Banshee (2013 - 16)

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited July 2016 in General Movies & TV Posts: 13,350
Ivana Milicevic has been cast as the female lead opposite Antony Starr in Banshee, Cinemax’s upcoming action drama series executive produced by Alan Ball and exec produced/directed by Greg Yaitanes. The 10-episode series, written by authors Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler, centers on Lucas Hood (Starr), an ex-convict and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA, where he continues his criminal activities even as he’s being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he had betrayed years earlier. Milicevic will play Carrie Hopewell, once a notorious jewel thief who now lives in Banshee under an assumed identity, with a husband and children who know nothing of her criminal past. Also cast in the series is Hoon Lee as a dangerous transvestite computer hacker who assists Lucas in his criminal enterprises.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/ivana-milicevic-to-star-in-banshee-derek-richardson-joins-anger-management/#more-243965

Best of luck to her with this new series.

Comments

• tqbtqb
    ivana........ivana humpalot.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I was going to start a Banshee thread but found this. I actually didn't recognise Ivana from CR. She was Le Chiffre's girlfriend, right? Anyway she's great as Carrie.

Anyway does anyone else watch Banshee? It's fantastic imo, probably my favourite show on TV right now along with Utopia. It's like a modern day spagetti western mixed with an action packed exploitation flick. It's not really deep or anything but it's so entertaining. It's stylish, there are fleshed out memorable, colourful characters, there are fit girls, nasty villains, there's tension, action, lots of sex and violence and some great fight scenes. I like the story and I also really like the lead, Antony Starr. He's badass and he has tons of presence even though the character doesn't talk that much. He reminded me a bit of Clint Eastwood in the Man With No Name films. I think he'd make a good James Bond.

If anyone wants to watch it the second series is currently airing on Mondays on Sky Atlantic in the UK. To save me starting another thread, could we just change the title of this one to Banshee?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    There you are.

It's surprising to see this hasn't been discussed yet, what with a third series coming next year.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 2,081
    I feel bad not having watched any of this series, despite Tomo Milicevic's little sis being in the lead role... I need to catch at least one episode somewhere, it would be embarrassing not to. :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I watched season 1 and I must say, one of the best shows on TV lately. Absolutly addictive, watched the whole 10 episodes in one sitting, I just couldn't stop, even when it was getting late I just had to start the next episode.
    I watched the first half of the pilot. Pretty violent beginning. Has potential.
    Milicevic looks great. She speaks in this series too. She didn't speak in CR.
    Ulrich Thomsen (TWINE) also has a part. Haven't seen him yet though.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Love this series although it seems to be not that well known.

Just finished season 3 and loved it. Seasons 1 & 2 also excellent.

Great cast of characters, ultra-violent and very addictive!

Best moment so far has to be Hood's fight with the cage-fighter....holy sh*t!!!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The final season of Banshee fell short of the bar set by Season 3, didn't care much for the Silence of Lambs/Red Dragon sub plot and just seemed to be there for misdirection for a plot point that I had my suspicions about from episode one.

I guess it was a suitable sign off for Hood and Co and Job got a fantastic revenge but certainly fell short of the superb sign off for the under appreciated Justified.

I mention that show because my Wife and I always thought Banshee was like Justified on PCP.
    I look forward to it!
    Finally completed season 4. Great send off for all the characters although the serial killer sub_plot was a bit weak.

Still great though and as sick, funny and as violent as ever. Those headbutts by Lucas were vicious!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Not seen any of this yet, but it sounds intriguing.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Not seen any of this yet, but it sounds intriguing.

Do yourself a favour, @Dragonpol

Banshee is a fantastic series. Be warned though, it pulls no punches with the sex and violence!

Not many series hold my attention for long, but every season of this has been gripping and addictive.