Connery did a FRWL game in 2005, which film/actor would you like to see with a game next?

Comments

• ok lets just say that any bond could do a game for a minute.

id like to see goldfinger most of all, but il just laugh at old connerys voice like i did playing FRWL

the spy who loved me or moonraker would be perfect. but IMHO nightfire was basically a modernized moonraker game. i wouldnt mind the spy who loved me but we did have an underwater car level in nightfire and that was one of the worst missions.

one brilliant choice would be a view to a kill or octopussy. they are 2 action styled moore games that nightfire didnt steal elements from
    @thelivingroyale: I think AVTAK would work well, but I'm not sure about OP. I've tried to come up with some level ideas for OP, and there wasn't enough. AVTAK however, actually had plenty of good level possibilities.
  • @00Beast yeah i suppose there arent many good levels for OP, and i dont think many would enjoy playing as a clown. thunderball or never say never again maybe??? id say the living daylights, we could get some cool splinter cell type stealth missions out of that, but it would be kind of innapropriate today considering bonds main allies were rebels in afghanistan. they would have to change the plot but then they'd fuck it up like they did with FRWL.
  • they should make a view to a kill featuring moore or failing that brosnan, then re release everything or nothing (considering it was basically a view to a kills sequel). they should sell it in a pack.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 205
    The first time hearing the voice of bond in that game without knowing anything about it, I seriously thought someone was doing a bad Sean Connery impression. I was laughing on the inside. Then I found out it was actually Sean. Twas a sad day..
  • The first time hearing the voice of bond in that game without knowing anything about it, I seriously thought someone was doing a bad Sean Connery impression. I was laughing on the inside. Then I found out it was actually Sean. Twas a sad day..
    they had connerys likeness, so they should've just got a decent impersonater. but they dont have the best track record with voice impersonaters (ok, i loved nightfire and the guy from grease 2 and emmerdale could've made a decent bond himself, but he sounds nothing like pierce brosnan)
  • they could bring back brosnan and make the romoured nightfire sequel
  • @JamesBond: I loved the dark story and dark concept! It worked so well, and I wish more Bond movies would resort to the dark aspects found in such Bond movies as FRWL, OHMSS, TLD, LTK, and GE.
    None of the classic Bond films had dark concept, SPECTRE wasn't as dark as Quantum and the new Janus is. And also there wasn't too much conspiracy in the classic films, but Craig's era is full of them.
  • they could bring back brosnan and make the romoured nightfire sequel
    Hell yeah!!!!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @JamesBond: I loved the dark story and dark concept! It worked so well, and I wish more Bond movies would resort to the dark aspects found in such Bond movies as FRWL, OHMSS, TLD, LTK, and GE.
    None of the classic Bond films had dark concept, SPECTRE wasn't as dark as Quantum and the new Janus is. And also there wasn't too much conspiracy in the classic films, but Craig's era is full of them.
    I'd say SPECTRE is about 1,000X more dangerous than Quantum. SPECTRE are led by a raving maniac who has a penchant for dying and coming back, SPECTRE was more far-reaching with their efforts(Quantum hasn't wanted to take over the world yet), and their plans are always huge and diabolical. All Quantum has done is real-world schemes, dealing with oil, monopoly, and middle men. I dunno. Maybe the whole drought in Bolivia was Forster's idea for the water element. Please tell me it isn't...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Maybe the whole drought in Bolivia was Forster's idea for the water element. Please tell me it isn't...
    It wasn't. That was the boat chase.
  • @JamesBond: I loved the dark story and dark concept! It worked so well, and I wish more Bond movies would resort to the dark aspects found in such Bond movies as FRWL, OHMSS, TLD, LTK, and GE.
    I'd say SPECTRE is about 1,000X more dangerous than Quantum. SPECTRE are led by a raving maniac who has a penchant for dying and coming back, SPECTRE was more far-reaching with their efforts(Quantum hasn't wanted to take over the world yet), and their plans are always huge and diabolical. All Quantum has done is real-world schemes, dealing with oil, monopoly, and middle men. I dunno. Maybe the whole drought in Bolivia was Forster's idea for the water element. Please tell me it isn't...
    QFT, im sick of people saying quantum and the new janus from the goldeneye game are darker than spectre. is there even a head of quantum??? if green was the head of quantum then thats crap, and if he's just an operative they could've done better (gone are the days of largo and dr no it seems)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Maybe the whole drought in Bolivia was Forster's idea for the water element. Please tell me it isn't...
    It wasn't. That was the boat chase.
    REALLY?! That was Forster's big water element? You'd think the big drought crisis in Bolivia during the plot and the citizen's dire need for H2O would have been his creative vision. But the boat chase? Tisk tisk Forster... [-(

I'm reading small amounts of sarcasm in here... and it's coming right.... from... THERE!
    ^^^
    Who's being sarcastic?!
    Who's being sarcastic?!
    I gathered @SharkBait thought you were but as you posted the question I answered twice, I figured not.

Maybe I have this completely wrong though... @-)
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 2,107
    "It wasn't. That was the boat chase."

I thought this was meant as sarcasm. But if it wasn't, then hooray to Forster for coming up with a brilliant contribution like that ;)

I honestly haven't got any idea who came up with what. But if it really was Forster, then more power to him.

I shouldn't post this late...
    Back Onto TOPIC!!!!
    I'd like to see a re-made Tomorrow Never Dies game. They made one for the PS1 way back when, and I think it should be next in line for a re-do. If GoldenEye could be re-made, why not try TND next? Imagine the possibilities for such a game, especially with today's marvelous graphics. Since TND is such a heavy-action Bond movie, the game would be exceptionally fun!
    It could also have the potential to have an epic multiplayer, online or local. You could choose characters between 007, Elliot Carver, Stamper, Gupta, Dr. Kauffman, Wai Lin, Paris, Jack Wade, Robinson, maybe even the unseen General Chang! There would also be a variety of maps to play on, like the Airfield from the PTS, Carver's printing press, the Atlantic hotel parking lot, Carver's HQ in Saigon, the streets of Saigon, and the Stealth Boat.
    A redo of all the films may work in that case. But yes, Tomorrow Never Dies in the vein of the GoldenEye we've just been given could work well.
  • A redo of all the films may work in that case. But yes, Tomorrow Never Dies in the vein of the GoldenEye we've just been given could work well.
    They tried that already for the PS1
    :-?
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    A redo of all the films may work in that case. But yes, Tomorrow Never Dies in the vein of the GoldenEye we've just been given could work well.
    No they haven't. Not in the Activsion 2010/11 style anyway.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm sorry, did I dream of Pierce Brosnan playing Bond, or has Craig been Bond since 1995 ?

I'm sorry, did I dream of Pierce Brosnan playing Bond, or has Craig been Bond since 1995 ?

This is a rhetorical question.

In the games there is no timeline. Why not just go to town with it and follow up GoldenEye with Tomorrow Never Dies?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2011 Posts: 15,686

This is a rhetorical question.

In the games there is no timeline. Why not just go to town with it and follow up GoldenEye with Tomorrow Never Dies?
    Why keep on doing Bond games if you're only going to make remakes of past Bond games ? I say call it quits on the Bond game franchise until another studio want to make great original games again. The Bong game franchise is dead.
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    If it could sell for Activion that's all they will care about. I'd love to see a faithful adaptation of some of the films as unlikely as it is to happen. Why not make a more well-known film then? The best choice is Bond 23 if not Goldfinger perhaps.

God only knows my ideas will be no better than what we get in the future in the Bondverse's game world...
    I'd love to see a faithful adaptation of some of the films as unlikly as it is to happen.
    'Faithful adaptation' ? How can that be possible if Craig replaces the film's original actor ? Surely that makes a faithful adaptation impossible.
    Yes Dalton daniel Craig has been 007 since 1995 Brosnan was just a nightmare lol

to be fair Adding elements of i think it was jamesbond idea of Goldeneye 2 and tomorrow never dies could be good perhaps after the satelite was destroyed Janus under the leadership of Elliot Carver tries to rebuild and cause an embarsing blow to the british.... Could be kinda cool.

I don't mind the remakes in game world as long as it's done well.

personally they should readapt the James bond game for game boy give it a title and use that I love that game... you know what i'm gonna play it right now!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,882
    I don't want to see any Bond films made into games, not at this point in time. Not if it means replacing the relevant Bond with Craig. I know i'm a completist, but seeing Craig in an maul... sorry, adaption of TLD, would certainly discourage me from buying said game.

I can't bear the Moore Bond films, but that doesn't mean I want to see Bond replaced with The Hulk.
    I wonder if there will be a Bond 23 "tie-in" and if it will be 1st or 3rd person...?... I'm hoping 3rd person and no Activision!