Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• the only film to watch this year unless you're a pathetic film wannabe, who just follows the accepted wisdom of the narrow-minded losers who love the sound of their own voices in their own minds. pathetic.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    the only film to watch this year unless you're a pathetic film wannabe, who just follows the accepted wisdom of the narrow-minded losers who love the sound of their own voices in their own minds. pathetic.
    So, what other films will you be watching this year?
    Why is this being announced now? It was shown in Germany 6 months ago.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Fast & Furious 7' wraps production, heartfelt letter released for the fans:

http://www.slashfilm.com/fast-and-furious-7-finished-filming/
    Thank you for posting that, Creasy. RIP Paul @};-
    QBranch wrote:
    Thank you for posting that, Creasy. RIP Paul @};-

You're quite welcome! I can't imagine how it's going to feel when we see him on screen for the first time in the film.
    Yes, it's going to be surreal, stirring all sorts of emotions. I'll definitely be at the cinema for that one, taking some tissues with me.
    @QBranch, I couldn't agree more. I want to go to a midnight release of it to share in that with all the other fans, because I'm sure we'll all cheer and applaud when he first comes on screen.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120424

Apparently, before helming the new Pedator movie, Shane Black is going to direct a comedy-noir, set in the 70s, and starring Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling as a fighter and a detective teaming up. Joel Silver is producing.
    Sounds almost too good to be true.
    I don't know how I feel about Gosling, but it sounds like 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang,' so I'm definitely in!

Oh shit, this gets me pumped up.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't know how I feel about Gosling, but it sounds like 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang,' so I'm definitely in!
    I forgot to mention, Black´s also going to write it himself. Another big plus. And it sounds as if the film will be a smaller project than Predator, so chances increase they won´t insist on PG13.

boldfinger wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I forgot to mention, Black´s also going to write it himself. Another big plus.

That is definitely a big plus. His work on 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' was absolutely fantastic, so if he's doing the same for this, I am definitely in.
    I was looking at the Sin City 2 cast list on IMDb, and the Doc himself, Christopher Lloyd is rumoured to be in the film. Upon further searching, I stumbled across this:

http://www.break.com/article/christopher-lloyd-in-robert-rodriguezs-sin-city-2-trailer-a-dame-to-kill-for-2584681

Checked the first trailer, there's two split-second shots of him. Awesome!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited July 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Lloyd is a great actor. Thanks, @QBranch.

Wonder what part he is playing?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think I'm the only one that isn't excited for 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.' I didn't care for 'Rise' in the slightest, and this appears to be more of the same. I might catch it on Redbox in a few months. I'm definitely not paying to go see it like I did with 'Rise.'
    @Creasy47 Why didn't you like Rise? I haven't seen any of the other Apes films but I thought Rise was great and I'm looking forward to seeing the new one.
    Almost everyone seemed to, it just wasn't for me. I thought it was slow and didn't really do much for me, and the finale was weak and lacking to me. Perhaps I should rewatch that one again, but at the same time, it could be one of those films everyone loves that I don't care for.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Never had any interest in the series. :P
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Yeah, I'll pass on these last two. You can't top the original/s, although I really enjoyed the one with Mark Wahlberg.
    I didn't care for Rise of the Planet of the Apes either. I remember John Lithgow and Andy Serkis being the only redeeming qualities that the film had. Aside from them, it was just a painfully dull film.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, however, looks pretty good. I'm not going to pay to see it in theaters, though, after being burned by Rise, which got good reviews as well, but I'll definitely rent it on Netflix in a couple of months.
    I haven't seen the one with Mark in so many years. I remember liking it, but my memory has failed me many times in the past.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I haven't seen the one with Mark in so many years. I remember liking it, but my memory has failed me many times in the past.
    I never get bored of watching the film. It had an incredible cast.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I never get bored of watching the film. It had an incredi

Incredi-what? The anticipation is killing me! ;)
    U know, incredi. Get with the youth lang', @Creas! ;)
    O oka I go i. I thoug i wa incredi to! ;)
    U-th is no guarNT of F-ishNC ;)

Anyway, let's get back to talking about apes. Which is your favourite primate from the Bond films? The monkey that scares Dalton, the wristwatch-wearing gorilla from OP, Daniel Craig...

Just kidding, sensitive Craig fans. He's a prime 8 (out of 8) :)>-
    Roger Moore as a gorilla...and then a clown. That always takes the cake.
    Gorillas! Clowns! Cake! There must be another way!