It's Carnival Time! - The WORLD CUP FINALS 2014.

Comments

@WillyGalore

I never claimed it was a penalty, only the red card was not given.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    @WillyGalore

You're outraged because Silva wasn't sent off. Yet the Dutch were given a rather fortunate penalty.

I'd rather be 1-0 up against 11 men than 0-0 against 10.

Given how the Dutch failed to scored in their previous 240 minutes of football, you should be thankful the ref did you a favour.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'm just over the moon because my TV is fixed and I can finally watch World Cup live on tv!!!!! :-bd <:-P

Don't know what time the final match will play here, though; I will probably be at work. :( Watching Brazil and Netherlands now, 5:30 a.m. here.
    How poor are Brazil?!!! :-O They are certainly lucky to still have 11 men on the pitch that's for sure!
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 7,653
    SaintMark wrote: »
    @WillyGalore

You're outraged because Silva wasn't sent off. Yet the Dutch were given a rather fortunate penalty.

I'd rather be 1-0 up against 11 men than 0-0 against 10.

Given how the Dutch failed to scored in their previous 240 minutes of football, you should be thankful the ref did you a favor.

The refs have done the Dutch no favors, I predict that here will be Dutch players send of with red, as Brasil cannot be allowed to lose.

As for offensive power the Dutch have that in masses. Against Costa Rica it was unbelievable how the ball did not go in, against Argentina they came up against the best defense of the tournament.

But overall you cannot complain about the Dutch scoring this tournament, they belong to the teams that have scored the most.

Silva should have been sent of, no penalty should have been given. But this referee shows already that he lacks the skills to do a game at this level.
    Half time! Man, I want the Netherlands to score more.

P.S., I had forgotten how amusing Japanese commercials are ... ;)
    Half time! Man, I want the Netherlands to score more.

P.S., I had forgotten how amusing Japanese commercials are ... ;)

Are they anything like this?

;-)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    That's the clearest red card you will ever see. And then he gives the penalty when it isn't. Absolutely disgraceful refereeing - although I guess the guy is thinking of his safety as there's only so much more of this a South American crowd can take before a full on pitch. Once he decided to give the penalty he didn't have the bottle to give the red as we.

Is this the worst Brazil team in history? Indubitably.

They've always been mediocre at the back but made up for it up front. Now they're shit at both ends. How have they even got this far?
    SCOLARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why, yes they are actually!

Often involve cute kids doing funny things or acting like an adult, plenty of kimonos, sumo wrestlers and exaggerated expressions and - well really, an oversaturation - of cartoonish/anime type characters. Props and characters - it is a fantasy, fun world in the land of commercials. Also liberally populated with Japanese singers, celebrities, etc.
    What a pile of bollocks I'm watching here. Time to stop pissing about Big Phil - lets get Fred stripped off!
    What a pile of bollocks I'm watching here. Time to stop pissing about Big Phil - lets get Fred stripped off!

I believe he's currently at an abandoned amusement park with Daphne and Velma. ;-)

I believe he's currently at an abandoned amusement park with Daphne and Velma. ;-)

I'd sooner have Scrappy Doo up top.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Terrible referee.
    Terrible referee.

true, the Dutch met this clown before.

Terrible referee.

Agreed. Utterly appalling. He's gotten all the big decisions wrong. Thank God he's not in charge of the final.
    Yeah baby! 3 now for the Netherlands. Last one felt a looooong time coming.
    SO the Dutch showed that they were superior to Brasil, who got 10 goals scored against them in 2 matches.
    Too bad they forgot to score against Argentina.
    Personally I think Van Gaal has bottled that. Set up so negatively against the Argies and was happy to go to penalties when if they'd really gone for it it was there for the taking.

Brazil though you have to say have overachieved with that squad full of dross. Big Phil should get a contract extension for managing to get them to the SF.
    Personally I think Van Gaal has bottled that. Set up so negatively against the Argies and was happy to go to penalties when if they'd really gone for it it was there for the taking.

I agree

Brazil though you have to say have overachieved with that squad full of dross. Big Phil should get a contract extension for managing to get them to the SF.

They should get a coach that kicks out the primadonnas and gets the football players in. This team is a disgrace.
    The worst Brazilian team I have ever seen.

Read a damning report by Tim Vickery on them last week. He summed it up brilliantly.
    And just watched Robben speaking to an interviewer, in (I think) Dutch with the Japanese translated nearly simultaneously ... I have to laugh at myself. Here I am trying to discern any word at all (I don't speak much Japanese, nor Dutch). My head is going to explode! I understood "thank you." but that's about it. :D

Anyway, what matters is the score and I'm happy with the way the Netherlands played.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2014 Posts: 4,415
    Whas very happy with 3th goal half way second half, realy welcome.

3616154-937734-three-people-in-the-winners-podium-second-place-first-place-third-place.jpg

#:-S :D
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    281922-grumpy-cat.jpg
    The future looks great for the Oranje, even though Robben, Sneijder and Van Persie will more than likely be either not at the next World Cup or not very effective, they have a great contingent of young players, and I'm sure there are many more who will emerge in the coming years.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 1,261
    Daniel Craig will be a VIP guest at tonight's final? No Argentinian representatives?
    Bsb6PTbIEAAzg5Q.jpg
    The DCINB snipers will know where he'll be later on then. ;-)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 1,261
    And Materazzi as well? And no Zidane?
    ;) :-O \:D/
    OK Ukrainian snipers, here's your chance at Putin.
    Also, Diego Maradona won't be present due to the huge line he encountered at his hotel.
This discussion has been closed.