Rambo: Last Blood (September 20, 2019)

Comments

Not sure if this has been posted, loved the last Rambo film hope this continues the tone.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Rambo IS the best. Come back, Johnny! :D
    Cool! Have to say i would rather him continue the Expendable series more though! They are just a joyous escapists dream! :-bd
    I like to pretend his Expendables character IS Rambo! But a fifth movie would suit me just fine. My only wish is that they follow he fourth movies example (which was very well done) and not have him do any crazy stunts that would only make the audience laugh at Stallone's age. Give me something like Clint Wastwood's Unforgiven, but with Rambo!!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I guess they decided to not make it a TV show. Did I read that right, at one point they considered having Rambo fighting aliens?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Give him long hair, a foul attitude, and a decent reason for revenge (or slaughtering hundreds of bad guys), and I'm in. The most recent 'Rambo' was fantastic because it was just that: he sets out to help some innocent people and massacres the bad guys in the most brutal ways possible. That's popcorn entertainment right there.
    Yep i think actually that the fourth movie is quite possibly my own personal favourite of the series!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The first & fourth are stellar. The two in between were just fun looneytoons.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Rambo is just plain dumb, and to compare it to the Cohens is just, well, plain dumb. That Oscar in the seventies went to your head, Sylvester.
    chrisisall wrote:
    The first & fourth are stellar. The two in between were just fun looneytoons.

First film is brilliant on many levels, often debate which is stallones best film first Blood or Rocky. I suppose they are polar opposites and for that reason are equal. Rambo surprised me there are many moments that have emotionally resonance. the middle two were typical 80s movies, never watched the third film all the way through, tried many times lol
    Looking forward to this one. Stallone is one my favorites!
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,432
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/rambo/32055/rambo-5-now-has-a-title-and-director

Could not find a Rambo 5 thread on search, apologies if one already exists.

Interesting sub title to the next Rambo film, bookends the series also opens up possibilities within the narrative.
    I suspect John Rambo may die in this film.
    Loved the last one; no reason this won't be great too IMO.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2014 Posts: 28,694
    I've never had a chance to sit down and watch the Rambo series, but it is on my list. I remember Stallone saying once that he initially envisioned the original Rambo film ending with the hero dying, and I think that is how he will end this fifth film: Rambo going out in one last blaze of glory. The title could also be hinting at just this kind of idea.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I enjoyed all the Rambo films. III being my favorite. I wish it the best.
    I've never had a chance to sit down and watch the Rambo series, but it is on my list.
    The first & last (so far) are really serious. The two middle ones could be skipped IMO.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I've never had a chance to sit down and watch the Rambo series, but it is on my list.
    The first & last (so far) are really serious. The two middle ones could be skipped IMO.

I wouldn't skip any. Watch the whole series. It's good fun. II and III are more action oriented but that doesn't make them bad.
    Murdock wrote: »
    II and III are more action oriented but that doesn't make them bad.
    I admit to watching them BOTH about a bazillion times...
    :D
    II and III are more action oriented but that doesn't make them bad.
    I admit to watching them BOTH about a bazillion times...
    :D

I've watched them all multiple times, but I wasn't much of a Rambo fan in my childhood/teenage years.
    I've watched them all multiple times, but I wasn't much of a Rambo fan in my childhood/teenage years.
    It's not a kid series, so that doesn't surprise me.
    I even had a Rambo knife. 'Till I broke it.
    Need to get another....
  • I've never had a chance to sit down and watch the Rambo series, but it is on my list. I remember Stallone saying once that he initially envisioned the original Rambo film ending with the hero dying, and I think that is how he will end this fifth film: Rambo going out in one last blaze of glory. The title could also be hinting at just this kind of idea.
    in the original novel Rambo does die-- and isn't exactly the protagonist either. The Sheriff is more 'good guy' than Rambo.
    I thought 2008's Rambo was a great end to the series, but Stallone is a smart guy, and I'm curious to see what he has in mind

in the original novel Rambo does die-- and isn't exactly the protagonist either. The Sheriff is more 'good guy' than Rambo.
    Yeah, Rambo was more like Godzilla in that. I read it after I saw the movie back in '82, and I really didn't like it. But I saw what the film-makers saw they could use. My impression was that it was originally intended to be much darker, but once Stallone was signed, his Rocky persona forced them to make Rambo the underdog & more sympathetic. It worked well in the end. And I totally appreciated Stallone making use of the alternate footage from FB in the last movie- it gave it an increased emotional resonance.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm all for it. I like the title they are using at the moment. Making the series start with First Blood and end with Last Blood. That's good since it felt like they had forgotten that it wasn't called just Rambo from the beginning.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,432

Totally Agee, First Blood and Rambo are both excellent. Rambo: First Blood part two, and Rambo III, are just a bit daft. They really did mess the titles of the films up a bit.

Lol knew I had started a similar thread, wish search worked

:-\"
    Have to say I like the last one more than the others. The first movie follows a close second.
  • 2 and 3 were great. They're OTT but there's nothing wrong with that. Nowhere near as good as the first but they were fun. If you're going to watch them then watch them all, don't skip any.

I thought the fourth film was good but it came across like it was trying too hard to be gritty. I was a bit disappointed.

Can't wait for the new one though.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First official look at Rambo 5:

tc0uo4kc5up11.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    First official look at Rambo 5:

tc0uo4kc5up11.jpg

Now what I was expecting-- even with the story taking place on the border (he's taking on the Mexican cartel).
  • He better have LONG HAIR hiding under that hat! ;)
  • BTW Here's another

dR2okIx.jpg