SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

No. That's a crazy suggestion.

I read a few weeks back that a Scando director had basically been offered the job and then Mendes came back on the scene. Can't remember who it was, but he basically said that he been about to direct the next one and then they ditched him.
    dragonsky wrote: »
    As I don't know if there's a thread about who we want to direct future Bond movies I'll ask here- What about Luc Besson ? Would you like to see him as Bond director ?

Here's the proper thread.
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1468/what-directors-would-you-like-to-see-helm-a-bond-film-or-more#latest
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getafix wrote: »

I read a few weeks back that a Scando director had basically been offered the job and then Mendes came back on the scene. Can't remember who it was, but he basically said that he been about to direct the next one and then they ditched him.

Which could give even more support to rumors that Bond 24 will partly take place in Scandinavia and the surrounding areas. Maybe even most of the film with take place there?
    Let's hope so! Would be cool.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    If I as I hope? Quantum should return? I wonder if we may return to a new age Russian old style cold war involvement for Bond 24? Kind of thought about it as I watched a little bit of Octopussy yesterday!

This. The world events that happen as the script is written (last time around it was Assange) tend to find their way into the scripts, so we could see a villain, dare I say, Putinesque?
    StoneShi wrote: »
    StoneShi wrote: »
    Mendes is what salvaged Skfall and he is what will salvage Bond 24... if it can be salvaged.

What makes you think Bond 24 needs to be salvaged at all?

The same thing that makes Cubby Broccoli Family think it needs to be salvaged... so much that they would push back the production of a big multi-million movie, at great cost I'm sure, several month. I run a Project Management Consultancy (Oravida Shanghai) and let's say if one of my projects fell behind that badly the manager would be sacked. So I won't be hiring making calls to Broccoli or Wilson after this mess up.

To be frank, you are talking utter nonsense - and I suspect a fair number on this forum think the same of your views on this matter. Film production schedules move back all the time often for script re-writes or sometimes casting issues, or finance reasons. A two months shift is notable but nothing extreme in the film world - as I say it happens all the time, for example a top rated tv show I've been writing on just had to shift back 2 weeks for casting and location reasons - and on a tv show 2 weeks is quite a bit of time, but everyone is professional and use to such things and deal with it - just as the team on Bond 24 are naturally dealing with their new schedule, which still keeps Bond 24 on target for its release date.

And BTW, Broccoli and Wilson own the cinematic Bond (with MGM - partners etc.), they are not hired gun producers as you seem to suggest - they run the show and they always will keep the rights within the family. Period.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Exactly. Thanks again, ColonelSun. Always good to hear your thoughts, which - besides being interesting and having relevant experience - are usually a sane voice of reason.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Yep. It was the guy who directed the movie headhunters and interestingly enough, the leading lady in that film has screen tested for Bond 24.
    As far as I remember it, they approached several directors (in Cannes etc) but apparantly they were - maybe scared - to follow such a success, who knows? Then Mendes came back into the picture. So no, they were not sitting around waiting. Sam at least will be up against himself now. Of course, the delay is still a shame.

It was Morten Tyldrum, if memory serves me correct.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    bondsum wrote: »

I'm sure it was Nicolas Winding Refn whom they had talked to.
    There were a number of directors that the producers had spoken to before Mendes came back into the fold. Amongst those directors where the likes of Ang Lee, Nicholas Winding Refn, David Yates, Christopher Nolan and a few others (it's not known how serious any of these names actually where). Morten Tyldrum came forward and revealed that he had been asked to read the script/treatment for Bond 24 but nothing came of it.

My guess is that Tyldrum was one of the chosen few to look over the script to see if the prospect interested him. Considering is track-record and the film he is currently working on it was likely that he was EON's favourite.

Which could give even more support to rumors that Bond 24 will partly take place in Scandinavia and the surrounding areas. Maybe even most of the film with take place there?

I'd love to, but not sure if it is realistic.
    MrBond wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »

I'm sure it was Nicolas Winding Refn whom they had talked to.

Yes, Nicolas Winding Refn was also rumoured to be a contender. However, Morten Tyldrum had been in talks with the producers according to various sources, who asked him to read a script (presumably a first draft of Bond 24) but with Sam Mendes now in charge of Bond 24 they are now interested in Tyldum’s availability for Bond 25 “in a couple of year’s time”. Of course, anything could change for Bond 25.

denofgeek.com/movies/james-bond/25807/headhunters-director-on-the-james-bond-shortlist
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 3,160

Besides the norwegian fjords it's not very exotic here. And if filming takes places dec '14- around april '15-ish, it's cold and grey all over, much like the Scotland scenes from SF.

I'd much more prefer him in a more exotic environment somewhere in the tropics.

I imagine that we'll probably get a little bit of Bond 24 in Scandinavia, mainly since we haven't really had a good dose of wintry locations since Die Another Day, but I can't see the majority of the film taking place there. It'll probably be one of the first stops along the way, similar to Shanghai or Macau in Skyfall.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 3,160
    If they decide to include Scandinavia, I just hope that we will actually see Bond doing stuff there, and just not some establishing shots, where the rest is filmed at Pinewood and London, like they did with the Shanghai and Macau scenes in SF.
    My thoughts exactly, @Zekidk. I really thought that they wasted Shanghai and Macau in Skyfall, as both could have been really interesting locations in which Bond could have spent some extended time.
  • Zekidk wrote: »

Besides the norwegian fjords it's not very exotic here. And if filming takes places dec '14- around april '15-ish, it's cold and grey all over, much like the Scotland scenes from SF.

I'd much more prefer him in a more exotic environment somewhere in the tropics.

No one thinks it's very exotic where they live. It's entirely possible they could make it look nicer than it is or just keep it set primarily within the fjords.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    It would be nice if they shot in Scandinavia. Might be able to catch some scene being filmed. Although I did enjoy Bond in London. It's time to go to new places.

I read recently that Mendes said that he won't do more spy films after this. That could mean new director for 25.
    I never assumed, he would do 25, when he hardly could be convinced to do this one. Out of the question IMO.
    A little side note regarding Tyldum and Bond: Tyldum is currently working with spy related themes, directing The Imitation Game, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Rory Kinnear.
    Interesting to hear that EON were speaking to Nolan. Surely Bond and Nolan has to happen?
    Nolan is horrible when it comes to action fight scenes. His action set pieces are good but he can't film fights properly.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Nolan is horrible when it comes to action fight scenes. His action set pieces are good but he can't film fights properly.

I find it odd that your participating in the identical conversation in the proper 'directors' thread but still continuing to be off topic in the Bond 24 thread.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1468/what-directors-would-you-like-to-see-helm-a-bond-film-or-more#latest
    With all this delaying of the scripts and what not I am starting to think that B24 might be worse than SF and CR :( I hope I'm wrong though
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »

I find it odd that your participating in the identical conversation in the proper 'directors' thread but still continuing to be off topic in the Bond 24 thread.

I find it odd that you obviously have failed to see that I made 1 closed comment merely responding to others who brought up Nolan in the first place.

dragonsky wrote: »
    With all this delaying of the scripts and what not I am starting to think that B24 might be worse than SF and CR :( I hope I'm wrong though

I do hope, you are right, if that means, they will give us more of those two mentioned.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just to say that during the wait time for a film, IMDb is about as reliable as Wikipedia. I just glanced at it for Bond 24 and it has taken Logan's name off entirely for the writing. I think that's a bit drastic at this point. At least they removed Penelope as a Bond girl.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just to say that during the wait time for a film, IMDb is about as reliable as Wikipedia. I just glanced at it for Bond 24 and it has taken Logan's name off entirely for the writing. I think that's a bit drastic at this point. At least they removed Penelope as a Bond girl.

They also changed it from 'Bond 24' to that other fake, fan-made title to 'Bond 25,' then finally back to 'Bond 24.'