Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Shadow Warrior. (1997)

It's Duke Nukem with Asian stereotypes. You play as Lo Wang and you get to fight demons with a wide array of weapons. If you like Duke Nukem, then you will like this game too.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Creasy47

There is something so cool to playing that game with the volume turned right up and the Indiana Jones theme being blasted out in glorious 5.1 :-)

Absolutely! Running through all the scenes and locales from the films was so entertaining.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a LEGO Back To The Future Trilogy game. That would be great.

LEGO Jurassic Park Trilogy, man! Back to the Future would be cool, but Jurassic Park would be leaps and bounds cooler.
    BTTF has a Delorean and Hover Boards.

Winner! ;-)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Driving away from a LEGO T Rex.

Far cooler than seeing some serious sh*t at 88 mph.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,882
    With Jurassic Park, I would prefer a 3rd person action game (there was one in development on the PS2, I remember seeing screenshots of the Spinosaurus in OPS2 Magazine UK), to a Lego one.

---

Resident Evil 6

I playing through Leon's campaign, up to the boss battle (the last boss battle for Leon), with that flying bug zombie that uses zombies to regenerate lost limbs. I have not played a Resident Evil since #4, so this took a bit of getting used to. So far... it's ok.
    Never.
    With Jurassic Park, I would prefer a 3rd person action game (there was one in development on the PS2, I remember seeing screenshots of the Spinosaurus in OPS2 Magazine UK), to a Lego one.

---

Resident Evil 6

I playing through Leon's campaign, up to the boss battle (the last boss battle for Leon), with that flying bug zombie that uses zombies to regenerate lost limbs. I have not played a Resident Evil since #4, so this took a bit of getting used to. So far... it's ok.

@Major, I thought Leon's campaign was by far the strongest of the three. You may be in for a disappointment with the remainder of the game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Never.

---

Resident Evil 6

@Major, I thought Leon's campaign was by far the strongest of the three. You may be in for a disappointment with the remainder of the game.

I did like the Plane & Train stages, especially the former.
    Never.

---

Resident Evil 6

I did like the Plane & Train stages, especially the former.

It had much more of a feel of the Resident Evil games of old. Very creepy.

Let me know your thoughts when you finish the rest of the game.
    Never.

---

Resident Evil 6

Four. There were four campaigns, and yes, Leon's is the best. Jake's a close second, Ada's lands at three, Chris's a dead last, until the ending.
    Never.

---

Resident Evil 6

Four. There were four campaigns, and yes, Leon's is the best. Jake's a close second, Ada's lands at three, Chris's a dead last, until the ending.

Ah yes, I totally forgot about Ada's. But probably because that wasn't very good either.
    It had a decent beginning, a great ending (and, thankfully, no giant fly), but everything in-between was just kind of horrible.
    Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution. Both excellent games. Tomb Raider was so breathtaking experience. Best of the bunch, I've played, and way better reboot than TR : Legend.

Hitman didn't disappoint either. It wasn't as streamlined as I expected, and it felt like the old Hitman games, especially the last one , Blood Money, only with some modern touches seen in bunch of other games. But the heart was still there and the freedom. Again Hitman game made me think Bond should take notes from the hitman playbook.

Great, great games. Neither did disappoint me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,372
    @SharkBait, I couldn't disagree more on 'Absolution.' It had better graphics and that's it. Completely moved away from what made all of the other 'Hitman' games so fantastic, and 90% of the levels were this: 'Make it to the doorway at the end of the level.' Some levels had great promise and were ruined by mechanics and features altered in a way that was unlike anything ever before seen in the series, which was a bad thing. I can only hope the next-gen 'Hitman' game they're working on returns to the roots: big, sprawling levels with one to numerous targets to assassinate, with tons of outfits to don and ways to eliminate the enemy.

EDIT: Looks like my wish has come true. Didn't even notice this letter to the fans from IO Interactive, dating back to January of this year:

http://hitman.com/open-letter-to-hitman-fans/

It says they'll release more throughout the year, and it'll be filled with massive, non-linear, sprawling sandbox locations with targets to eliminate. Agent 47 has been stripped of his magic pockets (thankfully), too. They showed off a bit of concept art in late May that looks to be a museum (so that's one of the levels). It's him standing outside, with people walking around and fireworks going off. They say that you can explore every inch of the interior and exterior of the level, and that it's bigger than any location in 'Absolution.' This is going to be amazing. I hope we do hear more concrete information this year and the game releases next year. Since it'll be next-gen only, I can't wait to see how big the levels can be and what they'll be able to do with crowds and whatnot.
    Then we might have playd different games ;) Anyway, I got everything I love about Hitman from this game. Even the more action packed levels didn't bother me.
    @SharkBait, like someone elsewhere put it: 'It was a good game, but a terrible Hitman game.' That's how I felt about it. Most of the levels were designed for action-packed shootouts. Most of that didn't bother me, it just got ridiculous after a little while, feeling like I couldn't play it stealthy with ease. The other levels were either assassination levels (just a few, but I loved them) or horrid, linear 'walk to this door' levels. Happy that IO Interactive learned from that mistake and is taking the good aspects from 'Absolution' and the great aspects from 'Silent Assassin,' 'Contracts,' and 'Blood Money,' and delivering a quality next-gen game with that concoction.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,882
    I didn't like Absolution. It was a good looking game, and there was some nice touches (such as being able to disguise 47 as a scarecrow in the cornfield), but if the previous games were simulations, then Absolution was very arcade-y.

Resident Evil 6
    I've now finished Chris' campaign, Jake's campaign is up next. Other than the Jeep chase and the jet sequence, nothing stood out. I was brought to the brink of pulling out my hair during the battle with Haos. The part that kept catching me out was having to get under the barrier, then immediately climbing the wall on the other side.
    Jake doesn't have any annoying sections like Haos, thank God.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,882
    Resident Evil 6

I'm still on Jake's campaign, fleeing from the Ustanak. I'm at the point where I have to get through the blast doors. As I start opening the last door, the Ustanak breaks through into the same passage, as I open the door, the Ustanak charges at Sherry, and crushes her against the wall. I have since found out, that using both thumb-sticks apparantly helps during these QTE's.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 12,243
    250px-MarioAndLuigiSuperstarSagaGBACoverArtUS.jpg

What can I say, I'm a Nintendo junkie!
    Resident Evil 6

I'm still on Jake's campaign, fleeing from the Ustanak. I'm at the point where I have to get through the blast doors. As I start opening the last door, the Ustanak breaks through into the same passage, as I open the door, the Ustanak charges at Sherry, and crushes her against the wall. I have since found out, that using both thumb-sticks apparantly helps during these QTE's.

It does? Never knew that. I've never actually had trouble with one stick. Wait till ya get to chapter 3, it's damn great fun at the beginning.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,813
    New system. New game.

Master Dahark is ready for 2015

936090_10100447644249511_7475347749136370524_n.jpg

I had MGS V on the PS3 first- when that system died I wanted my first game to be something I was familiar with, and I was AMAZED at the difference in quality!!

Now that I have a PS4, the door has opened for the new Batman, Mortal Kombat, etc. All kinds of games I thought I'd never get!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Add me on PSN: marketto007 :D
    edited August 2014 Posts: 40,372
    Add me, as well! PSN: Creasy007

@Master_Dahark, if you try out the beta for Playstation Now, you can play MGS IV on the PS4, as well.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Me too. That's my favorite Mario RPG. My favorite RPG ever is EarthBound.
    Murdock wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »

Me too. That's my favorite Mario RPG. My favorite RPG ever is EarthBound.

Awesome!!! This might sound disturbing, but I've probably beaten Superstar Saga 20+ times. It's my fifth all-time favorite video game; it's super addicting.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Anyone seen the Super Mario Brothers movie? And I thought CR67 was weird...

(I own them both.)
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Master_Dahark, if you try out the beta for Playstation Now, you can play MGS IV on the PS4, as well.
    I just looked into that- to the best of my knowledge, it only lets you 'rent' the games? Are they for real??
    Seems to me they're only a patch away from letting us actually use PS3 disks in the system- they're just greedy.
    @Master_Dahark, it's for real. The prices you see right now are beta prices, and once the full service rolls out with more games, they plan on implementing a subscription service, which would essentially have you pay X amount a month for unlimited play time on all of the games. Those are the prices for now.

I'm not taking part in it because it's a beta...that you have to pay for. Very, very clever marketing on their part: have our customers try out this product by paying for it. Plus, nothing jumped out at me. Maybe when some more hidden gems are released or AAA titles I want to play come out.
    Anyone seen the Super Mario Brothers movie? And I thought CR67 was weird...

(I own them both.)

Yes and I love it. I can't wait to get the special edition Bluray this fall! :D
    Anybody have The Last of Us on PS4? Is it noticeably different like Ground Zeroes is?
    I understand they're doing a similar remake for GTA5- that'll be something!