Worst superhero moments of all time.

Comments

Call me crazy, but that test shot of Superman landing looked pretty damn good!

Of course I need only be reminded that the movie also had giant mechanical spiders, an 'R2-D2' styled sidekick at the Fortress of Solitude and, well, Nicholas Cage.... And it was a good idea to shelve this one.

* Sidenote: I did get a little excited when he said there would have been a Batman cameo
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm glad it never happened. Same with Jim Cameron's version of Spider-Man.

"ROOOAAAAARRRRRR!!!!"

=))
    BAIN123 wrote: »

"ROOOAAAAARRRRRR!!!!"

=))

Super cheesey!!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Watch out for his deadly fingernails of death. :p
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 11,189
    I don't mean to speak ill of him as a person but even Christopher Reeve seems pretty crap based on the scenes of this film I've watched. His overacting in the moon fight makes Brosnan's "pain face" look pretty minor.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    does Kick-Ass movies qualify as super-hero movies? If so, the whole scene in Kick-Ass 2 where Hit-Girl makes the mean girls in her school puke and poop like crazy. I don't know why, but in recent years when I see a movie with Jim Carrey, there's always some stuff about/involving poop. I really liked that Penguin movie with him, but they had to make these cute animals poop in Carrey's face.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Costumes, check; stupid hero names, check; dialogue that would mean spending time in an asylum if ever spoken elsewhere, check. Yup, Kick-Ass is every bit a super hero movie.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2014 Posts: 15,686
    I mean it's more of a parody than a serious super-hero movie, so I wasn't sure :)
    It mostly just parodies the idea of super heroes.
    Kick-Ass 2 was not that bad, though. I heard a lot of people complaining about it so it took me several months to watch it, but when I did I really enjoyed it. Ok, not as good as 1st one, but still pretty entertaining
    I didn't like the first one, so I'm probably not cashing in on the sequel. The odd thing is that I liked the first issue (as that's all I've read) of the comic that it's based on, but for some reason I could not enjoy the film.
    What didn't you like about the movie?
    Well, I thought the acting was a little stiff. The dialogue just didn't have the same feel (judging solely by the first issue, which I think amounts to about seven minutes of film). Some things just felt off, even for its genre. It simply was not a film I enjoyed.
    I don't mean to speak ill of him as a person but even Christopher Reeve seems pretty crap based on the scenes of this film I've watched.
    I'll go one better: supposedly Sarah Douglas (who played Ursa in Superman 1 & 2) recently admitted he was a diva behind the scenes!! I certainly hope she's exaggerating though, because Reeve always struck me as a genuinely nice guy. Hopefully it was just a misunderstood case of taking the role seriously.

I still can't believe he was freaking 26 in the first one....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2014 Posts: 28,694
    I don't mean to speak ill of him as a person but even Christopher Reeve seems pretty crap based on the scenes of this film I've watched.
    I'll go one better: supposedly Sarah Douglas (who played Ursa in Superman 1 & 2) recently admitted he was a diva behind the scenes!! I certainly hope she's exaggerating though, because Reeve always struck me as a genuinely nice guy. Hopefully it was just a misunderstood case of taking the role seriously.

Wow, I agree. If the whole rest of the film is like that clip I'm glad I haven't seen it. People give Cavill's Superman crap because of the destruction Metropolis is put under during the climax MoS but at least he fought Zod honorably and went to the ultimate lengths to protect the citizens. In that clip Superman just stood there with his pants down while the baddie destroyed an entire block, and barely lifted a finger the entire time. And let's not even talk about Chris's performance. What the hell went wrong?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2014 Posts: 16,328

Wow, I agree. If the whole rest of the film is like that clip I'm glad I haven't seen it. People give Cavill's Superman crap because of the destruction Metropolis is put under during the climax MoS but at least he fought Zod honorably and went to the ultimate lengths to protect the citizens. In that clip Superman just stood there with his pants down while the baddie destroyed an entire block, and barely lifted a finger the entire time. And let's not even talk about Chris's performance. What the hell went wrong?
    Cannon films produced it.
    Plus it had a production budget of £3.50.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    AND a director that hadn't a clue.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    AND a director that hadn't a clue.

I wouldn't put the director at the top of the list when it comes to looking for someone to blame.

Canon, Golan & Globus and the writers were more at fault than anyone for that travesty.
    I wouldn't put the director at the top of the list when it comes to looking for someone to blame.

Canon, Golan & Globus and the writers were more at fault than anyone for that travesty.
    Oh yes, of course, but a strong and talented director could have made changes that might have rendered the film watchable at the very least. Just telling the producers that the deadly fingernails of death had to go would have been something...
    :))

Superman 4 makes Batman & Robin look like a serious movie.
    'You will believe you can breathe in outer space'

superman-iv-quest-for-peace-1987.jpg
    And Lee Tamahori was so impressed with the visuals he used the same FX team for DAD. ;-)
    And Lee Tamahori was so impressed with the visuals he used the same FX team for DAD. ;-)

Please, at least DAD looked like a movie made in the 80s.
    Their quality of work improved tenfold and it still sucked. Huh.

www.earwolf.com/episode/superman-iii-live-bonus/

Above link very good interview with Jack O'Halloran, mentions Reeve. Warning swearing!
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,813
    You know, in my deepest, darkest moments I find myself curious about Batman Triumphant.

Not sure how far into production it got, but they had at least released the logo in 1999 (in tradition with Batman Forever's "?" logo and Batman & Robin's red bat + bird logo)
    tumblr_ld66e72ggy1qzaas0o1_500.jpg
    poster_batman_logo_1997_101-10-good-things-schumacher-did-with-his-batman-movies.jpeg?width=502&height=755
    1685.jpg
    Everywhere I've read about it states the same thing: Schumacher learned his lesson and ditched the neon Gotham City and hoped to bring back the tone of the first two movies, albeit with George Clooney. Maybe I'm just too forgiving, but I would have liked to see this 'Batman 5'.

Everything about Tim Burton's Batman Forever sounds like a dream come true for me.... right up to the part involving Marlon Wayans as Robin. I just can't wrap my head around that one. Christian Bale actually auditioned back then for Robin- talk about good things to those who wait!
    They completely ignored the fact that the Batman: Year One script was actually written by Frank Miller, not just based on the comic he wrote.
    I have a vague recollection that Will Smith was up for Robin and Travolta the scarecrow, glad the Travolta one did not work out.