The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Amazing Spiderman 2 on bluray. Its not great, though the last 20 minutes seem to elevate the film. Will have to watch it again.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Picked up 'Leon Morin, Priest' and 'Things To Come' Criterion Collection blu-rays.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    'Things To Come' Criterion Collection blu-rays.
    Oooooh, good one. I assume you have Metropolis?
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I've been Blu-ray hunting recently. Some I've got last week: Sin City, Machete, 12 Monkeys, Chinatown, Mad Max, The Road Warrior, Clash of the Titans, Raid 2: Berandal and Army of Darkness.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    New Blood (Carrie-Anne Moss)
    Dead In A Heartbeat (Penelope Ann Miller)
    Cousin Bette (Elisabeth Shue)
    ----
    Sniper: Reloaded
    Jo the TV series with Jean Reno
    Jerusalem the documentary series based upon the book Jerusalem a biography
    Het lijk in de Haarlemer Houttuinen (1979)
    @chrisisall, thank you, and not yet. I've found two different versions of the film that exist, but I'm not sure which one to get. The same thing goes for the original 'Nosferatu': lots of different versions, I'm just not sure which one I should shell out for.
    I've found two different versions of the film that exist, but I'm not sure which one to get.
    I've researched it a bit, and there's a really long & fully reconstructed version of Metropolis with footage found in South America, but my favourite is the one I own- Georgio Moroder's from the Eighties. What can I say? It was my theatrical experience with it, and I love it.
    Hey, when you know what you love, then that's what you'll be used to. I can't fault you for that. I might just have to check out all the different versions of it at some point.
    @chrisisall, thank you, and not yet. I've found two different versions of the film that exist, but I'm not sure which one to get. The same thing goes for the original 'Nosferatu': lots of different versions, I'm just not sure which one I should shell out for.

Get the original B/W silent one by Murnau, it is an impressive movie. Then get the Kinski movie, scary and visually stunning.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 40,368
    The former one is the one I'm aiming to get, @SaintMark.

I got an eBay bidding steal on 'The Great Beauty' Criterion Collection blu-ray tonight, and also picked up 'White Material' Criterion Collection blu-ray. I'll be getting my copy of 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' on blu-ray this weekend, as well. My collection of these magnificent films gets higher and higher.
    Just bought Dracula Prince of Darkness, Legend Of The Seven Golden Vampires & Frankenstein Created Woman 3 pack... tomorrow night begins my Hammer festival!
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Terror of the Zygons - fourth Doctor adventure.
    The Visitation - fifth Doctor adventure.
  • Bought the first 3 Pirates of the Caribian movies, never really given them much attention previously. Thought I would actually try and watch them.
    Bought the first 3 Pirates of the Caribian movies, never really given them much attention previously. Thought I would actually try and watch them.

I've always enjoyed the Pirate movies. I strongly remember them being some of the best cinema experiences for me. They'll always stick to my memory. Looking forward to the next one, shame it comes out summer 2017.

I picked up Watership Down today. Never seen it, but heard it's good. It's also pretty rare to find.

• Pajan005 wrote: »
    Bought the first 3 Pirates of the Caribian movies, never really given them much attention previously. Thought I would actually try and watch them.

I've always enjoyed the Pirate movies. I strongly remember them being some of the best cinema experiences for me. They'll always stick to my memory. Looking forward to the next one, shame it comes out summer 2017.

I picked up Watership Down today. Never seen it, but heard it's good. It's also pretty rare to find.

Was considering buying them on bluray! Today managed to pick up the first 3 films for under £4 The first film is the only one I have watched all the way through. No very little about the fourth film?

Watership down is a classic!
    Was considering buying them on bluray! Today managed to pick up the first 3 films for under £4 The first film is the only one I have watched all the way through. No very little about the fourth film?

Watership down is a classic!

The fourth Pirates is not bad, as many make it out to be. But, it's not as good as the other ones. It also has some of the best lines and music soundtrack. I mean, the music is just amazing these films.

Just watched Watership Down. Very glad I picked it up.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    My favorite of the MARVEL cinematic-verse.
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    The fourth Pirates is not bad, as many make it out to be. But, it's not as good as the other ones. It also has some of the best lines and music soundtrack. I mean, the music is just amazing these films.
    I like the fourth one better than the second or third, myself!
    edited September 2014 Posts: 432
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I like the fourth one better than the second or third, myself!

That's great. I do respect that opinion.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    My favorite of the MARVEL cinematic-verse.

It's a good one. I think I'm one of the few who prefers the first Captain America film. Maybe it's because of the WWII setting and the villain. I think that of the Avenger characters I like Captain America's storyline the most. I did get the Blu-ray last month.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,432
    The fifth Element
    Angels and demons
    The Worlds End

Shawn Michaels vs Brett Hart WWE Greatest rivalries on Bluray. (Running time over 8hrs, a long trip down memory lane)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Captain America: Winter Soldier. Haven't seen it yet. Going to watch it in memory of my late father who loved the character and the first film and the Avengers.
    Predator Ultimate Edition on Bluray, really looking forward to watching this. Also Poltergeist Special Edition on Bluray. Two excellent movies.

Looper on Bluray for £2.99 bargain.
  • Adventures of the cheap flat.
    Firefox.
    Face/off.

All for roughly a pound each from charity shop.
    The Rock & Terminal Velocity on Blu Ray for less than $10!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    The Rock & Terminal Velocity on Blu Ray for less than $10!

Bluray very cheap now when you look around, been thinking of getting Con Air, Rock and Bad boys films. Think they will stand up well on Bluray.

Terminal velocity? Charlie Sheen?
    Yes, and Nastassja Kinski. 1994. Back when Charlie was poised to be a big time action hero.
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Yes, and Nastassja Kinski. 1994. Back when Charlie was poised to be a big time action hero.

Sheen had a decent run post Platoon, they were fun though the Hot Shots movies may have damaged his credibility. Klaus Kinskis daughter, what ever happened to her very attractive. Recall first seeing her in a Hammer film either To devil the daughter or The devil rides out, I always get those two films mixed up.
    To devil the daughter
    That's the one. Hammer Junk Food....
    :))
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    To devil the daughter
    That's the one. Hammer Junk Food....
    :))
    Fond childhood memories lol Cyble Danning pops into my mind for some reason
    :-\"