Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

I was never fan of Clint's movies..too long, too boring for me..I really don't like war movies. There are thousands of people in the war that die, why should I care for the main character more than the others ?

They are really not my cup of tea.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    dragonsky wrote: »
    I was never fan of Clint's movies..too long, too boring for me..I really don't like war movies. There are thousands of people in the war that die, why should I care for the main character more than the others ?

There are many agents that die in the field every year, yet that doesn't stop us from attaching ourselves to the character of James Bond. At least the Eastwood film is based more on a true story.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Teaser for Tomorrowland.

I got a feeling that Brad Bird has a future as a director.

As has that girl as an actress.

There are many agents that die in the field every year, yet that doesn't stop us from attaching ourselves to the character of James Bond. At least the Eastwood film is based more on a true story.

Well yeah, but there are like 10 at best 00 agents, and there are thousands people in war..

Not saying that there can't be a good war movie for me, but so far I haven't found an "enjoyable" war movie (I put it in " " cause war is no enjoying matter, but still war movies fail to provoke an emotion in me)

What do you mean with "at least"? Why should a true story as a basis be a benefit?

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Well yeah, but there are like 10 at best 00 agents, and there are thousands people in war..

Not saying that there can't be a good war movie for me, but so far I haven't found an "enjoyable" war movie (I put it in " " cause war is no enjoying matter, but still war movies fail to provoke an emotion in me)

I'm not talking about Bond universe 00s, I'm talking about actual intelligence agents from dozens of agencies around the world who take surveillance, deliver documents, provide security/watch and all that. Actual, real human beings who put their necks on the line every day for their nation.
    boldfinger wrote: »

What do you mean with "at least"? Why should a true story as a basis be a benefit?

I'd say that it makes the film more tangible and powerful, more easy to relate to.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited October 2014 Posts: 14,813
    Clint Eastwood´s American Sniper.
    Does this trailer look good or what?

Trailer looks good. Will certainly keep my eye out for this.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 5,767

I'd say that it makes the film more tangible and powerful, more easy to relate to.
    The setting and story-telling should do that.
    Anyhow, the true story is usually tweaked quite a bit for dramatic reasons. Which I find has a problematic angle, because it´s twisting facts of history. Or then again maybe it´s not, because history is always a matter of point of view ;-).
    In any case, the fact that there´s usually dramaturgic tweaking makes tag-lines such as "based on a true story" pretentious.

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Damn, just when I thought I could leave this comic book trash behind me.

Funny to see the couple from Godzilla again like this.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That could be a trailer for a horror film, it has an eerie vibe to it.
    That would be great :-).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Age of Ultron looks incredible!

John Wick is getting good reviews.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    John Wick is getting good reviews.
    Yeah, I´m speechless too ;-).

Damn, just when I thought I could leave this comic book trash behind me.

Mirrors my thoughts exactly. Really looks gripping!
    Finally a good villain...or so I hope.
    Tired of seeing the members feuding once again..I really hoped that we wouldn't see that again...

The trailer actually is kind of underwhelming for me..the only badass part is Hulkbuster vs Hulk. Everything else seems much like the last Avengers movie..I hope that the Maximoff twins will be wild card in this movie (and let me guess..they will be nightmare for the avengers entire movie and at the end they will join them ?)

Still with all this said I am excited for the movie.

btw off topic is there a Austin Powers thread on the forum ? I asked too many times about this and I always forget lol. I rewatched the movies recently again and I hope they will make 4th one as it was rumoured few years ago.

That looks awesome! Roll on May 2015!!! <:-P
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 2,341
    War movies seem to have lost their appeal for me as well. "Fury" with Brad Pitt...I don't care how they package it WW2 was the most destructive and most bloody conflict in the 5,000 history of Man. Maybe films try to glorifiy these tragic events.
    The Germans are not monsters, but frightened young men who just want to stay alive, same for Allied soldiors.

As for American Sniper, I have very strong feelings regarding US involvement in that part of the world and yes, it is all a tragedy and I just do not care to watch these type of films and call them entertainment.

Without getting to phylisophical and political, I still havent seen "Annabelle". As for "Ouija", I have some misgivings. I like a good horror yarn but so far this year only "Occulus" has done anything for me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sadly, I missed Lucy. was it as good as I think it was?
    I think I will pass on Dracula Untold, and save my fee for Interstellar.
    Does anyone know why Dumb and Dumber To decided to cut the Jennifer Lawrence cameo ?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Does anyone know why Dumb and Dumber To decided to cut the Jennifer Lawrence cameo ?

It wasn't even filmed. They talked about it and tried to work it into the script/film, but it didn't pan out:

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2014/11/jennifer-lawrence-dumb-and-dumber-to
  • There are making a Penguins of Madagascar this year.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 308

• I wonder when exactly they´ll start shooting the Blade Runner sequel. Apparently, it won´t be too long, yet there are very few details released about the project so far.
  • I wonder when exactly they´ll start shooting the Blade Runner sequel. Apparently, it won´t be too long, yet there are very few details released about the project so far.

They do what???
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 372
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    I wonder when exactly they´ll start shooting the Blade Runner sequel. Apparently, it won´t be too long, yet there are very few details released about the project so far.

They do what???

Yeah, I wasn´t sure whether it had already been discussed in this topic, but I think Harrison Ford already confirmed that he will reprise his role and Ridley Scott sadly won´t be directing but just producing the movie. He did an interview in this month´s Vanity Fair I believe. Here´s a Guardian article pointing out what was said about the Blade Runner sequel. http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/nov/26/ridley-scott-blade-runner-sequel-wont-direct

Don´t think there has been a lot of buzz about the entire project so far though. I recently re-watched Blade Runner and did some googling and I was equally surprised when I found out they were actually working on this. Then yesterday I read that Scott actually confirmed everything in the interview.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 5,767
    I wonder when exactly they´ll start shooting the Blade Runner sequel. Apparently, it won´t be too long, yet there are very few details released about the project so far.

They do what???
    It must be at least a year ago that Ridley Scott in a interview described in detail an opening scene he visualised for BR2.
    According to the latest words from Scott a few day ago, he likes the script, and it has to do with
    someone searching for Ford´s character and finding him in the 3rd act of the film.
    I´m not really against the project, but they have to find a new visionary prodigy, because I cannot imagine any other prospective director pulling this off.

• edited December 2014 Posts: 372

They do what???
    It must be at least a year ago that Ridley Scott in a interview described in detail an opening scene he visualised for BR2.
    According to the latest words from Scott a few day ago, he likes the script, and it has to do with
    someone searching for Ford´s character and finding him in the 3rd act of the film.
    I´m not really against the project, but they have to find a new visionary prodigy, because I cannot imagine any other prospective director pulling this off.

I agree. My worst fear is that it won't be true to the original, and it'll become another generic sci-fi movie that's entirely realized on a computer. I also hope they stick with the old pacing, use of real spaces, a very 80s classical musical arrangement with synthesizers, strong film noir influences, etc. but 1. if it's not Scott directing, it will definitely be a different interpretation of Scott's original world 2. I doubt there's many director who would be up for a slower pacing and 3. if it's supposed to be a blockbuster and (unlike the first movie) there's gonna be a big budget, they might abuse the Blade Runner title and turn it into a very action oriented 'adventure' which will sell more tickets. And to me that's not what Blade Runner is.

• I am a huge fan of director Robert Zemeckis (less so the mo-cap stuff though). Glad to see him follow up FLIGHT with another film using real actors!

The subject matter was also in a superb documentary "man on wire" which is Worth checking out.

THE WALK should be interesting.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 5,767
    That trailer has really cool music!

Not sure about the story, but Robert Zemeckis and live action movie is a combination that will be hard to avoid.