Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

Watched the finale of Fargo on Sunday. Hands down the best show I've seen in quite some time. Utterly brilliant from start to finish.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Watched the finale of Fargo on Sunday. Hands down the best show I've seen in quite some time. Utterly brilliant from start to finish.

That's what everyone has been saying, makes me even more eager to check it out.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I never watch tv anymore. So disappointed by that medium.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Just watched season 6 of Smallville, enjoyed more this time some good references to DC universe. Some excellent episodes in this season that often gets negative reviews.

@Thunderfinger can understand that, often listen to radio/podcasts or watch movies. Was thinking earlier how long before tv becomes obsolete with over saturation of multi media.
    Ended Season 2 of Hannibal and
    I'm speechless. I can't even comment as I don't know what happend and why. The only thing that is certain is that Hannibal Lecter is pure evil!
    Graham Norton compilation show! Brilliant and very funny still second time round! :))
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thunderfinger, you really should give True Detective a look. Brilliant, out of the box acting, atmospheric, some of the best quality I have ever seen on TV (it was on HBO, I believe). You can now rent it or view it online.
    Thunderfinger, you really should give True Detective a look. Brilliant, out of the box acting, atmospheric, some of the best quality I have ever seen on TV (it was on HBO, I believe). You can now rent it or view it online.

It was on HBO, and is one superb miniseries, of sorts. (I'll call it that until we see what they do with season two, and if they just consider them separate miniseries with the same title.)

@4EverBonded, I know we've talked about it, and if you have the ability to play them, you should pick it up on blu-ray. I got it the day it was released and immediately dove into it when I got it home, and the quality is phenomenal. It was already really nice when I saw it online, but the sharp video and audio quality to it makes it that much better.

Also, I threw on the subtitles when I rewatched it, as I'll admit, the first time I saw it, I became really confused sometimes with what Rust was saying or who the characters were.
    Arrow season one, did not watched when aired. Bought box set and several episodes in, enjoying it its intriguing as to where it may go and, a few DCU characters have shown up early on.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Thanks for the recommendation. I still own a tv.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Thanks for the recommendation. I still own a tv.
    It's a great show. I finished watching it a week or so ago. I like the layout of the story, and the acting is superb.

I've been getting into Tron a bit lately. Did anyone see Tron: Uprising? It was an animated series that came out in 2012, with Elijah Wood providing the voice for the lead character.
    24, or how we call it here ; 24 : London.

Didn't watch the last season through, but have been glued to television with this one. It's miracle what four years can do to you, and it was time they brought back the other JB.
    Sunday : Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (second season just started in France).

Yesterday : Death in Paradise (third season started last week
    I'm going to miss DCI Poole, and Ben Miller
    )

Friday : Bones.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Skins. Watched a bit of the first series when it was on but never really bothered after that. My wife loved the first few series though and she wanted to rewatch it so I've been watching them all with her.

Didn't really like Tony at first. He was a dickhead. But I warmed to him a bit, he became more sympathetic and he had some funny moments. What's good about it is that the characters all seem real even if the storylines they're involved in don't. I knew a girl just like Cassie when I was at school and Chris reminds me of myself when I was younger. I like how they get big actors to play the parents too. Danny Dyer, Peter Capaldi, etc.

It's not realistic or anything but the characters are all really good, it's funny and it captures what it's like to be a teenager pretty well (although they all seem to have much more money than I did back then). Just got onto series 3 now where they change all the characters for the first time. Not sure if I like them as much as the old lot yet (only seen the first episode) but I like most of the new characters. Cook's hilarious and the twins are really fit.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,687
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Firefly was recommended to me years ago by people to whom I complained that the movie Serenity had made so little sense to me. Well, obviously I should have watched this series first.
    @DarthDimi, your coat is kind of a brownish colour...
    ;)
    Yeah, Firefly is an awesome show. As it happens, the movie Serenity is my co-favourite movie of all time (the other being Blade Runner).

My Son & I are 2/3 the way through a marathon of my second favourite series of the 21st Century, Dark Angel. Coming up fast on the series final episode directed by James Cameron. I can't wait...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Invasion (2005)

I could've sworn someone here recommended watching this show, but cannot find the comment to give thanks. I'm already 11 episodes in, and absolutely loving it. They took the Body Snatchers, and altered them quite a bit, but it works. The acting is superb, and as you'd expect, there's quite a lot of suspense. There are some familiar faces in the main cast, such as William Fichtner (Prison Break), Kari Matchett (24), Tyler Labine (Reaper) and Evan Peters (American Horror Story).

As usual, the first episode is just establishing the plot and characters- but by the end of the second episode I was hooked. Unfortunately, it's one of those series that got cancelled after the first season when some great ideas were to be explored in the following season, but at least we get 22 episodes to have fun with.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 2,782
    sapphire and steel....great piece of sci-fi...JL looked awsome as ever.

I wish they made more.

for people with small intellects, don't bother its far too cultured and well written for people who love spiderman or star wars....get a life, read a book, educate yourself and think beyond your piers or people you fawn to. Pathetic.

• edited July 2014 Posts: 2,341
    I think I'm going to drop "Dominion" from my viewing schedule. I am losing interest in that show.
    Characters are uninteresting and not engaging

Angels are portrayed as really stupid mindless freaks, whereas I would think they would be superior to us humans both physically and mentally (and morally)
    It was based on an equally shytty movie, ":Legion". So I recommend you all stay away from this show.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    for people with small intellects, don't bother its far too cultured and well written for people who love spiderman or star wars....get a life, read a book, educate yourself and think beyond your piers or people you fawn to. Pathetic.

You mean the kind of people with intellects so terribly small they can't understand how to behave on a forum like this? Intellects so infinitesimally small they don't realise that posts like these basically turn every person with normal social skills against you?

Interesting.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:

You mean the kind of people with intellects so terribly small they can't understand how to behave on a forum like this? Intellects so infinitesimally small they don't realise that posts like these basically turn every person with normal social skills against you?

Interesting.

It doesn't take a great intellect to start a sentence with a capital or recognise the difference between its and it's, or indeed piers and peers.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 11,189
    After talking about The Fugitive the other day I decided to watch the first ever episode of the original TV series. It's so...so. Reminded me a bit of Psycho with it's cheap budget and the fact it was set in Arizona. The acting's a little corny too at times. Very much a product of its time.

• edited July 2014 Posts: 7,653
    Rizzoli & Isles, and I enjoy the Tess Geritssen books as well even if they are quite different.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Skins I hate Effy. Effy is just an annoying posh girl and the whole "oooh look at me I'm such a rebel and I'm so mysterious" act is so boring. And all the lads on the show seem to think she's really fit but she does nothing for me. There's nothing about her that's interesting and I feel like the only reason she's still in it was to have some sort of link to the first two series.

I hate Freddy too. He's just a whiney little bitch. He's decided he really likes this girl that he's barely ever even spoken too and now he's all stroppy because Cook f***ed her. He's so bland too, no personality at all.

And I hate Pandora. She's just really annoying.

The rest of them I like. Cook's brilliant, really funny and I like the bits with him and JJ. I like the twins too, Emily's cute, Katie's a bit of a bitch but that's sort of the point and they're both really fit. I like Naomi too and I like the African kid.

Oh, and Gareth off The Office was in it, which was cool. He's funny in it. I liked it when he necked the pot noodle to try and show off how hard he was.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    King of the Hill
    I recently got back into this show. As a kid I never understood it's humor and didn't like it very much, but now as an adult I can understand it full and appreciate it. It's balance of comedy and dramatic storytelling is very good. The characters are compelling and charming. It's a really great animated sitcom.
    @WillyGalore, my buddy talked about how great 'Fargo' is (he's on episode seven currently), so I stopped bothering with the movies I was going to watch and started this show. End of episode one, and after shows like 'Game of Thrones' and 'Breaking Bad,' this has to be one of the ballsiest, most insane shows I've ever seen. Halfway through episode two and I'm hooked, so I see me watching these straight through tomorrow and finishing it by the evening (or perhaps Wednesday). I'll let you know my thoughts when I'm finished! I love it so far.
  • boredom nostalgia and alcohol has reunited me with an old friend
    @Creasy47 Glad you're liking Fargo so far. It gets even better as it goes on.

Just watched Utopia, episode 2 season 2. It's one of the most original and totally bonkers dramas I've watched in a long time.

For those of you outside the UK, if you can find a way to watch this show, I highly recommend it.

(It is not for the faint of heart though).
    @WillyGalore, I'm nearly done episode seven now, and my friend - who is a little bit ahead of me in the show - said something insane happens in episode nine, so I'm looking forward to finishing it tonight.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @WillyGalore, I'm nearly done episode seven now, and my friend - who is a little bit ahead of me in the show - said something insane happens in episode nine, so I'm looking forward to finishing it tonight.

If he's referring to the beginning of the episode, then yes I would totally agree with him.

EDIT: By the way, has Billy Bob Thornton ever been better?
    @WillyGalore, I'm not sure, but I can't wait to find out!

You're spot on about Thornton! He is unbelievable in this. I love how domineering and threatening he is. He spent the former half of the show getting what he wants just by being creepy, inquisitive, and threatening, didn't need violence or a weapon to do that, just his words. I can't stand his haircut, though. Looks like my hair when I was 13 years old or something.