The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

Bond 24 titles. My made up titles. Although it could be Risico or Property of a lady, below are some of my titles I thought of. Some may be bad and good. Let me know what you think. I will update over time.

Shadowy Service.
    The last bullet counts
    Time never lasts
    A way of death
    Kill once again

Walecs wrote: »
    I kinda like Shadowy Service.

I like it too. And Time Never Lasts.

Risen Devil (as opposed to a fallen agel?). Maybe sounds too much like TDKR.
    B L O F E L D..with 007 under the O. Gives away the character in the film but I want "him" back. It's time. :)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    It's so difficult to come up with original titles. Fleming was quite good at it; it was perhaps his finest talent.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This is not an easy exercise, because the best titles have always had something to do with the plot. We don't know the plot yet. Unfortunately, when we do, the title will be revealed by then...

I like "For Queen and Country" from above, or "For England". That at least covers most of the plots...

Or "Her Majesty's Last Line of Defence"
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Or "Kill or be Killed" or "Protector of the Realm" which someone suggested on page 1
    My one and only issue with Queen and Country: it is already the name of a spy series of novels and graphic novels. And a great one, I might add.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2014 Posts: 3,157
    Ludovico wrote: »
    My one and only issue with Queen and Country: it is already the name of a spy series of novels and graphic novels. And a great one, I might add.

Are "Queen and Country" good? They're made by Greg Rucka (the author of the Perfect Dark novels) aren't they?
    Should I read them?
  • Considering my preferred title is Forever Is Not Enough and a comment said Forever shouldn't be used in future Bond titles I would like to say the following. Forever has only been used once with DAF and not used since. Therefore, I would hope the writers would be creative with future titles or they could simply used chapter names from Flemings books.

Therefore, if people don't like Forever, Death, Gun, Kill or Diamonds then the following titles wouldn't have happened. GF, TMWTGG, GE, as oh no we have used Gold three times. Kill has been used twice, Diamonds once and Death hasn't and Die has been used twice and Dies once.

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited October 2014 Posts: 1,727
    Has to be something that doesn't sound cheesy. I refer, once more, to earlier suggestions:

STORMWEAVER

ONCE THE DAYBREAK IS DONE

LIFE IS A NEVERLASTING GAME

How about THE UNDERTAKER'S WIND? Fleming mentioned it a few times in the books. Quite evocative.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    No. Sounds like a fart-joke.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

Are "Queen and Country" good? They're made by Greg Rucka (the author of the Perfect Dark novels) aren't they?
    Should I read them?

Absolutely! They are amazing.
  • Blood On A Golden Dollar. Bullet For Hire. Seven On The Red. Where Danger Lies. The Man With Seven Faces. Rouge Dragon. Shadow Man. Love And Death In Rome.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Death and Redemption, Shadow of the Red Sky, New World Order.
    scouse007 wrote: »
    Seven On The Red
    Excellent!

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited October 2014 Posts: 1,727
    'The Undertaker's Wind'
    zebrafish wrote: »
    No. Sounds like a fart-joke.

Exactly

:|
  • scouse007 wrote: »
    Blood On A Golden Dollar. Bullet For Hire. Seven On The Red. Where Danger Lies. The Man With Seven Faces. Rouge Dragon. Shadow Man. Love And Death In Rome.

They sound like spaghetti westerns

• Birdleson wrote: »
    Several of the great Fleming titles (DR. NO, GOLDFINGER, THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN) bore the make of the villain, obviously. I'd like to see that again. COLONEL SUN, or a new villain with a cool marquee sounding name or moniker.

I could go with that. Is 'Colonel Sun' available to them? Not that it'll probably be useful this time around...

I also like the OHMSS/FYEO style of title. Charlie Higson's young Bond 'By Royal Command' was a great title I thought - something like that?

Colonel Sun already was a villain in DAD (named Colonel Tan-Sun Moon), I think they meant it as a nod to the novel.

"By Royal Command" is a great title. Maybe EON should hire Charlie Higson for a brainstorming session with P&W.
  • Been a long time since we've had a film named after the villain. I think 'That Bloke What Done That Thing What James Bond Don't Agree With' would work quite nicely. It's different.
    does anyone have any news about Bond 24 besides the new Bond girl...I mean like it is going to be in Italy but what is it going to be about or does anyone know what the title will be...
    ..."Say Honor No More".....the title of the new Bond movie
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Blood On A Golden Dollar. Bullet For Hire. Seven On The Red. Where Danger Lies. The Man With Seven Faces. Rouge Dragon. Shadow Man. Love And Death In Rome.

Are those Fleming chapter titles?
  • Never Say Goodbye
  • "DEVIL MAY CARE" would be fantastic!.....or perhaps, "A KISS OF DEATH"!!!
  • It's hard I think if your going to use baddies names in the title it could be either their name or the code name they are known by. Dead Shot, The Zero Man, Carnage, Lazarus Affect. Using a job title like Dr Shade or General Shade wouldn't work. Place names would be hard to use. I feel they will go with an emotion or a name connected with the plot. Example, Beyond Valour, Crossfire, For Honour And Valour, Above And Beyond or Diamond Back.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619
    The greatest Bond title of all time is COLONEL SUN. They simply HAVE TO use it sooner or later.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    It's hard I think if your going to use baddies names in the title it could be either their name or the code name they are known by. Dead Shot, The Zero Man, Carnage, Lazarus Affect. Using a job title like Dr Shade or General Shade wouldn't work. Place names would be hard to use. I feel they will go with an emotion or a name connected with the plot. Example, Beyond Valour, Crossfire, For Honour And Valour, Above And Beyond or Diamond Back.

Why not Bond and Beyond, then? :P

Crossfire is nice, and so would be Dead Shot if "die" hadn't been already used in three titles.
    I kinda like For Honour and Valour, Although I think Role of Honour would also be a nice title.
  • Bond 24 title ? When Dusk Turns Dark anyone like that
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 655
    Id be very happy if bond 24 was called that. It just came into my head randomly, and al
    though I found out theres music called that, it still sounds very bondy to me.