whereas with comic book movie news, I want to know the skinny on as many easter eggs as the movie might have, because I want to get my nerd-gasms over with before the movie comes out, as the people I go see comic book movies with don't know as much comic book stuff as I do.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 1,107
    I like James Bond and Marvel equally I was six year old when I started watching Bond movies and reading Marvel Comics .
    And thus his avatar is the Flash.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 1,107
    And thus his avatar is the Flash.[/quot

Haha I just love The Flash ( one of the characters DC did right) .
    I'm foremost a James Bond fan. Period. Marvel and DC Comics....I don't really care for those production houses (Let's face it, they are similar to EON Productions/Ian Fleming: Creators/Financers/Producers....but certainly not a character of some kind. James Bond is a character, not Marvel).

I do care for certain characters within the universe. And then foremost how they have been adapted to the movie version, how the screenplay writers and directors put their stamp on the characters.

I admire The Dark Knight-trilogy immensely. I don't care too much if it's DC Comics. I really like the 2nd Captain America movie, and the Marvel-character Iron Man. But all those other Marvel characters......I don't care too much for them. Perhaps it's because I do like to see a bit of Bond back in the characters........a bit of realism....and realistic action. Thor using his hammer...well I can use a hammer with more style ;-).

Also, I'm a movie fan. So I am a huge Bond fan and a huge movie fan. Just not a Marvel fan. The very words "Marvel fan" sound weird to me. I'm also not an "EON Productions fan". If the particular Marvel-movie is very good, I'm excited. But if it's just about boys throwing planets? Then I couldn't care less.

I think this Marvel-craziness.....kind of bewilders me. Although it reminds me of the Bond-craziness from the 1960's. We paved the way for more of these blockbuster craziness's :-). By the way, I am 33 years of age.
    Thor using his hammer...well I can use a hammer with more style ;-).

Yours doesn't spit lightning.
    Also, I'm a movie fan. So I am a huge Bond fan and a huge movie fan. Just not a Marvel fan. The very words "Marvel fan" sound weird to me. I'm also not an "EON Productions fan". If the particular Marvel-movie is very good, I'm excited. But if it's just about boys throwing planets? Then I couldn't care less.

The term "Marvel fan" is pretty much an umbrella term, in my opinion. It should be used when one likes multiple Marvel comics characters. I like Captain America, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Thor, Iron Man, the Hulk, Charles Xavier, Cyclops, the Fantastic Four, etc. But I don't want to have to say every g*ddamn one of them each time I have to explain to someone that I like many of Marvel's characters, so I use "Marvel fan". It's a blanket term.

But, there's also the fans who enjoy every piece of film that comes out of Marvel Studios. I sort of fall into that category, too, as I've already prepared myself to buy each and every film when they come out, I plan on getting every season of Agents of SHIELD. I'll buy the Netflix series when they're released on DVD, even though I'm not going to be able to watch them. These people don't just enjoy Captain America, or the Guardians of the Galaxy, or Ant-Man, and as such, "Marvel fan" applies to them as well.

EON, on the other hand, produces Bond films. People can actually sit through an entire Bond film, see the words "EON Productions" at the top of the film and still not know who they are, because their only experience with them will be Bond. For these people to call themselves "EON Productions fans" wouldn't really say anything, because people who don't watch Bond films wouldn't know what EON Productions is. People who don't watch Marvel films, on the other hand, still know what Marvel is, as Marvel's been around for 75 years (under different names in the early years), and their name is plastered at the front of every trailer or TV spot for one of their films. Bond films? MGM. Sony/Columbia recently, too. People know who MGM is, and they know Columbia, but these two companies aren't known exclusively for Bond.

So, there. That's my two cents.
    I think this Marvel-craziness.....kind of bewilders me. Although it reminds me of the Bond-craziness from the 1960's. We paved the way for more of these blockbuster craziness's :-). By the way, I am 33 years of age.

Every fad dies. Nothing lasts forever, as Black Widow says in the trailer to Avengers: Age of Ultron. Bond was immensely popular in the 60s, but, sad as it is to say, it's kind of dwindled. Marvel films are big now, thanks largely to Avengers, but this will die, as all fads do. Bond didn't stop after losing popularity, and neither, I think, should Marvel.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    SaintMark wrote: »

I did watch the Winter Soldier and loved it. You can read my review of it in the last movies you watched thread. Best movie of 2014 so far. Still waiting on November Man though.

November man will not be better than Winter soldier, trust me I have seen both. The difference in quality is just to great.

Opinions are subjective so we'll soon see about that. ;)
    How The Avengers: Age of Ultron Teaser Should Have Ended

Dalton12 wrote: »
    How The Avengers: Age of Ultron Teaser Should Have Ended

LOL, even the nerdiest Bond-fan IMO would not.....stare at teaser trailers like this :-P.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

That's the group I am in. I've seen a handful of the Marvelverse, and liked most of them, as well as the pre-Marvelverse, Marvel films.
    Tom Hiddleston's 'Loki' To Play A Key Role In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR PART I & II
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=110385
    Good.
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University

That's the group I am in. I've seen a handful of the Marvelverse, and liked most of them, as well as the pre-Marvelverse, Marvel films.

Same with me, I know a bit of Marvel, films and comics from my kid days, I've seen most films, but I'm just a casual Marvel fan. My favourite is Winter Soldier.

• Love Bond movies, love superhero films. Dependent on mood which I watch, seen every Bond film countless times though need to take a break from them, then revisit the films fresh.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Campbell2 wrote: »

Same with me, I know a bit of Marvel, films and comics from my kid days, I've seen most films, but I'm just a casual Marvel fan. My favourite is Winter Soldier.

My favourite is The First Avenger. It's not in the current Marvelverse, but I also thoroughly enjoiyed Punisher: War Zone. I just recently bought the VTS Toys 1:6 Revenger (Punisher: War Zone) figure, which despite some innacuracies, is a fantastic figure.
    I like Punisher War Zone it's darker, bloodier and more unfriendly than the first one.
    I like Punisher War Zone it's darker, bloodier and more unfriendly than the first one.

Exactly. I also like how The Punisher is shown to go about his business (such as the way he handles the weapons he carries), showing that he's trained in combat. That's something that I never felt in the 2003 film.

Exactly. I also like how The Punisher is shown to go about his business (such as the way he handles the weapons he carries), showing that he's trained in combat. That's something that I never felt in the 2003 film.

Yes and Ray Stevenson was great, he well embodies Frank.
    See, while I liked War Zone more, I always thought Tom Jane was the better Punisher. Of course, that may be because I also enjoyed his performance in the 2005 game, as well.
  • Never watched any of the Punisher films, vaguely remember Dolph Lungren advertised as being in a film?
    Never watched any of the Punisher films, vaguely remember Dolph Lungren advertised as being in a film?

The 1989 Punisher:

Punisher-89.jpg
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Never watched any of the Punisher films, vaguely remember Dolph Lungren advertised as being in a film?

The 1989 Punisher:

Punisher-89.jpg
    Lou Gossett jnr post Iron Eagle, may have to watch that.

Terminator for sure...
    edited November 2014 Posts: 13,882
    "Get out of my head, Charles."

charles-no.jpg

Was that intentional? :))
    See, while I liked War Zone more, I always thought Tom Jane was the better Punisher. Of course, that may be because I also enjoyed his performance in the 2005 game, as well.

The 2003 Punisher did have that good fight, the one with that Russian thug who was built like a Soviet war memorial.

I enjoyed both films, but I liked War Zone just that little bit more, thanks to the badassey of Stevenson. I don't remember enough of the 1989 Punisher.
    Forgetting the '89 film is a good thing.
    And they said he wasn't gonna be in Avengers 2.