"Get outta my head!" Your inner Bond music you can't stop...

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
edited June 2014 in Music Posts: 17,687
As a kid, LALD repeated in my head daily.
Recently, YKMN was going on and on.
This month, TLD is playing. :O
Is it just me? Do you guys & gals have a never ending Bond song or piece of music you can't mentally purge?
At least, if I ever go deaf, I'll never lack for music...

Thoughts?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's been a few weeks since I watched AVTAK, but ever since, I CANNOT get the theme song out of my head. It's insane. I mean, I'm not complaining, but once the chorus has repeated roughly hundreds of thousands of times, I just wait for my head to implode.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I listen to various Bond music everyday. Sometimes, I like to slow down the pitch and tempo and listen to it in a new and different way. It's pretty fun.

But most Bond music I frequent is...

AVTAK: Snow Job.
    TB: Chateau Flight.
    YOLT: A Drop in the Ocean.
    DAD: Hovercraft Chase.
    CR: African Rundown.
    GE: GoldenEye overture.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote:
    Heh, three months ago that was bouncing around my brainpan. YKMN replaced it.
    I don't get it. I'm a fan of SO many movies... why is it (nearly) always BOND music that possesses my consciousness?
    Hans Zimmer's work on Broken Arrow & MI2 are the only non-Bond tunes that can compare.
    One might think I'd hear Star Trek or Star Wars or something...
    :-??
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Heh, three months ago that was bouncing around my brainpan. YKMN replaced it.
    I don't get it. I'm a fan of SO many movies... why is it (nearly) always BOND music that possesses my consciousness?
    Hans Zimmer's work on Broken Arrow & MI2 are the only non-Bond tunes that can compare.
    One might think I'd hear Star Trek or Star Wars or something...
    :-??

I'm a pretty big musicphile. I have tons of different soundtracks. Ranging from movies to videogames to even music I've been composing myself. I always come back to Bond music though. It's universally very good, even fan made Bond music. It's great.

I think I have every single Bond related soundtrack ever produced. I can't get enough.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote:
    I think I have every single Bond related soundtrack ever produced. I can't get enough.
    But, does it regularly go through your head, sometimes even unwanted, without actually LISTENING TO it?
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    But, does it regularly go through your head, sometimes even unwanted, without actually LISTENING TO it?

I wouldn't really say it's unwanted. Though in a lot of situations I come across I seem to have a Bond song for everything. :p
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I used to be addicted to YKMN, and now I am very addicted to the OHMSS title theme. In my phone I've got all the variations in the world (three by David Arnold, one by The Original Onions, one by Rocket Scientists, one from "The Essential James Bond Album", etc.). I just can't stop to listen to it.

Also, I love "Backseat Driver" and "The Countdown" from TND, "We Have All The Time in the World", "Nightfire Source Menu Theme"; "Kiss of Life", "Whiteout" and "Antonov" from DAD.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Yes, all the time. The Man with the Golden Gun, Live and Let Die, A View to a Kill and The Living Daylights are all themes that frequently play in my head.

But the one I find most often playing in my head is "Underwater Mayhem" from Thunderball. I don't know why, maybe it's the fast tempo or something...

Various themes from The Living Daylights also like to play on loop in my head, most notably "Hercules Take-off".
    So many, all from John Barry.
    To name just two:

OHMSS main theme
    The sniper was a woman from TLD
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Yes, I have a few "unwanted" Bond songs going on in my head. It's often AVTAK or With With Stacey, but today at least I've had NDIB running, off and on, through my head.

Other common ones include; Hovercraft Chase, Backseat Driver, I'm the Money, YKMN, plus various bits, cues and odd jobs from YOLT, including the main title song as well. I tend to avoid the genius that is Barry - he is for special occasions only ;-)
  • RC7RC7
    007 and Counting - DAF
    Over and Out - OHMSS
    Loved "Backseat Driver" from TND and always had that in my when i was in my car! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It's been a few weeks since I watched AVTAK, but ever since, I CANNOT get the theme song out of my head. It's insane. I mean, I'm not complaining, but once the chorus has repeated roughly hundreds of thousands of times, I just wait for my head to implode.
    Last week at work someone turned on 80s hits and Duran Duran's AVTAK blasted on the radio, causing me to grin. I love it when radios play Bond songs; it's not something that is done enough.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Last week at work someone turned on 80s hits and Duran Duran's AVTAK blasted on the radio, causing me to grin. I love it when radios play Bond songs; it's not something that is done enough.

I hear "Nobody Does it Better" all the time. I heard it at my local Big Lots and Steak N Shake. And I heard Die Another Day play at a shopping Mall I visited back in 2007.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I hear "Nobody Does it Better" all the time. I heard it at my local Big Lots and Steak N Shake. And I heard Die Another Day play at a shopping Mall I visited back in 2007.

I hear NDIB a lot too, way more than the others. And of course because of Paul and his musical legacy LALD is another I hear a lot. However, my favorites like YKMN, FRWL and ATH I never hear.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Whenever thinking of the Bond theme in my head I seem to get stuck on the version from the LTK PTS, where Bond approaches Sanchez's plane in the helicopter. It's terribly 80s sounding but there's something about the way the theme slowly builds up at that point which makes it override other versions in my memory.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I hear NDIB a lot too, way more than the others. And of course because of Paul and his musical legacy LALD is another I hear a lot. However, my favorites like YKMN, FRWL and ATH I never hear.

Another fan of All Time High?
  • The instrumental of Diamonds Are Forever and the A View To A Kill (Bond Meets Stacey) are always playing in my head....
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The opening chords of You Only LiveTwice, Diamonds Are Forever, The Living Daylights and Goldeneye tend to stay a while in my head when I hear them.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Trying to get to sleep; one last post ...

You Only Live Twice - definitely (and these days, appropriately)

A View to a Kill - Once it pops into my mind, it stays a while, just so very catchy

Nobody Does It Better - I just love the song, but most especially Carly's voice (so many have sung this but ... yes, it's true - nobody does it better than Carly Simon) ;)

Live and Let Die - I like to think of this as I hurtle down my mountain on my bike after work, on a great bike path with stunning views. The tempo and out and out pure rock of this song matches that feeling as I gather momentum, ending up flying down the path. Besides I still, to this day, love Paul. :)

Yes, I have a few songs that play in my head.

AVTAK , TLD , YKMN , CR and SF. Don't know why those songs, but those along with the official Bond theme are playing in my head from time to time.