The Friday Salute ~ Commander James Bond!

edited March 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 295
Index

19MAR2010 - Perilagu Khan
26MAR2010 - Octopussy
02APR2010 - Dusty
09APR2010 - MADD Studios
16APR2010 - Lazenby
23APR2010 - Fieldsman
01MAY2010 - shadowonthesun
20MAY2010 - Makeshift Python
28MAY2010 - Largo's Shark
11JUN2010 - Jet Set Willy
18JUN2010 - Darth Dimi
05JUL2010 - Luds
09JUL2010 - Major D. Smythe
20JUL2010 - Retrokitty
02AUG2010 - Saunders (V Section)
26AUG2010 - M_Balje
17SEP2010 - danslittlefinger
01OCT2010 - collister
08OCT2010 - Disco Volante
15OCT2010 - The Operative
05NOV2010 - Willard Whyte
12NOV2010 - Saint Mark
26NOV2010 - Samuel 001
6of1 p42
G section p43
Golden Gun p44
Lalala2004 p45
St. George p47
NicNac p51
Nid p53
Double o' nothing p54
Tux p57
Tubes p60
Bong p62
George Lazenby p64
Prince Kamal Kahn p66
11MAR2011 - Timmer
18MAR2011 - Commander James Bond

I just wanted to grab this while it was still available-- Brown if you want just repost and have this one locked.

Anyhoo-- it would be a shame to deny timmer his much deserved week in the spotlight. Timmer is one of my favorite members and I hope he manages to find his way over to these new stomping grounds. I particularly relate to his appreciation of the necessity of a masculine toughness element to the character of Bond, best encapsulated in the Connery/Lazenby interpretations from days of yore. Cheers sir!

Comments

It's all yours, GL.
  • Well deserved indeed!

Here's hoping timmer makes it over to the new site.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited March 2011 Posts: 3,262
    Indeed. Many kudos to the member with a hearty enthusiasm for the Harry Saltzman era(1962-1974) of 007 cinema, the #1 Jill St. John/Tiffany Case defender here, the head of the anti-emasculation-of-Bond-by-Babs resistance movement, a strong defender of all things classically Bondian and a fellow fan of both Catherine Schell and "In Like Flint"(1967).
  • A thought I just had... we can't update our posts after 24 hours, right?

In light of that, we may want to adjust the title of the thread a bit or see if there is anyway the mods can help us alter it as necessary depending on the person saluted in each respective week. Perhaps James Page can change it so that we can edit after the 24 hour window?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    @AgentLeiter - sure that would be no problem. Any of the Mod team can help.
  • Quoting JamesPage: @AgentLeiter - sure that would be no problem. Any of the Mod team can help.
    Much obliged, James! :)
  • Good to see many of the traditions continuing on.
    I found my way over. Thanks again for the kind words.
    So first thing this Friday, I will dutifully continue the tradition and nominate the next member. Cheers!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    @timmer good to see you here timmer. No Laugh avatar though please ;)
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 6
    Ah, the timmerman! What a great bloke he is! Here's to you my dear chap! :)>-

:-h
    @Luds. I found a new avatar. German Lady loaned it to me ;-)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting timmer: @Luds. I found a new avatar. German Lady loaned it to me
    Hum, kinda looks like a scene from CR, could be copyright issues with that.
    Quoting Luds: Hum, kinda looks like a scene from CR, could be copyright issues with that.
    Right you are. I pulled it off the web. Its a joke avatar. I will find a proper one.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting timmer: Right you are. I pulled it off the web. Its a joke avatar. I will find a proper one.
    I must admit I was surprised by your choice ;)
    ok no more Craig in blue speedo avatar. fun while it lasted.
    Question. Will there be a list of approved avatars again or should we pull them off our computers?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Quoting timmer: Will there be a list of approved avatars again or should we pull them off our
    computers?

As far as I know timmer, it's up to us to pick whatever we want. Hence I've somehow ended up with a blue DB5.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4,622
    Quoting Samuel001: As far as I know timmer, it's up to us to pick whatever we want. Hence I've
    somehow ended up with a blue DB5.
    Well it is similar to your old avatar. At least it seems it is.
    Making one's own avatar is no problem, but there is the danger of copyright infringment without the approved avatars. I'll read the terms and re-visit the copyright rules. A direct image from a film is obviously not cricket, but the legality of some of the numerous Bond avatars on the web, (of the Bond actors posing as Bond for example), aren't quite as clear.
    I'll play it safe with this generic Bond avvie for now.

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    timmer is indeed a quality member and a great person. Keep preaching the good word for DAF, buddy.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4,622
    It's Friday, time to nominate the next salute and for this week we go down under and salute a long time member who not only goes right back to the beginning ( a week ago) of this fine new site, but also has a long time history with the old site. I know it was a long time, like years and years, and lots and lots of posts even if the details have been lost to posterity. Of course we are talking about the man with the user name we all wanted, but which he snapped up first ;-) none other than Commander James Bond, a politically saavy young chap, a very likely future Prime Minister of Australia. He of the sharp wit and impressive knowledge of all things Bond and Fleming. A staunch defender of the authentic Bond, a friendly forum member, loved by all and sundry, and personal acquaintance of such other young stalwart Aussie Bond-Camp fans as Colly, Fae, James C and Octopussy.
    Please give it up for Commander James Bond! =D>

====MODS PLEASE CHANGE THREAD TITLE============
  • One of the more level headed and interesting members. Well deserved of a salute! Let's hope he pops in here long enough to see this sometime this week :p
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Quoting GeorgeLazenby: 02AUG2010 - Saunders (V Section)

Did I completley miss this? I'll have to go back and check the archive...oh doh!

Anyway a very big Friday salute to Commander James Bond, I've always been very impressed (and a little jealous ,if I'm honest) by his great knowledge on all things Bond.
  • Haha...I don't know...I didn't follow this thread until relatively recently. Bummer if you missed your salute though-- and one much magnified by the fact that you can't just click on the link and check it out. It was eminently well deserved though, no doubt.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4
  • Uhhm...wtf was that? Surely we can overlook the childish idiocy of the last post and carry on with this in the proper spirit? Hypocrisy is a funny thing.
  • Harsh. I'm just glad it's Friday.

Salute CJB!
  • Sorry if I misconstrued your intent-- at first glance it struck me as though you were sticking the proverbial middle finger to the "lolz wuzzup facebook" generation. Of all the emotions stirred with the events of the last few days its been around this particular divide that I've found my own feelings the most effected. If this isn't what you meant with your post, I retract my comment and offer a sincere apology.
    A hearty salute to CJB.... A funny, friendly and smart guy. Congrats mate, very well-deserved. B-)
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 295
    Nice of you to drop by Lazenby. :D
    I never left. ;-)
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 92
    Quoting timmer: a very likely future Prime Minister of Australia
    I hope not. Bloody hell ....

Love ya, CJB.