The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    He'd be T.
    My problem with the faked shooting by Ourumov is that it makes no sense in the context of Alec's motives. In the monument cemetery he intimates that he went private because the end of the Cold War made everything he did for MI6 ultimately pointless. Yet the PTS of GE takes place in 1986, before the Cold War began to thaw. So was that speech a lie or what?
    Murdock wrote: »
    Ourumov could have just shot past him with a live round. If he shot him, then we'd have no movie. :))

That's always been my interpretation of it,i've never thought otherwise tbh.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    cdsdss wrote: »
    My problem with the faked shooting by Ourumov is that it makes no sense in the context of Alec's motives. In the monument cemetery he intimates that he went private because the end of the Cold War made everything he did for MI6 ultimately pointless. Yet the PTS of GE takes place in 1986, before the Cold War began to thaw. So was that speech a lie or what?

He could have seen the changing geopolitical landscape and just foresaw the coming end of the Cold War.

Or, the writers forgot that the PTS took place in 86 when they wrote the statue park speech.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He'd be T.

That is Mr T to you.
    He'd be the weirdest M in history.
    OK,i'm being lazy but i cant be bothered to check,being a veteran on here,so....can someone let me know which PTS is the longest,as i am watching SF and i think it runs TWINE pretty close if not more ...who wants to check or who knows ?
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 19,339
    bloody hell thanks !!.. was i in a time warp ? just paused SF ...you already tested it @Birdleson ?

How close is it ?
    No not at all,it was damn close,never had occured to me before...thanks for the heads up matey,back to SF ,Bond has just been cleared for duty !!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Yes, I think TWINE's runs for almost 15 minutes.
    Thanks chaps...if you can get the exact times we can file it.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Absolutely sure I've seen a full list of PTS times in the past but darned if I can find it now. Didn't it used to be on Wikipedia somewhere?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Absolutely sure I've seen a full list of PTS times in the past but darned if I can find it now. Didn't it used to be on Wikipedia somewhere?

I can't find it, either, but TWINE definitely has the longest running time. It's 14-16 minutes long, I believe.
    After few years of being a member on this forum, this is the first time I'm seeing this thread.

Great thread (y)
    Okay, it looks like from the start of SF (the very beginning of the running time) to exactly when Adele's theme song kicks in (with the instruments), it's 12 minutes and 55 seconds long. It would appear that TWINE is at least over a minute longer than SF in the PTS department, but I'm not sure how much, exactly.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I thought TWINE was something like 17 minutes. It's far longer than any other.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    I thought TWINE was something like 17 minutes. It's far longer than any other.

I only said 14 minutes or so because it's what I read in a few different places yesterday, but I, too, always thought it was at least 16 minutes long, closer to 17.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's 14 minutes 17 seconds, with Die Another Day being the second longest, I believe.
    @Samuel001, TWINE is? Wow, I thought it was a lot longer than that.
    Wait, DAD's PTS is second longest? I always thought it was one of the shorter ones.
    Wait, DAD's PTS is second longest? I always thought it was one of the shorter ones.

I never knew that, either, but I can see how, going from the opening, surfing, arrival at the camp, the speech, escape, entire hovercraft chase, and capture. It does last a long while.

• edited August 2014 Posts: 368
    Hi, I have a more scientific question for experts. :)
    Do you know which poison is used by the ninja who kills Aki in YOLT? Because it is VERY fast!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I'm not an expert when it comes to toxicology, but I'm guessing it's just fictional poison, as I've never heard of someone dieing as quick as Aki did from poison.
    I watched YOLT only last Thursday, and I thought what a saddening scene it was...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Probably the same poison in Rosa Klebb's shoe.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    That would be liquid nitro glycerine which has a high speed affect when ingested.
    Hi, thanks but my best friend and I just found it. It must be liquid Sarin:
    A drop of neat liquid sarin, the size of a pinhead, will kill anyone who ingests it in 60 seconds or less. Sarin causes dyspnea and finally breeds apnoea.
    Sorry to rain on your parade but sarin which was invented in 1938 is far to unstable to be used in the way that is shown in the film it would turn to a gas within seconds if you notice the poison in the film has a certain thickness to it that allows it to cling to the thread as it travels down to Aki.
    But I read in two sources that it can be kept liquid...
    Yes that's right but only if it is sealed in a container as soon as it is exposed to the air it converts to gas by evaporation .
  • Ok, thank you.It's a pity! :( But which poison is it now?