Celebrities you like that nobody else seems to

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Grosse Point Blank is one of my favourite John Cusack films, but Max just edges it out for the #1 spot. And it's nice to see some appreciation for The Numbers Station.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Major I really like movies that takes place almost entirely in a confined space, and Numbers Station didn't disappoint. I was entertained for the 90 minutes of it, Cussack's character was pretty cool and the plot kept me guessing what would happen next.
  • The Flintstones sits down in my bottom 5 Halle Berry films, from my ranking:

14. Die Another Day (2002)
    15. The Filntstones (1994)
    16. Dark Tide (2012)
    17. Catwoman (2004)
    18. Movie 43 (2013)

Tamahori must have been a Flintsones fan. I'm surprised he didn't call Jinx, Sharon Stone. ;)

Halle Berry needs to fire her agent!

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This man:

danny_trejo_mike_piscitelli.05.jpg

That's right: I like Danny Trejo.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @DarthDimi, I'm with you! I feel like our paths have crossed. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2014 Posts: 15,686
    Kevin Costner. I think I'm the only one in the world who liked '3 Days to Kill'. Loved him in Dances with Wolves, The Untouchables and JFK.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Ahh... I loved Kevin in Bull Durham (one of my favs!), and I enjoyed him in the Untouchables. But he lost me in Dances with Wolves on. So I feel rather mixed about him.
    Dances with Wolves is one of my favorite movies. Almost 4 hours of pure awesomeness.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Agreed on Dances with Wolves. John Barry is an important reason, besides Costner, for why I really like that film.

Another name I want to throw in the mix: Rob Zombie. Not an actor, I know, but so far not a single one of his films has let me down, except H2. But even H2 at least has an interesting visual style to offer. I love the House Of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects films, Halloween, El Superbeasto and even his more recent Lords Of Salem.
    I quite like Kevin Costner! He gets a pretty hard time which i think is a little unfair!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Kevin Bacon, Dennis Quaid, Dustin Hoffman, Donald Sutherland.
    Hikaru Nakamura, Sergio Busquets
    Heather Graham. I actually do think she is a great actress.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited August 2014 Posts: 17,687
    One actor I really like that should be talked about a lot more is Jeremy Piven.
    Judgment Night. :)>-
    Joe Mantegna. Not only he is in GFIII as Joey Zasa (one of the best things of the movie) but also he is the ultimate badass in Criminal Minds: smart, cool, and stylish. They gave him not only the award for best dressed gangster but also best dressed FBI profiler!
    0013 wrote: »
    Joe Mantegna. Not only he is in GFIII as Joey Zasa (one of the best things of the movie) but also he is the ultimate badass in Criminal Minds: smart, cool, and stylish. They gave him not only the award for best dressed gangster but also best dressed FBI profiler!

Not forgetting his best role:

250px-Fat_Tony_Tapped_Out_Artwork.png

:-bd
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I like Walt Disney.

Does anyone here like the new Caliph?
    Cristiano Ronaldo. Sure, he may sound a bit arrogant and selfish sometimes, but he's not the bad person that newspapers depict him.
    About actors, I really like Marion Cotillard. Many people, just because of her final scene in TDKR, think she's a bad actress, which is as far as you cloud get of the truth.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tom Cruise, for certain. I think he's a great, great talent in anything he tries, and can handle any kind of acting situation with finesse. Over the years my respect has only heightened for him, as he really goes out of his way to pick the projects he would enjoy most and even at his age he still does as many stunts as they will allow him to do. I still can't believe some of the things he pulls off in his stunts. He's very much an adrenaline junkie who really gets a enjoyment from trying new things and testing his limits, which I respect. Here's Tom sitting on the very top of the Burj Khalifa building in Dubai, the world's tallest building, while filming the fourth Mission Impossible film:
    mi4top.jpg

And to give you an idea of just how tall the building is:
    tom6r.jpg
  • Sharon Stone

And many others but her name popped up in my head first.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 1,631
    I'll have to agree with @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 and say that Tom Cruise is definitely atop my list in this area, and I pretty much agree with everything he already said. I've enjoyed each of Cruise's films that I've seen, and the ones that I haven't are somewhere on my "To Watch" list.
  • I think Cruise is a good actor (he was great in the Mission Impossible films and Tropic Thunder) but he seems like he's mental in real life. And he's a scientologist (so, in a cult basically) too.

I like him though (although I am angry at him for Jack Reacher, we're stuck with him in the role now even though he's completely wrong for the part).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think Cruise is a good actor (he was great in the Mission Impossible films and Tropic Thunder) but he seems like he's mental in real life. And he's a scientologist (so, in a cult basically) too.

I like him though (although I am angry at him for Jack Reacher, we're stuck with him in the role now even though he's completely wrong for the part).

Everybody always brings up the Scientology situation when criticizing him, but his beliefs are no stranger than those that others religions/belief systems spout. A lot of people live their lives in the hopes that a man in the sky will pass positive judgements on them when they die and allow them entrance into a utopia of the clouds, yet we're quick to call Tom the mental case? I in no way wish that to be a religion slam, I am only trying to point out that those criticizing Tom for a so-called "crazy" religion with a strange belief system could themselves be practicing one that is just as out there and other worldly.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 15,686
    I really don't care how Tom Cruise is in real life, it doesn't stop me from enjoying his movies and thinking he is one of the best actors currently in business.
  • Hopefully this thread doesn't get derailed into religious territory, but I also have never understood why Tom Cruise gets slagged so much for his personal beliefs. He doesn't push his views onto other people or star in a bunch of movies pushing Scientology, so really, who cares? Let the man be. He acts well and makes entertaining movies. Just appreciate him for that.

In addition to the M:I flicks, I've enjoyed Tom Cruise's performances in Vanilla Sky, The Last Samurai, Magnolia, War of the Worlds, Minority Report, and Collateral. Ridley Scott's Legend not so much, but he had some tough competition between Tim Curry and Mia Sara in their prime.
    I like Tom Cruise in The Color Of Money with Paul Newman. Awesome movie.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Everybody always brings up the Scientology situation when criticizing him, but his beliefs are no stranger than those that others religions/belief systems spout. A lot of people live their lives in the hopes that a man in the sky will pass positive judgements on them when they die and allow them entrance into a utopia of the clouds, yet we're quick to call Tom the mental case? I in no way wish that to be a religion slam, I am only trying to point out that those criticizing Tom for a so-called "crazy" religion with a strange belief system could themselves be practicing one that is just as out there and other worldly.
    ^ THIS!
    I believe in reincarnation of a sort. We ALL find our way through this messy life with possibly dopey beliefs. In the immortal words of Max Guevarra, "Whatever."
    Cruise rocks.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I happen to like Cruise, even if I don't care for his religious beliefs. He manages to keep it in church (or the space observatory).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I am going to add both Stacy Keach & Roy Scheider to my list.
    RIP Roy Scheider. You were great in The Punisher and Jaws.