Action Movies Thread

15678911»

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I gave up on the series after Lost World. Though I've seen III and I hated it. Stupid plot, unlikable characters, too much screaming from Téa Leoni. Makes Tanya Roberts screaming James oscar material.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I am looking forward to the new JP film. I have always been a fan since I was a kid.

At one point I heard this film was going to take place before 3, but it was just a rumor.
  • Question: Why is the new film called Jurassic World when it takes place on the same island as the first movie?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Maybe the dinosaurs escape. Dinosaurs invading the world. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 5,767
    DCisared wrote:
    :D interesting blue logo, possibly hinting at marine and aquatic prehistoric animals........i read an interesting plot rumor
    apparently the new film takes place on isla nublar ( the original JP island) and Jurassic park is now a fully functioning and profitable theme park attracting millions of visitors a year. naturally things go tits up , this time when a new Dino breaks out and starts terrorizing the park. To survive apparently the humans use tame Velociraptors and t rex to kill the crazed new dinos :S. im not sure i like this idea of tame dinosaurs at all
    take this with a pinch of salt thou as director colin trevorrow recently shot down rumors of a muzzled T rex. :)
    That spoiler-tagged rumor is a horrible idea. The aquatic idea could be the best thing since jaws or the worst thing since Megalodon.

Question: Why is the new film called Jurassic World when it takes place on the same island as the first movie?
    To make it clear the same idea is being re-booted ;-)?

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Empire is releasing news that the creators of the Taken franchise, as well as Sony Studios which backs them, will be going ahead (against comments from the majority of those involved) with a Taken 3.

"We didn't start talking about Taken 3 until we saw the numbers," Kamen tells Hollywood.com. "But then we said, 'Oh, okay. I think we should do a third one.' And Fox wants us to do a third one."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35457

Key part:
    "We've taken everyone we can take — it's going to go in another direction. Should be interesting."

What a disgrace. :-<

The daughter got "taken" then the parents got taken, who's next? The family dog?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No one does. Yep, that happens in Taken 3.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Yep, the bad guys snatch the family pup and then flea. ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Inside Jurassic World: New leaked park brochure gives clues to which dinosaurs could be in the film and map of the island

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2691888/Inside-Jurassic-World-New-leaked-park-brochure-gives-clues-dinosaurs-film-map-island.html
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Here are some of the main action films made since the thread has been inactive:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Trailers for action flicks released since the last post:

edited April 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Some more recent trailers for upcoming action flicks:

Very rare even un-signed :D