Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @WillyGalore, I ought to give that one a try! ;) though sometimes I'll do a lot for Mom and she offers to pick up a movie for me or something, so I'll feel bad squeezing a $50 purchase out of her, ;). I feel like Tuesday will hit and I won't even think, I'll just buy it. My only concern from that is how much money I'll need until I get paid again, and how long it'll take to install the game. It's a 50GB install on the PS4!

Anyway, we're taking this off course, so I'll bring it back on track. Apologies for that. ;).

Here are the new mini posters for Thor and Hulk, which, when pieced together, reveals a big concept art poster for 'The Avengers: Age Of Ultron':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121097
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    First look at the hitman reboot.
    93b2e8a3e55bc6bcb0899696351787bd.jpg
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 2,491
    I just saw Blended. For the hate that Sandler gets this was actually a pretty funny movie. The IMDb grade speaks for itself compared to his other movies.
    It has more sarcastic remarks and less fart/vagina jokes (but oh they are still there)
    Drew Barrymore is just all around cute, and I give this movie a 7 out of 10.

edit: I jsut realized this is a thread for upcoming releases and not the rate the last movie you've seen thread....so to be on topic:

http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-manns-cyber-thriller-chris-hemsworth-now-called-blackhat/

Also Expendables 3 got leaked online 2 weeks before its premiere....HOLY.Sh**. Someone is going to get fired and get fired HARD for this one. I can not believe they've done soemthing like this.

This will cost them a lot of money on the box office..
    @Murdock, I think he looks a lot more like Agent 47 in the games than Olyphant did. I'm excited.

@dragonsky, thanks for news on the new Mann film. I figured it would get retitled.
    Here's another pic of Friend as Agent 47:
    agent47-firstlook1-tsr.jpg

I'm excited about the new Hitman film as well. I'm very much looking forward to how Rupert Friend handles such a role. Hopefully it won't keep him from being a contender to replace Craig after Bond 25.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,371
    Thank you for posting that, @dalton! I'll admit, I'm excited for it, as well, though the trailer description plays it off as another action-friendly version of Agent 47, not the stealth version. Either way, I feel like he looks closer to the character than Olyphant did; nothing against Olyphant, because he's a fantastic actor who is seriously underrated, but I'm simply going off of pure looks. I can't wait to see the trailer, as I'll most certainly end up watching the film. Too big a fan of the games to pass that up (as you can tell from my username. ;-))

Having said that, though, why can't they shave the actor's head down and then apply a bald cap? Agent 47 is a clone engineered in a lab who does not have hair on his head, so it doesn't even look shaved. Helps with the securing of DNA at a crime scene.
    You're welcome @Creasy47.

Not really sure about why they don't go the bald cap route. Seems like it would be something that would be relatively easy to do in this day in age, with the effects technology that is currently employed by filmmakers.
    You'd most certainly think so, @dalton. If they're willing to shave their head for a role, just throw on a bald cap and boom, that's one complaint from hardcore fans you won't have to listen to. I don't buy that they can't do that and make it look proper and real. The 'Hitman' games pride themselves on the ability to both play as stealthily as possible - only killing the main target(s) if you want to - or you can outfit assault rifles and the dual-wield Silverballers with armor-piercing rounds and go to work, mean and nasty. I usually picked the former route until I was spotted, and then I would take the latter approach.

However, I know that it won't just be stealthy the entire time, but it'll be nice to see. There was a very small snippet of that in the Olyphant version, but I'd enjoy seeing half and half, with more characters from the games (perhaps even a film based on a few missions from 'Silent Assassin,' 'Contracts,' or 'Blood Money'), action setpieces involving locations taken straight from the game, and Agent 47 wearing believable and/or goofy outfits.

Also, I just read a snippet of the synopsis, and it sounds like: (spoiler tag, just in case nobody wants to know what it's about yet...for some reason...I don't know.):
    Another 'genetically created killer' in the form of a female named Katia Van Dee will team up with Agent 47 to stop a syndicate. What irks me about this is, again, it goes away from his character: he is always a lone wolf. He has allies and contacts, but he doesn't work hand in hand with them like this. To me, this is them shoehorning in another female lead, like they did with 'Hitman.'
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Getting to see 47 dressed as father Christmas in a scene based of 'You Better Watch Out...'? Ok, where can I buy my ticket. :))

I will see this at some point, but I won't hold my breath for a proper translation of the games/character.
    @MajorDSmythe, that would make me so happy. Or watching him dressed up as a clown, staring hungrily at the hot housewife in 'A New Life.'
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Footage from Comic-Con of Mad Max: Fury Road.

@WillyGalore, I was blown away when I watched that earlier. Those chase scenes and action sequences look amazing. I could do with a little less CGI, and I worry that the orange tint may get a little annoying - but it does take place in a desert, so I can give it that - but still, it looks wonderful.

Apparently, Tarantino is wrapping up Comic-Con. He's there for the 'Django Unchained' comic book sequel, but there's word he'll confirm the early 2015 shooting schedule for 'The Hateful Eight':

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/quentin-tarantino-prepping-early-2015-start-on-hateful-eight-will-he-dish-at-panel/
    Footage from Comic-Con of Mad Max: Fury Road.

That trailer was epic! Fully aprove of that!!! :-bd
    I typically hate trailer previews, but this one has me more than excited and I can't wait for tomorrow. Here's the teaser for the official trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies':

Also, Quentin Tarantino confirms 'The Hateful Eight' is a go (likely for an early 2015 start, winter 2015 release) and he is still working on an extended edition of the 'Kill Bill' films, adding in animated footage that was removed from the films.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/comic-con-quentin-tarantino-confirms-hateful-eight-is-a-go-talkes-django-unchained-zorro-comic-book/#more-792554

The first trailer for 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I' is online:

http://bit.ly/X1ANrN
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Guys, guys. Check the Mad Max thread. New posters and a TRAILER for the new one. Looks amazing. I might watch Road Warrior again some time soon to celebrate.

EDIT: Oh, you already posted the trailer here. Well screw you guys :P
    New red band trailer for Sin City: A Dame To Kill for:

It's sad to see that the red-band trailer opens up with showing off the cameos of Miller and Rodriguez. Wish they had saved those for the film, but it looks like every film with cameos wants to showcase them before the final release.

That trailer definitely has me even more excited to see it. I'll be catching it in theaters hopefully.
    New red band trailer for Sin City: A Dame To Kill for:

Well hell that trailer is gonna get a few REWATCHES!!!!!!! :)) ;)
    Just watched the Hobbit trailer!!! Hell yes and roll on December!!! \m/
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I admit I've never seen any of these films. Did R. Rodriguez direct the others? This looks interesting visually, just the way it was shot.

@4EverBonded, there's only one out, and it was released in 2005: 'Sin City,' and yes, Robert Rodriguez directed it, with Quentin Tarantino directing one two or three minute scene. The visuals are fantastic, with hints of color added in here or there, such as constant red Converses (which really stand out with the black-and-white), green eyes, red lipstick, an orange explosion, etc. Check it out and see if you like it. I think the sequel does look good enough to warrant watching it in theaters, but I won't get too excited, as I feel like it won't be as good as the first.
    If this happens, I will cry uncontrollably for the rest of time:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41553
    That such a rumour would surface sooner or later seems unavoidable, given the obvious resemblance of the two actors.
    I could imagine a lot of things worse than Rufallo playing Columbo. Really, it doesn´t seem such a bad idea.

• edited July 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Here is the trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies

EDIT: I see it's already been uploaded over in The Hobbit thread.
    Here are three new images in the gallery for 'Agent 47':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121164#/slide/6
    I just saw 22 Jump Street and I loved it as much as the first one. I think I found my new favorite (comedy) franchise. Buddy cop movies never disappoint.
    So I came in this thread to ask if there are any plans of third movie ?

Because in the movie they kinda teased a third one but they also made fun of movies that have sequels so....
    dragonsky wrote: »
    I just saw 22 Jump Street and I loved it as much as the first one. I think I found my new favorite (comedy) franchise. Buddy cop movies never disappoint.
    So I came in this thread to ask if there are any plans of third movie ?

Because in the movie they kinda teased a third one but they also made fun of movies that have sequels so....

Given the box office for it, I'd be surprised if they didn't do a sequel. But, like an article I read on it, it might ruin the big joke of '22 Jump Street' being a sequel, poking fun at current reboots and the ridiculous sequels they get.

The first poster for 'The Hateful Eight' has been releasing, confirming the 2015 release date:

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/The-Hateful-Eight-poster.jpg

New trailer for 'Interstellar' has arrived:

http://bit.ly/1nJffKI
    Anybody fancy a job in Paramount Picture's Marketing Department?

Couldn't be any worse than this lot... ;-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28560042
    It's a bit of an oversight, but I think that whole situation is blown out of proportion and only became "extreme" once it got floated around by various news sites. That's the Australian version of the poster, I don't think it's that big of a deal, really.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Do we know yet if Kurt Russell will be in The Hateful Eight? I sure hope so.
    Do we know yet if Kurt Russell will be in The Hateful Eight? I sure hope so.

I'm not sure if there is an official confirmation on the cast, but I do believe that most of the actors on the IMDB list are going to be in the film, especially Russell, Dern, Roth, and Madsen. I believe those were the four that received the script a while back, leading to one being leaked and the whole debacle of Tarantino swearing off doing a film version. Looks like there were no hard feelings, though. Take a look:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3460252/

I do hope his constant stuntwoman (and 'Death Proof' actress) Zoe Bell appears in the film. From what I saw in the script, she'd make a great Six Horse Judy (if it is indeed the character I recall. Only read about 20 or 25 pages.)

Also, Alex Kurtzman has been hired to direct the reboot of 'The Mummy':

http://bit.ly/1rQQTS2